Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: How Will The Series Go?

Voters
4. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sox Swept

0 0%
  • Sox Win One

1 25.00%
  • Sox Win Series

3 75.00%
  • Sox Sweep

0 0%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Home Opener: Kansas City Royals (3-2) @ Chicago White Sox (3-4) | 4/08 - 4/11

Kansas City Royals (3-2) @ Chicago White Sox (3-4)
    Guaranteed Rate Field - Chicago, IL. | 4/08 - 4/11

Thursday April 8, 2021 @ 3:10pm CT on NBCSN
    Brad Keller, RHP (0-0, 40.50 ERA) vs. Lance Lyn, RHP (0-0, 0.00 ERA)

Royals: Keller will look to rebound after a shaky start on Opening Day, when he allowed six earned runs on nine hits in 1-1/3 innings against the Rangers. It was the shortest Opening Day start in franchise history.
    White Sox: The home opener start goes to Lynn, who makes his second start for the White Sox. Lyn threw 99 pitches over 4-2/3 innings against the Angels Saturday, striking out six and walking two with no earned runs.

Saturday April 10, 2021 @ 1:10pm CT on NBCSN
    Mike Minor, LHP (1-0, 6.00 ERA) vs. Dylan Cease, RHP (0-0, 5.79 ERA)

Royals: Minor made it through six innings on Saturday against the Rangers, but he allowed for runs on four hits in his debut. Minor struck out six, while allowing just two walks.
    White Sox: Cease threw 30 pitches during a two run first inning against the Angels, but overcame the slow start to work 92 pitches and 4-2/3 innings in a no decision. The right hander struck out three and walked three and yielded three runs.

Sunday April 11, 2021 @ 1:10pm CT on NBCSN
    Brady Singer, RHP (0-1, 13.50 ERA) vs. Carlos Rodon, LHP (1-0, 0.00 ERA)

Royals: Singer looked excellent early in his season debut on Sunday, but the Rangers ended up tagging him for six runs (five earned) in the 3rd & 4th innings. He struck out five and walked three in 3-1/3 innings.
    White Sox: Rodon picked up a win for the first time since April 19, 2019 and looked good in doing so. The southpaw struck out nine over five innings, walking three and yielding two hits. He recorded 19 swing and misses in 95 pitches.
    Last edited by DaSox_05; 04-09-2021 at 09:50 AM.

Well at least we know the bullpen isn't too tapped going into this series.

I'm glad La Russa acknowledged his piss poor BP management last night. Hopefully that signals that he won't make that same mistake anytime soon. I feel like they have been a little to lax with our Relievers struggles, and a little reactionary with the starters.

I'd say the 3 instances were most noteworthy:

Game 1:

After Bummer walked Upton to load the bases, in a tie game, with 2 outs, we should have went to a righty for the last out vs. Pujols. Bummer was taxed and frustrated after the early error in that inning. Play the matchup with a fresh arm, and get us to the 9th inning with a tie game.

Game 4:

Cease was pitching fine in the 5th inning. He got 2 outs in 7 pitches. He should have been given 1 more batter to get the last out and get us to the 6th inning with a fresh pen. Instead you bring in a cold Righty vs. a Lefty, and he hits a go ahead bomb. That changed the whole game. If you are going to pull the plug, why not go to Bummer for a lefty lefty matchup. We have plenty of arms behind Bummer to finish the game out. It was just an odd move altogether.

Cease has to be pretty frustrated as a White Sock so far. Last year he gets pushed from game 3, deservedly so. That was the 1st time the team showed no faith in him. Then you pull him with 2 outs in a tie game and no one on? That won't help his confidence. I think he earned a shot at that out after handling their best hitters the 2nd and 3rd time around.

Game 7:

I definitely agree with pulling the plug on Keuchel after letting 2 men on. We have a 4-1, with men at 2nd and 3rd. The main goal is to not let that game tying run reach base. I don't love going to Foster there, but even so, after he gave up 3 hits in 4 batters, we are still up 4-3 with 1 out. I'm even ok letting him have 1 more batter, which ended up in a sac fly to tie the game. But after that, and after the BB to load the bases right after, they have lefty veteran Seager up. No way you stick with Foster there. Crochet wasn't taxed the night before, and Bummer is sitting there too. You have to play that matchup to preserve the tie. With Crochet, you can get 1 out from him if you didn't want to use him on b2b, and use the rest of the pen in 7, 8, 9. Again, preserve the damn tie, and which helps our hitters mentally the rest of the game. Some guys react different at the plate down a run.

Lol we have to lose for our fans to speak up. Sad!

Finally a professionally pitched game by one of our starters.....I hope Cease and Rodon were paying attention and taking notes. Point being you do not have to throw EVERY pitch 98 mph to get outs. Great job by Lynn!!!

Real good win, need to sweep. You have to control your division to win it! The Twins are not going away, so we rally have to clean up KC and Detroit!

Quote Originally Posted by dabears34ft View Post
    Lol we have to lose for our fans to speak up. Sad!
    Put down the Cool aid Francis. its April 8th...

Quote Originally Posted by Bainsy View Post
    Put down the Cool aid Francis. its April 8th...
    https://youtu.be/BiBeDLyShgo

This Kool Aid tastes so good though

Updated the KC starters for Saturday and Sunday.

Excellent game yesterday all around. Need to beat up on the AL Central if you want to win the division.

Quote Originally Posted by dabears34ft View Post
    https://youtu.be/BiBeDLyShgo

This Kool Aid tastes so good though

Man that bomb was glorious.

Quote Originally Posted by Pierzynski4Prez View Post
    Man that bomb was glorious.
    Heís an interesting fact. It still hasnít landed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It will be interesting to see how Mercedez can continue to produce going forward. Obviously wonít be at this pace, but he has always been a solid hitter, so I think he will continue to be very productive.

Needed a start like that from Lynn. Get our bullpen rested.

Quote Originally Posted by Sockeye View Post
    It will be interesting to see how Mercedez can continue to produce going forward. Obviously wonít be at this pace, but he has always been a solid hitter, so I think he will continue to be very productive.

Needed a start like that from Lynn. Get our bullpen rested.
    Yeah our BP gets 2 full days off so we legit have everyone ready to go. Good timing, cuz we don't have an off day for a while.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast