Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    I said it before and ill say it again Bote is not an everyday player, he is much better when he comes off the bench and gets spot starts here and there

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Crusader View Post
    Bryant put together a good at bat. Baez got another hit, but he's still trying to pull everything. I almost wish he wouldn't have any success, so he he'd realize it's time to fix his approach and go opposite field.
    That actually happened in 2018 or 19, he struggled for awhile and then started hitting alot of balls to right center

Davies pitching BP in this second inning
    7 runs scored so far

Yikes. This one got ugly real quick.

2016 World Series Champions!!!

Yay Cubs.

I thought Eastern time was Central time, welp, saved myself that second inning agony.

Oh, man, with a fully rested 9-man bullpen, Ross sits on his duff for a 7-run inning. Pretty damn sad when you are out of a game with the worst team in MLB by the second inning.

I knew that historically Joc had trouble hitting lefties but did not realize he had this much trouble hitting RH pitchers too.

Pirates have Davies' number. They knocked him around a bit last time too. They're being very patient and going the other way on him, so that change-up ain't doing much. Credit where credit is due.

Quote Originally Posted by ciaban2.0 View Post
    That was always the argument, but hit's batsmen have been higher than ever the last like 3 years.
    Probably because teams like the Cubs go for pitchers with high K/9 and velocity and spin rate and then pray they find a release point.

Quote Originally Posted by Stratos View Post
    Probably because teams like the Cubs go for pitchers with high K/9 and velocity and spin rate and then pray they find a release point.
    "Cubs go for pitchers with high k/9 and velocities and spin rates"??? Cubs SP probably have the lowest average velocity in all of MLB.

Matt Duffy's last 2 ABs= 2 GIDPs. Alright, Matt, we see you've got that down pat, maybe we can move onto something more productive, like striking out.

On the plus side, we now have 2 players hitting above .200, Baez and KB. Two games ago it was just KB.ok, I admit its a stretch to call that a plus.

Most of our players are hitting like pitchers. It takes talent to hit .136, especially against the Pirates and Brewers.

Maybe they should take a cue from the Pirates and learn to cut down on the swing and shoot a ball the other way once in a while.

The lack of development at the ML level is absolutely alarming. These guys do not know how to hit in this era. We lose in the preparation. The pitching staff is probably good enough to keep us in this, but they are carrying a seriously heavy load. For all the **** the team gets for the lack of homegrown pitching, the hitters lack of adjustments, are proving to be more detrimental in the long run. They can cobble a staff together that will suppress runs at a high-quality level, but the offense is the pits. Without home runs they are useless.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast