Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1119202122 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    You couldnít have said it better.

I hope we win 65 and get some better draft picks. Iím ready for a complete overhaul of upper management, the manager and roster construction. I feel bad for Cole who has to be put through this crap.

You're really getting more annoying than you normally are.
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

Quote Originally Posted by strahan92osi72 View Post
    Yankees have to be leading the league in runners not scoring from 3rd less than 2 outs. That being said, when DJ is crapping the bed in those spots, you know itís gonna be a bad year.

Yes and with so very few games left. Get a grip.
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

Quote Originally Posted by johnny ny View Post
    6 year contract for dj

And you would have replaced the AL batting champ with WHO?
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

Quote Originally Posted by johnny ny View Post
    dj should get the day off tomorrow he needs it..

Please stop your nonsense. DJ is batting .316 over the last 4 games and has an 8 game hitting streak. What part of that indicates he needs a day off? Yes, the offense has been struggling. Let's rest our best hitter. LOL
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    See? I told you all they would win today.

No need to gloat. You also said they would win 2 of the 3. You could pick them to win every day the entire season, and at the end of the year. you'll be right more than you're wrong. Just not a great accomplishment. Now if you could give us the winning NY lottery numbers, then you'd have something.
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

Quote Originally Posted by strahan92osi72 View Post
    True, but that 1 couldnít have come at a better time.

You're so right. I just can't understand why he couldn't get at least 4 hits. Just doesn't make sense.
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by YANKSGUY View Post
    And you would have replaced the AL batting champ with WHO?
    Himself. Clearly he is better.

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    I fully agree. You can deal with average defense when the offense is clearly above average but Torres is looking average at both for last season and the very early start of this one.
    The fact that he showed up last year out of shape, is alarming. It's a Sanchezian work ethic. I wonder if Gleybar bought into his own hype?

But the FO says Sanchez works very hard, Gleybar works very hard... Maybe stop protecting guys? If they don't work, let it be known. I don't like Stanton on the Yankees but his work ethic is fantastic. Same with Judge, Frazier, Hicks, Gardy, Gio, Voit...
    (I'm really glad to hear the reviews of Dominguez in that regard)

Phoba believes Gleybar can be above average. There are 30 starting SS's in the league. If Gleybar is the 14th best defensively, that makes him above average, do I think he can be that? Sure. I just don't think he will ever be a good SS. I like to see the Yankees with a SS at least, in the top 10 defensively and preferably a lights out kind of player. I will gladly take the GG quality d and the average bat over the average D and good bat.
    This is what worries me too. Considering last season was delayed and then no one knew if there even was going to be a season, I was willing to let last season slide. Some players were going hard every day acting like the season could start any day while some guys completely shut it down and rested. Weird year last year and it would all be forgiven if he came back this season and reverted back to his old form. However, it hasn't been a promising start to the year which is definitely alarming. He needs to get it together quickly or he is a guy who could lose his value quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLES3658 View Post
    This is what worries me too. Considering last season was delayed and then no one knew if there even was going to be a season, I was willing to let last season slide. Some players were going hard every day acting like the season could start any day while some guys completely shut it down and rested. Weird year last year and it would all be forgiven if he came back this season and reverted back to his old form. However, it hasn't been a promising start to the year which is definitely alarming. He needs to get it together quickly or he is a guy who could lose his value quickly.
    Last year was a bit of a concern to me. It wasn't horrible. I mean, he was a 23 year old kid who wasn't sure if he was working.

But like you said there are guys who would be training and ready and some that don't. I would like to think the anointed "Next Face of the Franchise" would have been a guy who was in the gym, eating well and doing his work. Seeing that he clearly was not that, I had hoped he'd come in raging to go. That has not been the case so far. It's extremely early but I think the scrutiny is merited at this point

Ignorance is bliss

Yes odor got a big hit but going 1 for 5 is hardly a good game though. And Monty was just bad today , no grit in that
    There was a guy that went 1 for 5 on November 1, 2001 and that was the biggest game that dude ever had in his entire life. It was actually legendary and I hate him for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    http://www.logo-designer.co/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/Real-Madrid-football-club-logo-design-branding-identity-Ruben-Ferlo.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Chapin78 View Post
    There was a guy that went 1 for 5 on November 1, 2001 and that was the biggest game that dude ever had in his entire life. It was actually legendary and I hate him for it.

Comparing odor to jeter ? Come on man

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    I fully agree. You can deal with average defense when the offense is clearly above average but Torres is looking average at both for last season and the very early start of this one.
    The fact that he showed up last year out of shape, is alarming. It's a Sanchezian work ethic. I wonder if Gleybar bought into his own hype?

But the FO says Sanchez works very hard, Gleybar works very hard... Maybe stop protecting guys? If they don't work, let it be known. I don't like Stanton on the Yankees but his work ethic is fantastic. Same with Judge, Frazier, Hicks, Gardy, Gio, Voit...
    (I'm really glad to hear the reviews of Dominguez in that regard)

Phoba believes Gleybar can be above average. There are 30 starting SS's in the league. If Gleybar is the 14th best defensively, that makes him above average, do I think he can be that? Sure. I just don't think he will ever be a good SS. I like to see the Yankees with a SS at least, in the top 10 defensively and preferably a lights out kind of player. I will gladly take the GG quality d and the average bat over the average D and good bat.
    I agree it says alot about his work ethic, if he has a huge season at SS and Judge gets hurt he would be in line to be the "face of the franchise". He does have a legitamite issue that could have been plaguing him most of the yr. His wife just gave birth to there first kid a couple months ago and their were reports the were health concerns due to covid. I could see it being pretty scary for a 1st time 23yr old father to get distracted by the health of his wife and kid.

That said both are healthy now so he won't be able to use that as an excuse.

I agree its very refreshing to hear that Dominguez choose to work even so diligently over the break. He didn't buy into his own hype and sit back to admire himself, he doubled down on getting better. IMO, that speaks very well towards his future development. Elite tools, with a huge inner drive and tremendous work ethic is usually a very good combo

Comparing odor to jeter ? Come on man
    No not Jeter! Why would any Yankee fan hate him????

Look up the date....hint a guy went 1-5 to win the World Series. Anyone in this forum hates that man. Comparing that 1-5 can be a great day at the plate if that 1 is in a timely situation.

http://www.logo-designer.co/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/Real-Madrid-football-club-logo-design-branding-identity-Ruben-Ferlo.jpg

Look up the date....hint a guy went 1-5 to win the World Series. Anyone in this forum hates that man. Comparing that 1-5 can be a great day at the plate if that 1 is in a timely situation.

I checked that date and on November 1 2001 jeter went 1 for 5 with the game winning hit .
    Maybe you got your dates wrong because there was no game in November 1 , 2001 . Game 5 ended in that date and the next game was the following day .
    Last edited by Posada20; 04-12-2021 at 05:13 PM.

He didn't watch the game. So he wouldn't know

But he is correct, it wasn't the 1rst. It was the 4th. ****ing Gonzalez

Ignorance is bliss

Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1119202122 LastLast