Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    I love Gardner as a player. I think he is still a top tier OF provided he gets 2 days off a week. If he does t, we will see him decline
    I would play him once twice a week for judge and twice for hicks

Hicks on the other hand is just annoying to watch

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by strahan92osi72 View Post
    Oh me too by far. Hicks is a 4th outfielder on a good team. He’s actually a very good 4th outfielder but that’s all. He’s not a full time player, as a full time player he’s trash. I would even try Odor at SS.
    Let's not go overboard! Odor had a big hit and a nice moment that should be celebrated. But let's not allow irrational exuberance get the best of us or cloud the reality. Odor has NEVER played SS. In addition, even at 2B he has a lifetime .983 Fld%, not exactly Ozzie.
    "Dante once said that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality,” JFK 1963.
    "Fight for the things that you care about, but do it in a way that will lead others to join you." - Ruth Bader Ginsburg
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Einstein
    “Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.”---- James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    Let's not go overboard! Odor had a big hit and a nice moment that should be celebrated. But let's not allow irrational exuberance get the best of us or cloud the reality. Odor has NEVER played SS. In addition, even at 2B he has a lifetime .983 Fld%, not exactly Ozzie.
    Fair enough. But honestly, can he really be worse than Torres?

Yes, he can. Torres actually made a couple of nice plays today and I think there's gonna be a lot more where that came from. He had a slow start but the guy is human.

Imo, much.

Torres had a costly error that still sting. In a few weeks or a month we will all have forgotten and will be singing his praises again.
    "Dante once said that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality,” JFK 1963.
    "Fight for the things that you care about, but do it in a way that will lead others to join you." - Ruth Bader Ginsburg
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Einstein
    “Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.”---- James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by Phoba Rama View Post
    Yes, he can. Torres actually made a couple of nice plays today and I think there's gonna be a lot more where that came from. He had a slow start but the guy is human.
    I’m gonna have to agree to disagree brotha. I mean he’s never been highly touted defensively and everything is an adventure with him.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoba Rama View Post
    Torres hasn't been good at SS this year but people are just being greedy. It could be much worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    I love Gardner as a player. I think he is still a top tier OF provided he gets 2 days off a week. If he does t, we will see him decline
    I would play him once twice a week for judge and twice for hicks

Hicks on the other hand is just annoying to watch
    I agree, I actually think Hicks will be much better as a part time player too. Boone should be a little more 50/50 with Gardner and Hicks and kind of ride the hot hand. Boone’s problem is he thinks Hicks is an every day player that hits 3rd. 😂

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLES3658 View Post
    Torres hasn't been good at SS this year but people are just being greedy. It could be much worse.
    Not greedy at all. Competence would be nice tho. Not saying he’s gotta be a gold glover but Yankee fans shouldn’t have their hearts in their throats every time he gets a grounder hit his way. His offense will come around I agree, but his defense? Couldn’t disagree more, he is that bad.

Just my take on Torres for whatever its worth. If they choose to leave Torres at SS the rest of the yr he'll end up being about league average defensively but certainly not good.

The part that concerns me is what the move has done to him offensively. If you look at his numbers since the moved hi full time to SS aren't great. When he was at 2nd he put up incredible numbers. If he continues not to hit while playing SS is it really worth taking a chance on damaging such a young, special talent? Torres calling card is always going to be his bat but when he was at 2nd he was atleast above average defensively IMO.

If the kid spend the first half struggling at the plate while playing SS i think they will have to make some kind of adjustment before they start affecting his future

I absolutely hope more than anything Torres proves me wrong but i don't think we'll see him play MLB AVG defense at SS and perform at the plate like he did in 18-19. I think its gotten in his head at this point and its affecting him at the plate. It would be a shame to ruin his as a player trying to shove a square peg in a round hole

Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    How is 4 runs in 5 innings not blowing up ? And I ask how is blowing a lead is being gritty ? Yeah he made it through 5 innings but that is to be expected from a starting pitcher who has been pitching the last two seasons . I expect atleast 5 innings from healthy starting pitchers .
    Four runs in five innings is not an explosion. 6+ runs is an explosion. Again, it's a bad outing but "explosion" is a hyperbole.

Not greedy at all. Competence would be nice tho. Not saying he’s gotta be a gold glover but Yankee fans shouldn’t have their hearts in their throats every time he gets a grounder hit his way. His offense will come around I agree, but his defense? Couldn’t disagree more, he is that bad.
    remember what it felt like whenever a grounder was hit arm side to Andujar @3rd base? have to hold your breathe or feel like your a roller coaster on a routine play after the 6th inning. Its pretty much the same thing with Torres right now.

I do have to say he is far more talented defensively than he's showing or getting credit for. Coming up they thought he would be atleast league avg or better at 2nd,SS and 3rd base. I think most of it is in his head right now but either way the current performance is not good

I’m gonna have to agree to disagree brotha. I mean he’s never been highly touted defensively and everything is an adventure with him.
    That's fine. No one is saying he's the next Ozzie Smith, but as I've said before he can be better than average. I believe these errors are uncharacteristic and will not continue at the current rate. Certainly your suggestion that Odor play shortstop is pretty far out there.

Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    remember what it felt like whenever a grounder was hit arm side to Andujar @3rd base? have to hold your breathe or feel like your a roller coaster on a routine play after the 6th inning. Its pretty much the same thing with Torres right now.

I do have to say he is far more talented defensively than he's showing or getting credit for. Coming up they thought he would be atleast league avg or better at 2nd,SS and 3rd base. I think most of it is in his head right now but either way the current performance is not good
    I think you hit the nail on the head explaining Torres defense in another post. He’s a solid fielder as a 2B with the potential to be well
    Above average. SS tho, his ceiling is below average and right now he’s just bad. The Yankees FO is actually doing his value an injustice by having him at SS.

Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    Just my take on Torres for whatever its worth. If they choose to leave Torres at SS the rest of the yr he'll end up being about league average defensively but certainly not good.

The part that concerns me is what the move has done to him offensively. If you look at his numbers since the moved hi full time to SS aren't great. When he was at 2nd he put up incredible numbers. If he continues not to hit while playing SS is it really worth taking a chance on damaging such a young, special talent? Torres calling card is always going to be his bat but when he was at 2nd he was atleast above average defensively IMO.

If the kid spend the first half struggling at the plate while playing SS i think they will have to make some kind of adjustment before they start affecting his future

I absolutely hope more than anything Torres proves me wrong but i don't think we'll see him play MLB AVG defense at SS and perform at the plate like he did in 18-19. I think its gotten in his head at this point and its affecting him at the plate. It would be a shame to ruin his as a player trying to shove a square peg in a round hole
    It's possible he's taking the errors to the plate but I see it as pitchers adjusting to him. Also, the ball isn't juiced anymore and his best season was 2019 when the ball was clearly juiced. He may never hit that well again and probably many players will go down as having career years in 2019.

Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast