Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by LF85 View Post
    Donít agree with Webb coming in the game here..

I like Schildt... but he certainly can "over manage" things at times. Today was one of them.

I agree with Schildt hitting Molina cleanup. Heís not who youíd want hitting there but the rest of the lineup isnít producing. Tough start for Ponce. We need Kim and Mikolas back soon.

And he leaves Ponce in..

O'neal goes on the IL and Thomas is called up. I hope they give him a shot in left and not put Edman there with Carpenter at 2nd. We need to find someone who can hit. O'neal with all his strikeouts and Carpenter with his total ineptitude are not the answers.

Jedd Gyorko is still a free agent. I'm sure its too early for the front office to freak out about things but Jedd hit .250 last year with 9 bombs so he has something left in the tank. He wouldn't change the look of the lineup too much but i would take the occasional start at 2B for him or even SS if DeJong can't figure it out.

I wonder how much longer Schildt and the front office will blame bad luck for Carpenter - and not the fact that he either walks, flies out to left, or hits into the shift because he just isn't good anymore

Probably until his salary is way under 1 million owed.

Still early in the season but the one step forward, two steps back routine is continuing from last season.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12