Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Ron DeSantis and 60 minutes

Anyone been following this story? Seems like 60 minutes intentionally ran a hit job on DeSantis and bunch of people are not happy with it.

Here’s the democratic mayor of Palm Beach

“Democratic* mayor of Palm Beach Dave Kerner, on 60 Mins DeSantis story:

"Our residents, like all Americans, are tired. And the media is making it worse. They are hellbent on dividing us for cheap views and clicks. 60 Minutes should be ashamed."

Here’s the mayor of Palm Beach

https://twitter.com/newsmax/status/1...194113541?s=20

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, they totally blew it. MSM needs to realize they are going to get caught and that it costs them more than it gains them.

Not defending him overall, but defending him in this situation. 60 Minutes edited video in a deliberate attempt to denigrate him and make him look as if he'd done things he had not done for reasons he hadn't done them.

Why does it not surprise me that not one lefty has commented here? (my saying this might generate some, but it won't be to put much effort into slamming 60 Minutes)
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

RE: Using Publix Supermarkets.

For Florida, Publix is the perfect choice. The vast majority of Floridians shop at Publix despite some less expensive competitors. In populated areas they are literally everywhere. (No idea as to less populated areas, but, when you think about it. less populated areas have less of everything.)

Publix is spotlessly clean, large and roomy, extremely helpful and community minded and I have never heard a bad word mentioned about them. You could not pick a better choice. (The wife recweived her shots at Publix as did one of my employees…in and out in minutes).

…………

Interesting side note……years back locals in one of the poorer neighborhoods in Tampa complained about not having a Publix in the community and residents had to drive to other neighborhoods. So Publix opened up a supermarket. It lasted about 3 years before they pulled out due to problems of operating in the neighborhood. Graffiti all over the place,, local "dudes" playing card games, drinking and hanging just outside the entrance, hasseling women as they came and went, constantly picking up trash, shopping carts disappearing etc. Residents started driving to other neighborhoods to do their shopping again. It's what I mean when I refer to people shooting themselves in the foot.

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    Not defending him overall, but defending him in this situation. 60 Minutes edited video in a deliberate attempt to denigrate him and make him look as if he'd done things he had not done for reasons he hadn't done them.

Why does it not surprise me that not one lefty has commented here? (my saying this might generate some, but it won't be to put much effort into slamming 60 Minutes)
    Well, I'm a lefty and if this is true (I did not see the interview) then more's the pity. This casts a pale on future editions. I don't care whether it is left or right. Twisting the news is bs. and harms us all. Maintaining your credibility especially in these times is paramount.

There is more to this than just bad reporting.

Was this done because Desantis is an emerging front runner for 2024???

If he was a nobody governor from some obscure state, would this have made the news at all???

What about reporting on Cuomo or the Newsome recall???

This entire piece stinks of voter manipulation for the dem party.,

Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    There is more to this than just bad reporting.

Was this done because Desantis is an emerging front runner for 2024???

If he was a nobody governor from some obscure state, would this have made the news at all???

What about reporting on Cuomo or the Newsome recall???

This entire piece stinks of voter manipulation for the dem party.,

So CBS is in league with the Dems? Think Coca Cola, United, Baseball and Eli Lilly are secretly funding takedown pieces on Desantis? Not very smart of them. I would love it if he was the eventual candidate.

Too bad about Cuomo though. The way all them Dems are defending him is disgraceful.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue6 View Post
    Well, I'm a lefty and if this is true (I did not see the interview) then more's the pity. This casts a pale on future editions. I don't care whether it is left or right. Twisting the news is bs. and harms us all. Maintaining your credibility especially in these times is paramount.
    Pretty much my take. It's bad for everyone when the "news" fails in this way.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue6 View Post
    So CBS is in league with the Dems? Think Coca Cola, United, Baseball and Eli Lilly are secretly funding takedown pieces on Desantis? Not very smart of them. I would love it if he was the eventual candidate.

Too bad about Cuomo though. The way all them Dems are defending him is disgraceful.
    Media companies having a clearly preferential political bias is nothing new, but social media catching them and spreading it so quickly is new.

They have to realize they are going to lose by doing so in such a blatant way.

I don't see what the big deal is, there is no law that says CBS can't lie to their audience.

Quote Originally Posted by ciaban2.0 View Post
    I don't see what the big deal is, there is no law that says CBS can't lie to their audience.
    True. The Repugnuts took care of that.

Quote Originally Posted by ciaban2.0 View Post
    Actually, I do have a question for you. When is the last time Fox News told the truth?

Lol Democrats in here are quiet on this

Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post
    Lol Democrats in here are quiet on this

CBS is liberal propganda. Desantis is a conservative politician.

What is there to talk about? You dont know the formula of the american propganda system..?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast