Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    I think that window is this year. If they don’t get it it’s not gonna happen.

Also it’s kinda funny. Kyrie only plays when no one else is really available. I honestly think he would be happier on a “kumbiya” team that loses a lot with him being a star than actually winning and fighting through adversity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I mostly agree, I could see potentially next year still being considered their window as well, it just really depends on a lot of factors. But past the summer of 2022, I don't expect much from the Nets.

Last edited by NBA all the way; 04-12-2021 at 05:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post
    I mostly agree, I could see potentially next year still being considered their window as well, it just really depends on a lot of factors. But past the summer of 2022, I don't expect much from the Nets.
    As a Rockets fan, I sure hope you’re right.

Quote Originally Posted by Saddletramp View Post
    As a Rockets fan, I sure hope you’re right.
    Kyrie can leave or quit basketball. KD can leave or retire. James can leave, pick-up his option, or re-sign. Blake is probably gone this summer, if not he may retire, even if he re-signs he isn't offering much. Aldridge is either gonna retire or leave this summer, if he stays for one more season he for sure retires after that.

Joe Harris is what he is. Dinwiddie is gone or gonna be a recovery year. Jordan is gonna be traded or ride the bench.

KD and Kyrie time and again leave winning situations, why would this be any different, ya know?

Kyrie can leave or quit basketball. KD can leave or retire. James can leave, pick-up his option, or re-sign. Blake is probably gone this summer, if not he may retire, even if he re-signs he isn't offering much. Aldridge is either gonna retire or leave this summer, if he stays for one more season he for sure retires after that.

Joe Harris is what he is. Dinwiddie is gone or gonna be a recovery year. Jordan is gonna be traded or ride the bench.

KD and Kyrie time and again leave winning situations, why would this be any different, ya know?
    The other guys don’t really matter but if Kyrie/KD/Harden are happy and winning, I’d think that they’d stick around for a few years at least. But you’re right about winning not being the only thing that matters for KD and Kyrie (and Harden, too) It’ll be interesting, for sure.

The other guys don’t really matter but if Kyrie/KD/Harden are happy and winning, I’d think that they’d stick around for a few years at least. But you’re right about winning not being the only thing that matters for KD and Kyrie (and Harden, too) It’ll be interesting, for sure.
    I just wonder if Kyrie quits basketball and/or if KD only plays a handful of games again next season, what kinda impacts that would have on the trio.

I just wonder if Kyrie quits basketball and/or if KD only plays a handful of games again next season, what kinda impacts that would have on the trio.
    If Durant keeps being in and out Kyrie flips out and retires so he can go make conspiracy theory videos on the YouTubes, I think Harden could carry Harris and Claxton and a few of those guys to where he took Houston, which would suck from a Rockets owning those Brooklyn firsts perspective. Never know.

If Durant keeps being in and out Kyrie flips out and retires so he can go make conspiracy theory videos on the YouTubes, I think Harden could carry Harris and Claxton and a few of those guys to where he took Houston, which would suck from a Rockets owning those Brooklyn firsts perspective. Never know.
    For 1 year, sure. I just wonder if he's signing up for that long term, if it's just him and Joe Harris up in Brooklyn.

Nets are one of two teams that I got as needing to be ahead of the curve some.

Nets - Kyrie Irving; I would take KD and Harden, sit them down, and tell them we want to move Kyrie and get you guys some legit talent around them who will support them.

Wolves - Karl Anthony-Towns; I would be out in front of this that something isn't working there. You traded your pick for this upcoming year. Two teams have huge war chests of picks, so I would be trying with OKC or NO, even just involved, to get some picks to send him out before he asks out.

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Nets are one of two teams that I got as needing to be ahead of the curve some.

Nets - Kyrie Irving; I would take KD and Harden, sit them down, and tell them we want to move Kyrie and get you guys some legit talent around them who will support them.

Wolves - Karl Anthony-Towns; I would be out in front of this that something isn't working there. You traded your pick for this upcoming year. Two teams have huge war chests of picks, so I would be trying with OKC or NO, even just involved, to get some picks to send him out before he asks out.
    Who would trade for him? A bottom feeder wouldn’t waste their time. A top team wouldn’t waste all that cap space. A middle of the road team might take a chance but even then, you know what you’re getting at this point and who wants to sign up for that? I just don’t see it happening.

The Heat Big 3 lasted 4 years, the KD Warriors super team lasted 3, in terms of being competitive the Boston Big 3 lasted 5 years.

There's a shelf life to super teams.
    Last edited by valade16; 04-13-2021 at 08:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    The Heat Big 3 lasted 3 years, the KD Warriors super team lasted 3, in terms of being competitive the Boston Big 3 lasted 5 years.

There's a shelf life to super teams.
    Heat were 4 years, KD Warriors was really only 2 in the playoffs. But yeah I agree with your sentiment.

I just think this Nets team is very flawed physically and mentally. If it lasts beyond summer of 2022 I'll be shocked.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567