Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

How The Jets Trade Of Darnold Affects The vGiants

It looks like it is obvious now that the first 3 picks will be QBs. I doubt that SF traded up not to take one. There are now 7 teams ahead of the Giants and 5 of them do not need QBs, Chargers, Miami, Detroit, Dallas and Cincinnatti. Would Atlanta take Lance with the 4th pick. My opinion is no as they now have the choice of the best non QB .

Would Denver take Lance at 9 - maybe.

If they did that would leave after the 4QBs were taken the following left:

Chase, Pitts, Waddle, Smith, Slater, Surtain, Parsons, Sewell, Rousseau,Paye, Vera-Tucker . I left out Farley because of his injury but he could be in the mix.

Chase, Pitts, Sewell should be long gone by the time the Giants pick. Miami and Cinn both need big time receivers for Tua and Burrow , and I think that Atlanta will go for Sewell or Pitts.

If Smith or Waddle are there at 10 , I don't see Dallas picking either . I see them with either Surtain or Parsons .

I rooted so hard for the giants to pick darnold with our #2 pick. I kind of hope he finally shows I was right all along, although it would make the Barkley pick a little bit more bitter.

The Jets were always going to pick Wilson, they would have been crazy not to.

Also, the pick has to be Jaelan Phillips.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael345g View Post
    Google pay 83$ per hour my last pay check was $8500 working 100 hours a week online. My younger brother friend has been averaging 13k for months now and he works about 24 hours a week. I cant believe how easy it was once I tried it out. This is what I do.. click at this go to tech tab for more details…>>>>> www.Nifty2.com
    What does this have to do with the Giants and the Jets trade of Darnold ?

Quote Originally Posted by Andrei00 View Post
    The Jets were always going to pick Wilson, they would have been crazy not to.

Also, the pick has to be Jaelan Phillips.
    If Slater or Parsons are there I would pick either of those first. I know that Parsons had some off field issues but with both Barkley and Spencer on the team as a player and a coach to mentor him , he has the most talent of anyone . He has the potential to be the next Khalid Mack or Von Miller .

Quote Originally Posted by Brooklyndave View Post
    If Slater or Parsons are there I would pick either of those first. I know that Parsons had some off field issues but with both Barkley and Spencer on the team as a player and a coach to mentor him , he has the most talent of anyone . He has the potential to be the next Khalid Mack or Von Miller .
    Slater I would be fine with. Parsons, meh... not so much. Even without the off-the-field issues, I don't think he's clearly better than Owusu-Koramoah or Jamin Davis as an off-ball linebacker and I wouldn't draft him to play exclusively on the edge with a top 15 pick.

Phillips is special. He's a stud pass rusher and those don't typically last until the 11th pick.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrei00 View Post
    Slater I would be fine with. Parsons, meh... not so much. Even without the off-the-field issues, I don't think he's clearly better than Owusu-Koramoah or Jamin Davis as an off-ball linebacker and I wouldn't draft him to play exclusively on the edge with a top 15 pick.

Phillips is special. He's a stud pass rusher and those don't typically last until the 11th pick.
    Dan Jeremiah, whoever he is has Phillips behind Parsons, Rousseau, Paye, and Owusu-Koramoah

Quote Originally Posted by Brooklyndave View Post
    Dan Jeremiah, whoever he is has Phillips behind Parsons, Rousseau, Paye, and Owusu-Koramoah
    Not sure what that means. Gil Brandt has him higher, Greg Cosell has him as the best edge rusher, I believe. I get that he's not everyone's consensus best pass rusher for whatever reason, which is the only reason it looks like he might make it to 11.

In any other class, or perhaps had he been a more established player rather than someone that came out of nowhere, he would be rightfully viewed as the best edge prospect in this class.

The Falcons say they are open to trading no 4 . Depending on what they want would you do it and if so who would you draft ?

If it wasn't for the previous concussions and "retirement" Phillips would be a top 10 pick. He's hands down the best pass rush talent in this draft.

The question is do you want to use pick number 11 on a guy with a major injury red flag when the team has other needs such as OL or even another receiver.

I think if Slater is there at 11 the Giants take him. I think if he's gone they will take the top rated edge defender on their board (or Parsons if he's there). I do not think they're drafting another receiver or anyone in the secondary with that pick. And if DG somehow trades down it will be the first time in his career he has ever done so in round 1.

Don't worry. He's got this.

Quote Originally Posted by GottaBelieve View Post
    If it wasn't for the previous concussions and "retirement" Phillips would be a top 10 pick. He's hands down the best pass rush talent in this draft.

The question is do you want to use pick number 11 on a guy with a major injury red flag when the team has other needs such as OL or even another receiver.

I think if Slater is there at 11 the Giants take him. I think if he's gone they will take the top rated edge defender on their board (or Parsons if he's there). I do not think they're drafting another receiver or anyone in the secondary with that pick. And if DG somehow trades down it will be the first time in his career he has ever done so in round 1.
    Honestly, he should be a top 10 pick regardless. There's obviously a high number of QBs that will go off the board, there are two solid OTs in a year in which some of the teams at the top need OL help, so he most likely will fall.

There is also the perception that he came out of nowhere. He was the number one recruit coming out of HS, and I've heard Ross Tucker describe him as the most star-like player he ever saw play in the Army All-American game. But then he fell off the radar and had to rebuild his stock. Which he did, but apparently not enough so to change some people's minds regarding the rankings they predetermined last offseason, which is why you see some people having Paye or Rousseau at the top, even though neither is a clear cut edge player, and there is even an argument for Ojulari as well, over both.

But yes, in most classes he doesn't sniff the 11th pick. He is the most refined pass rusher, and I don't think it's close, and he is a freak of an athlete. The fact that we have a legitimate shot at him is a not-to-miss opportunity.

If it's not him, then it has to be Slater. Smith or Waddle, Pitts if he is somehow available, would normally be good picks. But not when we have so much invested in the WR position already, and not when we still have a big need of an edge rusher. Parsons is good, but again, I don't think he's a better player necessarily than Owusu-Koramoah, for example, and EDGE or OL >>> ILB.

Not sure if anyone else plays around with the off mock draft simulator but it’s fun.

Did it a bunch of times for kicks and the best results I got overall all involved trading the 11 pick down to the 15-20 range and picking up more top 100 players.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't worry. He's got this.