Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    I was never that high on Darnold but he had no shot with that team. Jets are gonna throw another rookie into a ****** situation.
    Bachelors III . . . In the Inn. . . Lanas Garage 4/18/75 . . . lpswitch with Snake, Hards and Mendy . . .B.D.W.B. . . Ambition: I want Dooleys Job . . . Saturday Night Live . . . Bathroom Brawls . . . Living at Snakes . . . WHERE IS MUSKY. - John Tortorella

Teddy's PFF grades from what I could scrape together without PFF access:

2014: 75.6
    2015: 71.5
    2016: DNP
    2017: 63.8 (1 game)
    2018: 58.4 (1 game started/5 played)
    2019: cant find
    2020: 66.0

Darnold's PFF grades:

2018: 64.7
    2019: 63.6
    2020: 58.4

In short, Teddy's play in 2020 that you're complaining about is better than Darnold has ever done, even pre-Gase, with Bell and with the Panther's current top WR Roby Anderson.

Somewhat amusingly, perhaps, is that Teddy is good at protecting the ball, but bad at big scoring plays. Darnold is bad at protecting the ball, but decent at chucking it downfield. Between the two of them you could make a pretty decent QB in theory.

In reality though Teddy is good at protection because he doesn't chuck it and Darnold is bad at protection because he does. If you change either one of them, they become the other.
    Dak: 17,634 @ 66.0%, 7.7 per att, 106+24 TD, 40 INT+34 FMB, 97.3 Rate
    Wentz: 16,811 @ 62.7%, 6.7 per att, 113+8 TD, 50 INT+58 FMB, 89.2 Rate

Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    I'll eat a shoe if BB is still coaching in 5 years.
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Sticking to traditions:

IF Wentz is a Philadelphia Eagle in 2021, he will be the starter. If not, bye bye PSD, I'll leave.
    "Hater" is a term used by weak minded people in the face of legitimate criticism.
    -Scott van Pelt

Sorry MBC but itís a shame he went to Carolina unless they truly invest around him. I think heís potential that was in a bad situation. Might end up Sanchez2.0 if they donít put anything around him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And now itís almost a guarantee that Zach Wilson will be the next quarterback that the jets ruin

Quote Originally Posted by Bullseyed View Post

Darnold's PFF grades:

In short, Teddy's play in 2020 that you're complaining about is better than Darnold has ever done, even pre-Gase, with Bell and with the Panther's current top WR Roby Anderson.

Somewhat amusingly, perhaps, is that Teddy is good at protecting the ball, but bad at big scoring plays. Darnold is bad at protecting the ball, but decent at chucking it downfield. Between the two of them you could make a pretty decent QB in theory.

In reality though Teddy is good at protection because he doesn't chuck it and Darnold is bad at protection because he does. If you change either one of them, they become the other.
    Yea we heard the same thing about Teddy but its not really true and Teddy is bad at all scoring plays, not just big ones.

Teddy turned the ball over as much as any other starter and barely had and TD passes. He is a bottom of the barrel starter, Darnold can definitely be an upgrade.

Also Robbie Anderson is not our #1 WR, he is the #2. Bell has been trash since he left the steelers.

Quote Originally Posted by QQQ View Post
    And now itís almost a guarantee that Zach Wilson will be the next quarterback that the jets ruin
    It was nice knowing him.

Not surprising the Jets would make this trade. But Wilson is in for the same pain unless they actually build a team around him.

Darnold has pro bowl talent. If he isnít completely ruined already, he could be the steal of this off season.

Don't worry. He's got this.

In anticipation of the 2018 draft, I watched more film of Darnold at USC than I care to admit. I was completely unimpressed.

He fools everyone by making spectacular plays here and there but the consistency is not there and never has been. He makes terrible decisions with the ball - consistently. And he gets flustered extremely easily.

I canít write him off completely but I just donít think he got it.

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Sorry MBC but itís a shame he went to Carolina unless they truly invest around him. I think heís potential that was in a bad situation. Might end up Sanchez2.0 if they donít put anything around him.

Thinking they take Slater or Sewell (if he drops). Or Pitts.

CMC, Moore, Anderson are solid weapons.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

Great return for the Jets. A 2nd, 4th, and 6th.

Zach Wilson welcome to NYJ.

Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post
    Well I mean thatís for any team trading picks for a player.
    Yeah, but why assume best case scenario for the Panthers? Even if Darnold is just OK, which would be a big improvement from last year, I'd argue this trade was a waste.

Quote Originally Posted by Bullseyed View Post

Darnold's PFF grades:

Teddy is playing with elite weapons groups (Moore/Anderson/Samuel were one of the best WR trios, CMC is arguably the best RB in the league when he played, but Davis did a solid job filling in) and a quality OC while Darnold had the Jets roster and Gase.

PFF's grading system is too kind to Teddy based on what you're showing. Hes not anything that he's advertised to be. He's supposedly "safe with the ball, a good game manager, won't lose or win the game for you" yet he had some atrocious turnovers and dropped INTs and lost us a few games with stupid turnovers or bad game management.

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post

No need to be sorry, I don't have high expectations or anything. But we have great weapons and a growing defense. We should have a shot at a great player at #8 unless a QB we like falls to us. I just wish we would've resigned Samuel. We need to invest in the OL for sure, but Brady does a great job of calling plays to mitigate the OL problems.

Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    Yeah, but why assume best case scenario for the Panthers? Even if Darnold is just OK, which would be a big improvement from last year, I'd argue this trade was a waste.
    Honestly people don't realize how bad the Teddy bridge has burned. Our front office has allegedly been involved in every possible QB trade this offseason, including offering #8 for Stafford. Teddy showed he couldn't thrive in the present (0 for 8 in games decided by a score with an opportunity to comeback) and he was never meant to be the future. His attitude was borderline cancerous at times and he "unfollowed" all Panthers social media and several teammates when it was released that we were interested in Watson.

Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    Honestly people don't realize how bad the Teddy bridge has burned. Our front office has allegedly been involved in every possible QB trade this offseason, including offering #8 for Stafford. Teddy showed he couldn't thrive in the present (0 for 8 in games decided by a score with an opportunity to comeback) and he was never meant to be the future. His attitude was borderline cancerous at times and he "unfollowed" all Panthers social media and several teammates when it was released that we were interested in Watson.
    But I didn't talk about Teddy? I just don't think Darnold is gonna be that good.

Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    But I didn't talk about Teddy? I just don't think Darnold is gonna be that good.
    I thought you were saying "it would be a waste" meaning that the difference between Teddy and Darnold would be negligible. I was just saying that even if they're equally bad, Teddy's attitude has soured the relationship with Rhule/Brady. I was honestly surprised to see Teddy finish the year without being benched.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast