Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

What I'm Talking About

Quote Originally Posted by bklynny67 View Post
    Let's hope they do... Dafuk you talking about?
    A lot of folks think Wilson has passed Lawrence.
    I'm one of them.
    That's what I'm talking about

Quote Originally Posted by ortforshort View Post
    A lot of folks think Wilson has passed Lawrence.
    I'm one of them.
    That's what I'm talking about
    3 or 4 people, plus Wilson's family does not equal a lot of folks.

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Ryan Kallil conforming what we all knew. Gase was an arrogant, stubborn tool and screwed Sam

https://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/artic...13132_34641329

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    Ryan Kallil conforming what we all knew. Gase was an arrogant, stubborn tool and screwed Sam

https://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/artic...13132_34641329
    Makes me sick

Quote Originally Posted by Larry M View Post
    Makes me sick
    It was egregious when Rex hired Sparano as OC given how trash his offenses were in Miami... but the Gase hire after the dumpsterfire he left behind in Miami was criminal negligence by the Johnsons.

Now reports the the 49ers offered a first?

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    Now reports the the 49ers offered a first?
    Yeah, I don't believe this, unless it was Darnold and our #23 for their #12 and even then I don't know how we could have turned it down. However, it could be possible, since we tried to get Carolina to flip picks with us and give us their #8 for Darnold and the #23.

Could have also been a 2022 1st
    The rumor also said it was weeks prior and before the Jets were able to do a medical on Wilson

The rumor also said it was weeks prior and before the Jets were able to do a medical on Wilson
    If any of it is true it's still a dumb move. You have Fields still or a chance to sweeten a deal for Watson. To not take a 1st because of Wilson's medical clearance is really ****ing stupid.

First and foremost, if it was even a 2022 1st you do that in a heartbeat. Now you have 3 1st rounders in 2022. Secondly, I agree with what LVC said; you still have at the very least Justin Fields at #2 even if Wilson's medicals were not up to par.
    Eichel Tower

Quote Originally Posted by ccugrad1 View Post
    First and foremost, if it was even a 2022 1st you do that in a heartbeat. Now you have 3 1st rounders in 2022. Secondly, I agree with what LVC said; you still have at the very least Justin Fields at #2 even if Wilson's medicals were not up to par.
    This is so painful to read. Here is an article about it. https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbs...er-report/amp/

Having pick #12 this year would have been huge

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Cummings View Post
    This is so painful to read. Here is an article about it. https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbs...er-report/amp/

Having pick #12 this year would have been huge
    It was a just a rumor.
    Not actual.

If the rumor is true, this would be one of Joe D’s biggest blunders as GM. There was no way Sam was coming back next year for numerous reasons, irrespective of Zach’s shoulder. If a 1st was offered, that deal should’ve been accepted before SF finished dialing Joe’s number. And if that pick was, in fact, #12 this year, then I’d posit that could even be a fireable offense and negligent management of the team.

Quote Originally Posted by BroadwayJoe View Post
    If the rumor is true, this would be one of Joe D’s biggest blunders as GM. There was no way Sam was coming back next year for numerous reasons, irrespective of Zach’s shoulder. If a 1st was offered, that deal should’ve been accepted before SF finished dialing Joe’s number. And if that pick was, in fact, #12 this year, then I’d posit that could even be a fireable offense and negligent management of the team.
    I think there was a chance Sam came back. Rumors were that Saleh thought he would thrive in the new offense. But I agree that if that deal was offered, they were fools not to take the money and run.

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by BroadwayJoe View Post
    It's unfathomable to think that the 49ers would have offered this, so it probably never happened. The 49ers have said that they called about Darnold and were told he wasn't available. Just thinking about draft value and using the point chart, we traded Sam for a 2nd and a 4th next year which is the equivalent of a 3rd and a 5th this year plus a sixth this year. So, the market value is approximately 200 - 300 draft points for a talented but unsuccessful QB on the last year of his contract with an option year. There is no way that he nets a 1200 point pick. It might have been possible to throw picks back to get it down under 300 to get a similar value. The #23 pick is worth 760 points and the #86 pick is worth 160 points. So Darnold and our second 1st and second 3rd for SF 1st for a net draft points of (1200-760-160=) 280 points. I would probably still have down that trade, but it's not a fireable offense.

Now, if we want to get up to #12 from the Eagles, it would take #23 and #34, especially since the Eagles primary needs are WR and CB and they night need to be overpaid to more down, if at all, if Waddle or Smith is on the board.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast