Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Jets trading QB Sam Darnold to the Carolina Panthers

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/sta...61450527215620

for a 2021 sixth-round pick and second- and fourth-round picks in 2022, per sources.

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Wow. Is the 2nd conditional? Like is it a 4th for sure and if he plays enough, it becomes a 2nd?

If it's all of those picks? That's quite a deal for him

Ignorance is bliss

Lfg!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    Wow. Is the 2nd conditional? Like is it a 4th for sure and if he plays enough, it becomes a 2nd?

If it's all of those picks? That's quite a deal for him
    I didn't see anything inregards to these being conditional. It seems it's 3 picks (6th rd 2021, 2nd + 4th 2022)

Lets go!!! Glad we can finally move on from the nonsense of potentially building around Darnold.

With the 2nd pick of 2021 NFL Draft, the New York Jets select QB Zach Wilson from BYU

I think that is a pretty good deal for the Jets if it is true that there wasn't much interest in Darnold. I also am glad that all of the talk about Darnold vs. Fields/Wilson leading up to the draft can end.

Saw an interesting take: we got 3 picks, including a 2nd, for statistically the worst QB in the league.

Lotta variables that made him statistically worst, but interesting take nonetheless.

Also glad that Sam gets to reunite with Robby

Wish Sam the best -- had a tough workplace here and deserves a shot.

Carolina and the Jets had been taking for weeks. Panthers compensation kept creeping up and up and up...to where it came in today. -Schefter

Imagine Rhule turns Darnold into a beast and the *** clown johnsons refused to let Rhule hire his own people, which resulted in the Gase hiring. Would be so typical lol

Quote Originally Posted by LVC View Post
    Carolina and the Jets had been taking for weeks. Panthers compensation kept creeping up and up and up...to where it came in today. -Schefter

Imagine Rhule turns Darnold into a beast and the *** clown johnsons refused to let Rhule hire his own people, which resulted in the Gase hiring. Would be so typical lol
    I really hope he succeeds because hes a good kid, but it was just simply time to move on here for one reason or another. Glad we could salvage some legit value out of him despite him being awful with us.

Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    I really hope he succeeds because hes a good kid, but it was just simply time to move on here for one reason or another. Glad we could salvage some legit value out of him despite him being awful with us.
    I agree it was time but if they had hired Rhule, who knows, maybe things would have been different and it will be an interesting discussion if Darnold is able to turn it around in Carolina. We could be drafting Chase at #2 or trading down for a massive haul.

Jets trading QB Sam Darnold to the Carolina Panthers

I agree it was time but if they had hired Rhule, who knows, maybe things would have been different and it will be an interesting discussion if Darnold is able to turn it around in Carolina. We could be drafting Chase at #2 or trading down for a massive haul.
    If we hired Rhule and Darnold was playing better then its unlikely were picking anywhere near #2.

Wed also have to pay Darnold soon. At least now we reset the clock on a younger QB.

Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    If we hired Rhule and Darnold was playing better then its unlikely were picking anywhere near #2.

Wed also have to pay Darnold soon. At least now we reset the clock on a younger QB.
    Ah right. That's true we probably wouldn't have the #2 (panthers picking 8th) but my point was that we wouldn't need to waste a high pick on a QB.

Ah right. That's true we probably wouldn't have the #2 (panthers picking 8th) but my point was that we wouldn't need to waste a high pick on a QB.
    For sure. I dont see it as a waste though. Wilson has a higher ceiling than Darnold and will be cheaper so we can use money elsewhere, and now weve reloaded 3 more picks by trading Darnold. I think weve finally assembled a really nice coaching staff.

Things look to be pointing in the right direction.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast