Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: What do you want to do at pick 17?

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • LB/Edge Micah Parsons

11 50.00%
  • Edge Gregory Rousseau

1 4.55%
  • Edge Jaelan Phillips

2 9.09%
  • LB Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah

3 13.64%
  • G/T Rashawn Slater

4 18.18%
  • S Trevon Moehrig

3 13.64%
  • CB Jaycee Horn

1 4.55%
  • Edge Kwity Paye

1 4.55%
  • CB Caleb Farley

0 0%
  • T Teven Jenkins

4 18.18%
  • G/T Alijah Vera-Tucker

1 4.55%
  • WR Rashod Bateman

0 0%
  • G/T Samuel Cosmi

0 0%
  • T Christian Darrisaw

1 4.55%
  • CB Greg Newsome

0 0%
  • LB/Edge Zaven Collins

0 0%
  • S Jevon Holland

0 0%
  • DT Christian Barmore

4 18.18%
  • DT Daviyon Nixon

2 9.09%
  • WR Rondale Moore

0 0%
  • RB Najee Harris

0 0%
  • WR Terrace Marshall Jr

0 0%
  • DT Levi Onwuzurike

0 0%
  • Trade Up

0 0%
  • Trade Down

6 27.27%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by PHIL MAGROIN View Post
    Moehrig is okay, but Mike Mayock talked about 'understanding where league value is' and taking ''Good Football players in every round''. He also spoke about ďThe way we look at it, or at least the way I look at it, is last year we did not have a dynamic playmaker at any level,Ē Mayock said. ďAnd thatís hard, when you go in a game every Sunday and they donít have to specifically game plan for any one player.Ē

Guessing Mayock wants 'DYNAMIC' defensive players and so do I.

A guy who I believe the Raiders scouting staff see as dynamic at 17 is Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah. Especially in Gus Bradley's defense where he would play multiple positions and would be a very very good addition. Teams would have to game plan for him.

My choices would be different, but I am saying that would be the guy from the Raiders Defensive coaches point of view.
    I think we end up with a RT at 17. Then Cisco at FS in the second. Then a bunch of head scratchers in the 3rd.

Quote Originally Posted by Switch View Post
    Here's a highlight video of him getting "run" over by RBs and "waffled" by OL and TEs.

https://youtu.be/uSp0PNf4dAE

You took some bad plays and are trying to make it a narrative out of it . Nope. He was our best LB. He's turned himself into a solid LB. Let's not forget he was undrafted too. Kid worked his way up from the bottom. Another one of RMs gem finds.
    So the link you give is his highlight reel.

How many people put plays they get ran over in the ďhighlight reelĒ. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Megatron View Post

Meg, I think his point is that there are good plays as well as bad ones. If you just watch the bad ones, you miss the good and vice versa.

"...prone to stoogery.".

Quote Originally Posted by Switch View Post
    I thought Agholor was pretty dynamic. Dude almost averaged 20 yards a catch. But Mayock is right on the defensive side. JOK would give us that dynamic play
    I agree, Agholor was extremely dynamic. That first reception he had against the Saint he looked like he was on a different level. Totally exceeded what even Gruden and the staff expected no doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by PHIL MAGROIN View Post
    Moehrig is okay, but Mike Mayock talked about 'understanding where league value is' and taking ''Good Football players in every round''. He also spoke about ďThe way we look at it, or at least the way I look at it, is last year we did not have a dynamic playmaker at any level,Ē Mayock said. ďAnd thatís hard, when you go in a game every Sunday and they donít have to specifically game plan for any one player.Ē

Guessing Mayock wants 'DYNAMIC' defensive players and so do I.

A guy who I believe the Raiders scouting staff see as dynamic at 17 is Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah. Especially in Gus Bradley's defense where he would play multiple positions and would be a very very good addition. Teams would have to game plan for him.

My choices would be different, but I am saying that would be the guy from the Raiders Defensive coaches point of view.
    I like Mayock and that quote is true. We did not have one single difference maker on defense last year, and right now we still donít. Iím sure Mayock understands this, but our problem remains the same, itís the common thread. It doesnít really matter what Mayock wants, he isnít in charge. Gruden is calling the shots and we will continue to sputter as a team as long as he is permitted full authority over the roster.

Is there a link to Mayock saying all that? Anyhow, understanding league value is crucial and, Iím sorry to keep harping on this, but itís glaringly obvious Gruden canít grasp this concept. He reaches on early picks, takes devalued positions (RB, box safety that canít cover) and generally shows little understanding of how to build a team that can compete in the modern NFL.

We will trade up and draft Micah, The Raiders arent shy with what they want and they made it known once again. He could fall but I think their are trade partners that are willing to move down and it not cost all that much.

Quote Originally Posted by sicknick12 View Post
    We will trade up and draft Micah, The Raiders arent shy with what they want and they made it known once again. He could fall but I think their are trade partners that are willing to move down and it not cost all that much.
    I dont mind that. Micah is one of the few I wouldnt mind trading up for. As long as the Raiders are comfortable with his character I wouldnt mind trading up for a top 5 player in this class.

I wouldnít mind parsons. It would solve sam.

I still think ot is the route we will go. We havenít even looked at getting an ot in fa. That should tell us. We have signed a person pretty much at each position except ot

Quote Originally Posted by Megatron View Post

Probably 5í9 160lb safeties

Not gonna call myself out but ...

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Wang View Post
    I like Mayock and that quote is true. We did not have one single difference maker on defense last year, and right now we still donít. Iím sure Mayock understands this, but our problem remains the same, itís the common thread. It doesnít really matter what Mayock wants, he isnít in charge. Gruden is calling the shots and we will continue to sputter as a team as long as he is permitted full authority over the roster.
    I agree that Mayock and his staff should be left to run the draft. I believe coach Gruden is a phenomenal game planner and coach, who needs to understand he is not Ron Wolf or Al Davis in their rime selecting Hall Of Famers, but he does have a pretty good team of staff that will be able to get guys for him so he run his systems. Please lock him away until the draft is over lol

This is why I wanted to sign Villanueva in fa. It would give us a lot of freedom in the draft.

The draft has Sewell, slater(who wonít be there when we pick). Darrisaw, Jenkins and cosmi. Then there is a big drop off in talent.

I think Vera tucker, Carmen and radunz probably will end up being a guard. Leatherwood was getting dominated by everyone he faced at the senior bowl.

Little has a bunch of question marks because he got hurt and opted out this season. So if we evaluate him on his last 7 games he played, he looked solid. The strength of those seven games he played almost two years ago is why he is being drafted in the second round.

Without having a real ot on our team, it looks like Jenkins, darrisaw or cosmi is the pick.

We resigned morrow, moving muse to lb, still have faith in white.

We have about 8 guys who can play dt.

Just drafted edwards and Ruggs early last year.

Drafted amik and arnette early last year.

It looks like ot

While I agree that weíll probably end up drafting an OT. That and FS appear to be the biggest needs. But I was thinking about players I didnít want us to draft- but might end up drafting. Then today I read an article just about us trading up for him- jacee horn.

Seems like the kind of surprise pick that would make me go crazy. After all our CB draft picks, taking another with such big needs at other positions would be crazy. But if horn is there at 17, heíd definitely be a difference maker on defense. He could help our secondary go from ok to great.

Iím really going on faith here, but I think we have some good CBs. Annette for example- while he may have been a reach, is talented. He should have been a second round pick. So even at realistic draft values, we have talent. Itís my belief that better coaching and the natural learning curve of young players will help this group look much better this year. So we really donít need horn. And thereís other players Iíd rather have. But I could see us drafting him- and me convincing myself itís a great pick, haha.

Does anyone else have a pick they think we might make at 17 that they really donít want?
    Last edited by FarOutIos; 04-14-2021 at 05:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by FarOutIos View Post
    While I agree that weíll probably end up drafting an OT. That and FS appear to be the biggest needs. But I was thinking about players I didnít want us to draft- but might end up drafting. Then today I read an article just about us trading up for him- jacee horn.

Seems like the kind of surprise pick that would make me go crazy. After all our CB draft picks, taking another with such big needs at other positions would be crazy. But if horn is there at 17, heíd definitely be a difference maker on defense. He could help our secondary go from ok to great.

Iím really going on faith here, but I think we have some good CBs. Annette for example- while he may have been a reach, is talented. He should have been a second round pick. So even at realistic draft values, we have talent. Itís my belief that better coaching and the natural learning curve of young players will help this group look much better this year. So we really donít need horn. And thereís other players Iíd rather have. But I could see us drafting him- and me convincing myself itís a great pick, haha.

Does anyone else have a pick they think we might make at 17 that they really donít want?
    I am so sick of these guys making reaches and trying to make the drafted players someone they are not. It's not Arnette's fault he was drafted way before he should have been. I don't understand what Mayock is doing. I think he is better than this but he is so cowed by Gruden that he is ineffective. SICK OF IT!!!

Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast