Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: What do you want to do at pick 17?

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • LB/Edge Micah Parsons

11 50.00%
  • Edge Gregory Rousseau

1 4.55%
  • Edge Jaelan Phillips

2 9.09%
  • LB Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah

3 13.64%
  • G/T Rashawn Slater

4 18.18%
  • S Trevon Moehrig

3 13.64%
  • CB Jaycee Horn

1 4.55%
  • Edge Kwity Paye

1 4.55%
  • CB Caleb Farley

0 0%
  • T Teven Jenkins

4 18.18%
  • G/T Alijah Vera-Tucker

1 4.55%
  • WR Rashod Bateman

0 0%
  • G/T Samuel Cosmi

0 0%
  • T Christian Darrisaw

1 4.55%
  • CB Greg Newsome

0 0%
  • LB/Edge Zaven Collins

0 0%
  • S Jevon Holland

0 0%
  • DT Christian Barmore

4 18.18%
  • DT Daviyon Nixon

2 9.09%
  • WR Rondale Moore

0 0%
  • RB Najee Harris

0 0%
  • WR Terrace Marshall Jr

0 0%
  • DT Levi Onwuzurike

0 0%
  • Trade Up

0 0%
  • Trade Down

6 27.27%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by FarOutIos View Post
    Ah. I missed the 1999 draft. So I guess it did happen once. Still doubt it happens this year though. I think one of them will slip, which happens more often than not.
    I mean maybe one slips but are you do you really want the 5th best QB in the draft. Chances of him being the best of the group is very slim.

Quote Originally Posted by HunterNRoss View Post
    I mean maybe one slips but are you do you really want the 5th best QB in the draft. Chances of him being the best of the group is very slim.
    Derek Carr was the best QB in his draft class and was the 4th QB drafted. Turned out pretty well for us. I don't see another Carr is this draft class however
    Quote Originally Posted by Proximo View Post
    Carr may very well be the worst starting QB in Raiders history. Carr is like a root canal that takes 8 hrs. The Raiders have stuck with this bum going on 7 seasons! All they have to show for it is excuses. I hope Mariorta runs him out of training camp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proximo View Post
    Sounds as though Mayock is waxing the Pinto and installing fake leather seat covers and chrome hubcaps before posting it on Craigslist.

Lamar jackson was the 5th QB taken in his class. This year the QB rankings may be even more skewed, as last year canít be relied on much. So I think there will be some players taken much later than they should be in all positions.

Now... quite honestly, I only want a QB if itís the right one. So I guess my first choice is getting a LB or OT at 17. Then getting a FS like Richie grant. Maybe a player like Marvin Wilson in the 3rd. Iíd also like us to trade a third or fifth rounder for a solid starter. Maybe a CB or S.

But Iíve heard good things about lance. And fields was projected to be the 2nd pick for a while. So I feel like one of them might be a steal if they fall. And a steal at QB could do wonders for the direction of a franchise.

odds are slim, but we got Carr in the second round (4th QB taken), Patriots got Brady in the 6th (7th QB), Russel Wilson Round 3 5th QB taken, Andy Dalton round 2 5th QB taken. Good QBs can be had. There are teams out there that are just as bad at drafting as we are or worse. Sometimes a guy is missed or slides or is underrated or who comes into his own later. You never know.
    Last edited by Wolfe-Raider; 04-06-2021 at 04:27 PM.

"...prone to stoogery.".

Lamar jackson was the 5th QB taken in his class. This year the QB rankings may be even more skewed, as last year canít be relied on much. So I think there will be some players taken much later than they should be in all positions.

Now... quite honestly, I only want a QB if itís the right one. So I guess my first choice is getting a LB or OT at 17. Then getting a FS like Richie grant. Maybe a player like Marvin Wilson in the 3rd. Iíd also like us to trade a third or fifth rounder for a solid starter. Maybe a CB or S.

But Iíve heard good things about lance. And fields was projected to be the 2nd pick for a while. So I feel like one of them might be a steal if they fall. And a steal at QB could do wonders for the direction of a franchise.
    Fields is going to be the steal if he falls. The way they have this guy dropping is sad and ridiculous. None of these recent risers are better than he is.
    Last edited by Wolfe-Raider; 04-06-2021 at 04:44 PM.

"...prone to stoogery.".

Ditch Brandon Porker and Draft Teven Jenkins early & Stone Forsythe with a later round pick

Quote Originally Posted by KobeOwnSU View Post
    Part of me really wants to see what happens to the Carr bros if we pick a QB at 17.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If we go anything but s or ot. Itís should be bpa. Maybe barmore, Rousseau, surtain, Horn, parsons or Collins?

I agree with most of what youíre saying. Only thing I do t agree with is knowing what the players will be. We donít know if lance or fields will become elite QBs. But if one of those players is available, and mayock/gruden strongly feel they are a future elite QB, then they need to make that pick. They might not get a chance like that again.

More than likely though, if there is a prospect they feel that strongly about, heíll be gone by our pick. So itís a moot point.
    Donít think fields or lance will make it to us. Fields was considered the second best qb for a long time. Now heís magically dropping to probably 4th ranked qb
    Last edited by Megatron; 04-06-2021 at 05:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Switch View Post
    DJ released his 3rd mock draft and has JOK going to the Raiders again. Am I the only one who is a fan of JOK here? I think the kid will be special. Before anyone says we resigned Morrow, I don't care. Our LBs are average and nothing special
    I agree he would be better than morrow. He would be a big step up. But if I had a choice, I would rather have someone whoís got some more meat on them like parsons, Collins, Browning or Moses. I like sams to be able to stand up to anything that comes. I think jok would be a great wlb

Quote Originally Posted by PHIL MAGROIN View Post
    Ditch Brandon Porker and Draft Teven Jenkins early & Stone Forsythe with a later round pick
    I wouldnít complain about Jenkins. I like stone but he would have to be very late.

We need fs, lb, ot, cb and a backup qb(or qb of the future). Maybe an ehlinger or Costello
    Last edited by Megatron; 04-06-2021 at 05:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Switch View Post
    Derek Carr was the best QB in his draft class and was the 4th QB drafted. Turned out pretty well for us. I don't see another Carr is this draft class however
    Some think that could be trask

I keep seeing Micah being picked by the vikings and patriots in mock drafts,cmon let's not make that mistake again,we need our devin white.

Vikes need an lt baaaad, and an og. And a de. I see them getting Slater a lot in mocks.

Buuuut Zimmerman loves his d.

Quote Originally Posted by Megatron View Post
    Donít think fields or lance will make it to us. Fields was considered the second best qb for a long time. Now heís magically dropping to probably 4th ranked qb
    They shouldnít drop to us. But if Mac Jones really is SF target, I really think one might be there for us. Iíd have to consider them if they do. I do want a great LB though.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfe-Raider View Post
    odds are slim, but we got Carr in the second round (4th QB taken), Patriots got Brady in the 6th (7th QB), Russel Wilson Round 3 5th QB taken, Andy Dalton round 2 5th QB taken. Good QBs can be had. There are teams out there that are just as bad at drafting as we are or worse. Sometimes a guy is missed or slides or is underrated or who comes into his own later. You never know.
    You mean like all those teams passing on Aaron Rodgers in the 1st round including the Raiders. I was so pissed. I said back then I would have taken him at pick 1 over Smith and it wasn't even close for me and for him to still be on the board when the Raiders picked and they passed....I think I just puked in my mouth!!!!

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast