Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by EAGLES3658 View Post
    Torres really ******** the bed at SS maybe means they will go even harder after Seager or Story. Torres can play 2B well so could end up working out in the long run.
    If this season doesn't end with a Championship, they just wasted another of Cole's prime years trying to see if Torres could hack it at SS. Torres was fine at 2nd and last year (albeit a shortened season) should've been enough for anyone to see Torres is better at 2nd. Yes it's way too early this season but I hope his poor defense doesn't start affecting his offense too.

OhSoSlick is offline Formerly RCSownsU - PSDs Sexiest Fireman
    Boone on Judge:

March 29th: "he's under the weather a little"

April 5th: "just getting him off his feet while I can"

April 6th: "there is nothing specific that Aaron Judge is dealing with"

April 7th: "he's dealing with general soreness in his side"

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

Pitching wise this was a great series for our starters. Cole and Monty were dominate and Taillon looked strong for his first time on a mound in over 2yrs

The BP minus Luetage pitched well. Lasagna looks like our best reliever so far, Nelly looks really good and there were positives to take away from everyone else's outings also. Green did fine in the 10th, that run and the game was on Torres.

Overall our staff has been giving up less than 3Rs per 9IN, we've given up 3Rs in extra innings because of that stupid new 2B rule

Offense went back to looking like we did the first 3 games. I was happy to see Gary put together 3-4 good ABs, Gio and Higgy both came up huge and DJ looks like himself. The rest of the offense was pretty inconsistent tonight. We absolutely have to start doing better with RISP. We were a horrible 3-14 with RISP and left 12!! guys on base. Thats going to have to improve, alot.

Hick's looks absolutely atrocious at the plate, I don't know whats going on with him, maybe he's hurt? With the way Gardy is playing it wouldn't hurt my feeling if Gardy started in CF the next couple games.

Through the first 2 series, what most of us were concerned about, our pitching, has been our strength not our weakness. If the pitching can stay healthy, IMO that part of our team is going to be very good based on what we;ve seen so far.

The offense has been a little weak, especially for going against 2 teams that aren't supposed to have the greatest pitching

Quote Originally Posted by 808yankee View Post
    If this season doesn't end with a Championship, they just wasted another of Cole's prime years trying to see if Torres could hack it at SS. Torres was fine at 2nd and last year (albeit a shortened season) should've been enough for anyone to see Torres is better at 2nd. Yes it's way too early this season but I hope his poor defense doesn't start affecting his offense too.
    agreed and his defense affected his offense last yr, and it looks like it already is this yr. He had a great ST at the plate when the defense didn't count, now it counts, he's back to not hitting

Quote Originally Posted by OhSoSlick View Post
    Boone on Judge:

March 29th: "he's under the weather a little"

April 5th: "just getting him off his feet while I can"

April 6th: "there is nothing specific that Aaron Judge is dealing with"

April 7th: "he's dealing with general soreness in his side"

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

By April 9th , he is on the dL with a strained muscle .....

Yanks team pitching stats through 6G 46IN, 32H, 9BB, 56K's, 9ER, 11k per 9, 0.89 WHIP and a 1.76 ERA.

Thats a hell of a job through 6 games for a staff that isn't close to full strength either in the rotation or BP, especially for how many question marks we were supposed to have coming into the yr

Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    Yanks team pitching stats through 6G 46IN, 32H, 9BB, 56K's, 9ER, 11k per 9, 0.89 WHIP and a 1.76 ERA.

Thats a hell of a job through 6 games for a staff that isn't close to full strength either in the rotation or BP, especially for how many question marks we were supposed to have coming into the yr
    I think more credit goes to the bullpen since it has pitched close to half those innings . The bullpen has impressed me the most so far .
    Last edited by Posada20; 04-08-2021 at 02:41 AM.

Gleyber is really bad at short. Like really bad. i'm afraid that if Torres continues like this that the yankees will do something stupid come this offseason. From my perspective, Gleyber appears to take way too long to get rid of the ball on even routine plays. This should be an easy fix they need corrected asap.

Taillon was impressive but he doesn't have overly impressive stuff. Anyone else feel the same? Hard to believe he was drafted second overall in the first round. The pirates passed on Manny Machado, Chris Sale and Christian Yelich. Some of these drafts can really make or break an organization.

Quote Originally Posted by Webslinger View Post
    Taillon was impressive but he doesn't have overly impressive stuff. Anyone else feel the same? Hard to believe he was drafted second overall in the first round. The pirates passed on Manny Machado, Chris Sale and Christian Yelich. Some of these drafts can really make or break an organization.
    To be honest While tailon was good , I didnít find him impressive . Atleast 3 of strikeouts he got were the batters swinging at pitches well outside of the zone . I mean out of the first 9 batters he faced he threw first pitch balls to 6 of them . I said it before , if he pitches like that against a good offense like Bostonís , Torontoís or Houstonís , they will likely make him pay for falling behind in the count so often .

Quote Originally Posted by Webslinger View Post
    He doesn't have Cole type stuff, but not many do. Pre TMJ#2 he did have better stuff, his FB was 97-98 and touched 100 and his SL was harder and sharper. Overall though i thought his stuff looked fine he was 93-95 with his FB and his was spinning it well at the top of the zone. His CU and SL were in the high 80's and he controlled them very well, his CB is an absolute hammer now, it might be his best pitch.

I agree that stuff wise he doesn't jump out at you like a Cole or Sevy but Taillons stuff definitely looked good enough to be a mid rotation starter which is what he needs to be. Considering this was his first time on an MLB mound in 2yrs, I'm sure with the nerves he had to be feeling we didn't see his best stuff. This was also his first start with a new team, new league, trying to impress his best friend and not make Cole look bad for highly recommending him . He had alot of mental obstacle's he had to over come tonight.

Another thought i had is he his still working on refining his new motion, its very possible he isn't completely comfortable with it and that maybe why he looks like he's lost some velo and some shape on his breaking pitches. He could also be being tentative letting it fly considering his injury history. If he stays healthy, i think he will be very good for us this yr With as good as the Yanks have become at refining mechanics and increasing velo, I would be surprised if Taillon didn't get his better stuff back as his arm gets stronger and more comfortable/efficient with the new mechanics

He doesn't have Cole type stuff, but not many do. Pre TMJ#2 he did have better stuff, his FB was 97-98 and touched 100 and his SL was harder and sharper. Overall though i thought his stuff looked fine he was 93-95 with his FB and his was spinning it well at the top of the zone. His CU and SL were in the high 80's and he controlled them very well, his CB is an absolute hammer now, it might be his best pitch.

I agree that stuff wise he doesn't jump out at you like a Cole or Sevy but Taillons stuff definitely looked good enough to be a mid rotation starter which is what he needs to be. Considering this was his first time on an MLB mound in 2yrs, I'm sure with the nerves he had to be feeling we didn't see his best stuff. This was also his first start with a new team, new league, trying to impress his best friend and not make Cole look bad for highly recommending him . He had alot of mental obstacle's he had to over come tonight.

Another thought i had is he his still working on refining his new motion, its very possible he isn't completely comfortable with it and that maybe why he looks like he's lost some velo and some shape on his breaking pitches. He could also be being tentative letting it fly considering his injury history. If he stays healthy, i think he will be very good for us this yr With as good as the Yanks have become at refining mechanics and increasing velo, I would be surprised if Taillon didn't get his better stuff back as his arm gets stronger and more comfortable/efficient with the new mechanics
    If he has lost velo itís because he has had two tommy johns and he canít throw hard as often as he used to . If he wants long term success with health he will have to become a finesse type pitcher . That is why he has a new motion.

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    Why do we always have to have the feel good stories?

I want starting pitchers that can pitch effectively on a consistent basis. Now give me 5 more like that and we can then talk. U til then he is just a huge question mark.
    Where did he say a feel good story? Where did he say it was all sunny? He didn't. He said impressive first start for a guy who hasn't thrown in almost two years.
    He didn't say it was a great start. He said impressive first game for his first start in two years.
    If you don't agree, you are a fool. It was an impressive first game back for him. Could it have been better? Of course. But on an innings limit and dealing with the emotions that come with the moment, I would say it was impressive.
    It will take 5-6 starts to see what he will likely be. After that, feel free to whine and *****.

Ignorance is bliss

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang

I have a feeling that if he stays healthy, but the mid summer we will see more 95-97. I think he ticks up in velo as he gets comfortable with playing, his new motion and the weather gets warmer.

Ignorance is bliss

Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast