Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kobe1016 View Post
    Wonder what the core lineup will be next season IF the Bucks doesn't make it to ECF?
    They need to try and move off Lopez for sure, he's becoming a square peg in a circle hole.

Holiday is more less ROBIN to Giannis as BATMAN. Middleton is moreless TWOFACE now. Never know who you get any night with Middleton. Middleton from a while ago that never missed a shot. Or Middleton versus Kings and missed a bunch but still did other things well though. I don't mind trading Middleton to rob a clueless franchise for two other good players cost controlled and possible fringe all stars. I think this is peak Middleton.

Sounds more like 4/$135M with bonuses if he meets them. Then be 4/$160M.

Also this is a extension on top of his player option next year. So a 5 year deal.

Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post
    They need to try and move off Lopez for sure, he's becoming a square peg in a circle hole.
    Need to sign UFA Portis next summer as well. Hopefully cheap.

Also a impending new TV deal in next two years. So the cap could go way up.

Quote Originally Posted by MILLERHIGHLIFE View Post
    Also a impending new TV deal in next two years. So the cap could go way up.
    Maybe not. Dish Network already dropped all RSNs, heard YouTube TV & Hulu may soon pull the plug also. That's leaving just a few major players to foot the bill.

No TV provider wants to spend absurd money for sports anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by beasted86 View Post
    Maybe not. Dish Network already dropped all RSNs, heard YouTube TV & Hulu may soon pull the plug also. That's leaving just a few major players to foot the bill.

This is simply not true. NFL just got a huge deal. The NBA is as popular as ever. The RSN thing is a negotiating issue not a lack of interest issue. People don't watch "normal" TV en masse anymore. That being said, live sports are one of the last normal TV events that people tune in for. So when you look at share numbers and reach compared to other platforms, live sports are more valuable than ever.

Why not with less people in the stands with covid pandemic? Also sounds like Covid is coming back in some area's like Michigan and Canada ...Toronto? More at home watching tv. TV is everyone's news.

Bucks coming out of the East this year.

Quote Originally Posted by LaVar Ball View Post
    Bucks coming out of the East this year.
    They are not going to beat Brooklyn in a 7 game series.

Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    This is simply not true. NFL just got a huge deal. The NBA is as popular as ever. The RSN thing is a negotiating issue not a lack of interest issue. People don't watch "normal" TV en masse anymore. That being said, live sports are one of the last normal TV events that people tune in for. So when you look at share numbers and reach compared to other platforms, live sports are more valuable than ever.
    Quote Originally Posted by MILLERHIGHLIFE View Post
    Why not with less people in the stands with covid pandemic? Also sounds like Covid is coming back in some area's like Michigan and Canada ...Toronto? More at home watching tv. TV is everyone's news.
    I could link to a ton of articles that talk about the ratings slide the NBA is facing over the last 12 months, including very recent articles.

Like all things in life the cost of things usually go up, and I expect the new TV deal to be worth more than it was previously. But I definitely stand by the idea that anyone expecting a huge hike like 2016 or anything close is probably in for a surprise.

I could link to a ton of articles that talk about the ratings slide the NBA is facing over the last 12 months, including very recent articles.

Like all things in life the cost of things usually go up, and I expect the new TV deal to be worth more than it was previously. But I definitely stand by the idea that anyone expecting a huge hike like 2016 or anything close is probably in for a surprise.
    Ditto for the NFL. Streaming service viewership isnít reported though and thatís whatís going up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jrue Holiday signs 4 year $160mil max extension

Does anyone Randle and Holidayís play make ADís decision to quit on NO look worse?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by ewing; 04-05-2021 at 07:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Yes, the ratings are falling, but ratings are falling across the board. But generally speaking, live sports are decreasing at a much slower rate than most of the other prime time showings. With the different streaming services, particularly some without great advertising options, share of prime markets is a bigger deal than raw ratings. Network sports events are still arguably the best way to reach the alot of those target audiences.

I work in marketing. The company I'm at isn't large enough to do really any TV advertising outside of some very niche local TV type spots. But we do advertise digitally alot. With some of the privacy agreements coming down from Google and Apple and those companies that should give consumers more control of their online privacy, it may make digital targeting a little more difficult. So for large brands, it likely means large scale television is still a decent way to build awareness at that level. So if you focus on viewership share vs potential reach and all of that, live sports continues to grow its value to those companies.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast