Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast

GT#51 Most Pious Knicks (25-25) @ Brooklyn Nets (34-15): LGBTQ Grand Marshal Durant

Get well soon, DMX...

From the Switzerland of the West Indian Empire in Brooklyn, Conrads Bakery get some beef patties, blood sausages, and salt fish. Random Thoughts...

1. New World Order: Looks like Kevin Durant, Kyrie Irving, & James Harden are the new nWo. They both use black & white colors. Both have some deep off-camera issues. Both live off beating up bad teams. Both look to be living large.

2. David vs Goliath: Interesting contrast between the two business models. New York Knicks owner CEO James Dolan MSG Corp/Cablevision worth $2.5 Billion vs Brooklyn Nets Owner Joseph Tsai worth $10B. Knicks 2020-2021 payroll $95M vs Nets 2020-2021 payroll $165M. Knicks: 1 All-Star vs Nets: 3 Future Hall of Famers. Knicks GM Scott "Hinkie" Perry vs Nets GM Sean Marks. US Family owned Mom/Pop Shop vs Chinese mega Corporation. Kong vs Godzilla.

3. Who gets the Day off (?): The Nets coming off a game vs Chicago, back to back games would likely rest one if not more of their stars because they don't really see the Knicks as a threat. Meanwhile the Knicks have no games off. They're going to play every minute of every game until their legs fall off, then as Knick fans we get to call them injury prone like Porzingis.

4. Stuck in the Middle: The Knicks didn't chase after too many big name free agents. At the same time, the majority of young players outside of RJ Barrett didn't really make much of an impact. Without Julius Randle break out season, this team would be competing with the Pistons for the first overall pick. Here's the problem, the Knicks are nowhere near being considered. They're .500 and 1 loss away from falling out of contention. I don't know where the Knicks go from here. People keep posting trades and signing big names. I dunno if that happens. A lot of missed opportunities to draft wiser.

Pray for us

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Harden sat today in a loss to the Bulls but probably he AND KD will suit up against the Knicks.

Knicks have listed C Norvel Pelle (dislocated index finger) as probable for Nets game.

Quote Originally Posted by stefanmusic View Post
    Knicks have listed C Norvel Pelle (dislocated index finger) as probable for Nets game.
    Then it's in the bag!

Quote Originally Posted by stefanmusic View Post
    we got this, Pelle will block every shot.

I'm seriously hoping for a competitive game that we don't lose because of bad play, be nice to pull this out but i'm not getting my hopes up.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Pray for us

this might sound crazy but if the big 3 play that might be better for us they haven't played together in so long they might need a game or 2 to build chemistry back

Let's see if the big 3 > big 15. Randle and Reggie better back up their words.

Both teams have completely different ideologies. The Nets went all in with superstars. The Knicks have been trying to rebuild with the pieces they have. The Knicks have a much slower, difficult process but has greater potential to be a winning tradition. The Nets are in the now.

Last meeting, the Knicks hung with the Nets for almost the entire game before Harden/Irving slipped free.
    This is a barometer reading of how scrappy this Knicks team can be. I have no doubt in my mind, the Irving/Harden will play...and Kevin Durant will definitely ask to play (even though he's probably not ready).

After the Piston game a suspect expect a good effort. If Brooklyn is really clicking that could smoke us anyway. This is one where you just try to play up your abilities and hope for the best. I think if we have opportunity we could take advantage of it. Go Knicks

Oddly enough I think we win more games when the pace is faster. Ewing posted that info. So maybe if we play at slightly faster pace, play hard nosed defense and make our shots we have a chance.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Landry Shamet (right ankle) will not play on Monday vs. the Knicks.
    Blake Griffin is resting on Monday for the second leg of the back-to-back.
    James Harden (hamstring) will return to the lineup on Monday vs. the Knicks.
    Tyler Johnson (knee) will not play on Monday vs. the Knicks.
    Kevin Durant (hamstring) OUT

Quote Originally Posted by DeeJay View Post
    the sad thing is look at all the weapons that are playing.......that is one of the most stacked teams ever. Stopping Harden and Kyrie on the same night is almost impossible and improbable.

Quote Originally Posted by DeeJay View Post
    At least KD is out. I feel like Tyler Johnson has his best game of the season against us every year as well

Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast