Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1119202122 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    Joe Harris is good, I like him. LMA, no thanks. Itís harsh to say all their depth guys suck, thatís not true. But if we canít beat them minus two top 10 nba players, we are kidding ourselves
    Iím not kidding myself. We are a .500 team with below .500 talent. When at full strength the Nets might be the most talented team ever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Iím not kidding myself. We are a .500 team with below .500 talent. When at full strength the Nets might be the most talented team ever.

We arenít talking about them at full strength. Far from that. If we canít take advantage of that situation, and get a win we really need, with a double digit lead in the second half, thatís awful. Need to get that W. I know exactly what we are, that game proved it

Joe Harris is good, I like him. LMA, no thanks. Itís harsh to say all their depth guys suck, thatís not true. But if we canít beat them minus two top 10 nba players, we are kidding ourselves
    The Nets have been good all season as long as they've had one of the three in the lineup. It's not just the Knicks.

I'm not sure why Kyrie is being overlooked here. He's the worst of those three, but he'd be the best player on the Knicks and at least half the teams in the league. I don't think it's much different than going against Portland without McCollum in the lineup. Dame is just more likable and doesn't have questionable leadership, so he's viewed differently. In reality, they are similar talents.

You weren't disappointed when the Knicks lost to the Blazers...what's the difference?

Quote Originally Posted by smood999 View Post
    The Nets have been good all season as long as they've had one of the three in the lineup. It's not just the Knicks.

I'm not sure why Kyrie is being overlooked here. He's the worst of those three, but he'd be the best player on the Knicks and at least half the teams in the league. I don't think it's much different than going against Portland without McCollum in the lineup. Dame is just more likable and doesn't have questionable leadership, so he's viewed differently. In reality, they are similar talents.

You weren't disappointed when the Knicks lost to the Blazers...what's the difference?
    Portland was still an above .500 team in the west without him. Dame is better, leadership, play, whatever. And yes, Iíd like to think we could win games like that too..

Kyrie isnít being overlooked. I know how good he is. Itís more a commentary on the idea we are making a playoff push, getting a pick didnít matter, etc. We are right in the mediocre/just below mediocre range we donít want to be. Which was accomplished by riding Randle to death, leaning on vets, and ditching the youth. Which I said all along.

Bad loss. If you donít think so, I guess thereís no point going any further
    Last edited by ShadyOne; 04-06-2021 at 01:41 PM.

We arenít talking about them at full strength. Far from that. If we canít take advantage of that situation, and get a win we really need, with a double digit lead in the second half, thatís awful. Need to get that W. I know exactly what we are, that game proved it
    you're being weird

Portland was still an above .500 team in the west without him. Dame is better, leadership, play, whatever. And yes, Iíd like to think we could win games like that too..

Kyrie isnít being overlooked. I know how good he is. Itís more a commentary on the idea we are making a playoff push, getting a pick didnít matter, etc. We are right in the mediocre/just below mediocre we usually are

Bad loss. If you donít think so, I guess thereís no point going any further
    Leadership means nothing when it comes to only one game and I've argued over the years that intangibles are the only thing Lillard has over Kyrie...but I think that takes its toll over the course of a season or seasons. Even if you lean towards Lillard because of that (which I do), on the court, there's not much difference...especially for one game.

The Nets have been playing well without Durant, without Durant and Harden, and without Durant and Kyrie. It's the same thing with Portland with the injuries they've had because Dame is that good. Durant, Harden and Kyrie are all that good. They need at least one of the other players to truly compete, but they don't need them to lead a decent team in the regular season.

Regardless, it's a winnable game, but not necessarily a game they should win, which is why I can't call it a bad loss. I don't think this team is good enough where they should win against any good team unless they are missing all of their best players. Almost all of the Knicks wins this season have literally come against teams that are under .500. You can't see that and then think that they should win any game against a decent-good team.

Kyrie is also still better than Randle and we know how that can swing things at times in the NBA.
    Last edited by smood999; 04-06-2021 at 02:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by smood999 View Post
    Leadership means nothing when it comes to only one game and I've argued over the years that intangibles are the only thing Lillard has over Kyrie...but I think that takes its toll over the course of a season or seasons. Even if you lean towards Lillard because of that (which I do), on the court, there's not much difference...especially for one game.

The Nets have been playing well without Durant, without Durant and Harden, and without Durant and Kyrie. It's the same thing with Portland with the injuries they've had because Dame is that good. Durant, Harden and Kyrie are all that good. They need at least one of the other players to truly compete, but they don't need them to lead a decent team in the regular season.

Regardless, it's a winnable game, but not necessarily a game they should win, which is why I can't call it a bad loss. I don't think this team is good enough where they should win against any good team unless they are missing all of their best players. Almost all of the Knicks wins this season have literally come against teams that are under .500. You can't see that and then think that they should win any game against a decent-good team.

Kyrie is also still better than Randle and we know how that can swing things at times in the NBA.
    Agreed. I was disappointed in the lose. Iím disappointed they stopped scoring again. I think we need to be more creative on the offensive end. I also think that the Net team we just played is just as talented as us and had the best player. It would be nice to win some close games

Agreed. I was disappointed in the lose. Iím disappointed they stopped scoring again. I think we need to be more creative on the offensive end. I also think that the Net team we just played is just as talented as us and had the best player. It would be nice to win some close games

The bold is exactly it. Without 2/3 of their "big 3," they are just as good as this Knicks team, but will always have the better player on their side with one of them playing.

It would be nice to win close games, but I guess these are growing pains.

I'm not sure what i'm missing but if the Knicks secure the rebound like they should have we have a tie game and over 7 seconds to score in the front court, and now you just drive to the rim.

I think the Knicks outplayed the Nets, Knicks just don't have the players that know how to give that little extra and yes the bench guys came in and out hustled our guys, played harder and faster. This is what I don't understand, is how any Knick would have any entitlement and just stand there or not box out, or hustle to that ball and give anything it takes to secure that rebound?

We can go on about endless times we got beat to loose balls and how they got second chances, that is the makeup of the roster and not sure Thibs can change that.

Thibs can't get on the court and get that rebound, and again i'll say missing Mitch is huge and for some reason is largely overlooked with the latest losses. And yes we need a shooter (Sniper) but to always be there and not produce you just shake your head and hope that Rose can bring some players here next year but i'm starting to have doubts in that area as well.

Exactly right.
    The Knicks need to add elite talent.
    B and C tier players are not going to do anything if the goal is to contend.

The elite free agents will not sign with the Knicks as proven over and over again.
    If the Knicks are lucky a B tier free agent might sign with a huge over pay.

The only way the Knicks can add elite talent is through the draft but unfortunately fans, the owner and management have not realized this.

So i had to see this rebound again, and not likely the refs would call this (unless it was a Knick) but watch this and see Randle get pushed enough that he can't get the board, then the ball gets tipped right to Green who became unguarded in the corner and waltzed right in.

RJ should have seen that open space and went in, Bullocks didn't block him out, and Burks didn't box out the wing flying in to tip the ball to Green.

But technically that was a foul because Randle's body went forward and could not grab the rebound.

Now look at the last play, Randle with 1.9 seconds takes the fadeaway, Green took his left away, he had the path to the rim he didn't have to pull up.

You play this in slow mo you will see all that developing.

tough loss it's, we aren't there yet to make the plays or even get the calls.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPiNGtzKjA4

Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    So i had to see this rebound again, and not likely the refs would call this (unless it was a Knick) but watch this and see Randle get pushed enough that he can't get the board, then the ball gets tipped right to Green who became unguarded in the corner and waltzed right in.

RJ should have seen that open space and went in, Bullocks didn't block him out, and Burks didn't box out the wing flying in to tip the ball to Green.

But technically that was a foul because Randle's body went forward and could not grab the rebound.

Now look at the last play, Randle with 1.9 seconds takes the fadeaway, Green took his left away, he had the path to the rim he didn't have to pull up.

You play this in slow mo you will see all that developing.

tough loss it's, we aren't there yet to make the plays or even get the calls.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPiNGtzKjA4
    The Knicks had a double digit lead then proceeded to give the ball away with a bunch of turn overs.

If it's any one's fault the Knicks lost it's Thibs fault for playing guys so long that they lose their legs and turn the ball over easily...

Quote Originally Posted by SK6 View Post
    The Knicks had a double digit lead then proceeded to give the ball away with a bunch of turn overs.

If it's any one's fault the Knicks lost it's Thibs fault for playing guys so long that they lose their legs and turn the ball over easily...
    3 TO's was because of no hands Noel, how do you want handle that? Noel missed two crucial FT's, how do you want to handle that?

Yea i get it, and not arguing this fact about Thibs, but we also still could have won this game and Thibs isnt the guy that didn't get the rebound, or wasn't the guy that couldn't catch easy passes, or make Kyrie make ridiculous shots?

he's also the coach that got us a double digit lead, or does that not go to him?

I got crazy after the game as well, then you sit back and let reality kick in, he don't have the players yet, hopefully he will and IQ missing all these shots, is that on Thibs?

Someone will also have to explain to me besides Randle who played 39 min (Kyrie 37, Green 36) when is 33 and 31 a lot of minutes? That is what Bullock and RJ played, and Harris played 36 min.

the blame it on the coach is utterly ridiculous IMO........He gets no credit for getting these leads but all the blame for losing them?

But 2 late possessions RJ's defense was just down right bade, but that is on Thibs?

I think we can always look at one play or even a couple and ignore the rest of the game, and that is just silly.

Now I would have shot a three but i'm not the coach either.

one more little tid bit........yes Randle had 15 boards, you know how many offensive? yep none

our starting center had 0 offensive boards, and our SF how 0 offensive boards,

Our team had all of 5 offensive boards and the nets had 11, must do a better job in that area, and yes we miss Mitch.

Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1119202122 LastLast