Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Thread: Games at Rogers

Games at Rogers

I imagine it is a pipe dream thinking I will get to a home game in Toronto this year?

With another so called lock down and 6,000 new cases on Thursday and Friday. Looking out at 401 from Bayview Ave lockdown is a joke.

I call Ford gov't a a mockery to refer to it as a lockdown. Schools, churches, every single retail outlet are open, construction is booming. A lockdown to accomplish anything means you stay home and only go out for food, medicine, appointments or essential work. Solitary outdoor exercise maybe. What we have now province-wide will do nothing...except miss games like the Blue Jays

yep not happening

As much as we like to laugh at our neighbors down south, many states are starting to open up and many Americans fully inoculated, CDC has already relaxed travel restrictions, meanwhile we spin our wheels

Yea thats not happening.

Quote Originally Posted by hanton View Post
    yep not happening

As much as we like to laugh at our neighbors down south, many states are starting to open up and many Americans fully inoculated, CDC has already relaxed travel restrictions, meanwhile we spin our wheels
    Yup. I used to say how good we are doing. Now we’re going into lockdown while 30k people got to go watch baseball in the Bronx this weekend.

yep not happening

If only those eligible would take a vaccine or if they opened it up to people that would we could speed this up. Rough estimates, this week Ontario is sitting on 600K-1.2M vaccines for some reason, hoping certain people come to their centers to get a shot.

Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    Yup. I used to say how good we are doing. Now we’re going into lockdown while 30k people got to go watch baseball in the Bronx this weekend.
    Yup, all schools will be closed starting tomorrow in Peel Region (Mississauga, Brampton and Caledon). I seen on news last night Ontario ICU units nearing over run with 465 Covid cases.

Looks like Buffalo again this summer will be far north as Jay's get

4 week Lockdown coming tomorrow

Getting scary. New modeling is predicting between 12,000 to 18,000 new cases per day in Ontario by the end of May and from 1,000 to 1,200 and possibly as high as 1,800 cases in ICU.

Quote Originally Posted by Robbie View Post
    Getting scary. New modeling is predicting between 12,000 to 18,000 new cases per day in Ontario by the end of May and from 1,000 to 1,200 and possibly as high as 1,800 cases in ICU.
    Shouldn’t half of us at least be vaccinated by that point?

They announced a bunch of covid hot spot postal codes here in Toronto. Mine is one of them. The day after I registered for a vaccine I read on the news that vaccines for hot spots have been put on hold due to the large number of people applying for them. I also have a couple friends who got the call for a "leftover" vaccine at the end of day.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Facts can be hypothetical.

I doubt it. They are pretty slow.

NEW YORK CITY, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — On Wednesday, New York State Governor Andrew Cuomo held a briefing in New York City where he announced changes are coming for baseball fans.

As of May 19, vaccinated baseball fans will be able to have normal seating, meaning not socially distanced, as long as they still wear fans. Children under 16 will be able to accompany those who are already vaccinated.

It feels like we are 10 years behind

https://www.wivb.com/news/new-york/w...kers-on-covid/
    Last edited by hanton; 05-05-2021 at 12:24 PM.

NEW YORK CITY, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — On Wednesday, New York State Governor Andrew Cuomo held a briefing in New York City where he announced changes are coming for baseball fans.

As of May 19, vaccinated baseball fans will be able to have normal seating, meaning not socially distanced, as long as they still wear fans. Children under 16 will be able to accompany those who are already vaccinated.

It feels like we are 10 years behind

https://www.wivb.com/news/new-york/w...kers-on-covid/
    Man we don’t even know when the lockdown is over. Or when kids are going back to school. I’ve said it before and I will say it again - give us a goal! Tell us what we are waiting for and we will all make it happen. 75% of the population vaccinated? Sure! I’ll go pressure my friends into getting it ASAP.

The worst part of this entire thing is being in the dark just waiting for something to happen.