Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011
    Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    Heres the difference, Im not complaining about what other posters are posting. Im criticizing hollyweird in a thread about one of their movies.

Get it yet?
    I get it, you are not discussing the movie you are going off topic to rant about Hollywood and the culture war. That you think what youíre posting is somehow Germaine to Space Jam 2 reinforces my point: you see culture war nonsense to get worked up about in everything.

Which is why I called it out. But you and your ilk somehow think your opinions should be immune to criticism. You can criticize this movie all you want, but Heaven forbid someone have an opinion on your opinionÖ

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Rotten Tomatoes has it at 32% critics and 81% audience.

The original is at 44% critics and 63% audience.

Doesnít appear to be much worse than the original.
    Itís also the fact that it took $162 million to make this abject trash. Space Jam 1 cost $80 million (and grossed $250 million) so I guess thatís not terribly better. But at least they had Bill Murray.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are movies even rated the same way? There's been a 25 year gap and the internet makes it easier for the audience to vote on things.

Ia that 63% from the original audience (probably teens-young adults and most likely not kids) or from the online version only, a decade or so after the movie was out?

Quote Originally Posted by mrblisterdundee View Post
    Itís also the fact that it took $162 million to make this abject trash. Space Jam 1 cost $80 million (and grossed $250 million) so I guess thatís not terribly better. But at least they had Bill Murray.

Yeah, that film benefited from Murray and leaned hard into the Looney Tunes. This one just stuffed every WB character they could into a film, gave the Looney Tunes very little to work with comedically, tried to force a heartfelt plot out of father-son storyline and then expected a professional athlete to act his way out of it.

The original was hardly high art, but at least it kept things simple, it knew what it was and it was occasionally funny. I think I laughed once at the Michael B. Jordan cameo and otherwise was completely straight-faced the whole time.

Makes the list of 10 worst movies I've ever seen for sure. Don't waste your money folks.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Rotten Tomatoes has it at 32% critics and 81% audience.

The original is at 44% critics and 63% audience.

Doesnít appear to be much worse than the original.
    I don't think the original was that good either.

Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    They couldnít afford Bill this time around. To much of a legend at this point lol
    Honestly, I think he only did the first one because it had Mike, and Murry is such a big Chicago sports guy, that he couldn't say no to working with mike.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    That was the complaint from the right, that they are saying women cant be both sporty and sexy. Im just growing tired of woke culture ruining movies. They are doing it in comics too, I dont read any but if I did I would be bummed out. SJW's literally inputting their blue haired selves and all the ideology that comes with it, into the story. Everything has to meet a handful of checkboxes, agendas and diversity quotas. Its gotten so bad/political in media that even lifelong/oldschool liberals like Maher recently ripped into the cancel culture aspects. You could be making a movie about life as a farmer in ancient china and people will complain about the lack of diversity, forcing people to apologize and watching them then apologize is beyond cringe. Its steeped into gaming too but thats the least of that communities problems.

As for who does that stuff, theres actually a sizable community thats into doing weird **** like furry ****ing. But in my experience those are the ones who are fat anyways and would approve of a frumpy bunny.
    You havenít watched Invincible I take it. Best super hero comic to cartoon ever IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by mrblisterdundee View Post

See Space Jam 2 is still breaking box office records surpassing the original in terms of box office numbers domestically and worldwide

Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    See Space Jam 2 is still breaking box office records surpassing the original in terms of box office numbers domestically and worldwide
    Great timing really.

Kids movie, not that great many out there now, reopening of cinemas etc.
    Don't have the data but I would imagine most films coming out now would do better than initially projected, at least in locations where reopening is a thing.

Still sucks of course. Marketable doesn't mean good. Look at the Knicks over 20 years

Quote Originally Posted by NYKalltheway View Post
    Great timing really.

Kids movie, not that great many out there now, reopening of cinemas etc.
    Don't have the data but I would imagine most films coming out now would do better than initially projected, at least in locations where reopening is a thing.

Still sucks of course. Marketable doesn't mean good. Look at the Knicks over 20 years
    Yeah good point but I loved Space Jam A New Legacy

Is Space Jam 2 breaking box office records? I haven't seen that, they were #1 on opening weekend but after that it doesn't seem like it's a massive hit. It's Rotten Tomatoes critics score is also dropping, I think it's now at like 28%.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011