Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Powders View Post
    Are you saying you aren't in love with Andrew Cuomo?

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
    LOL nope. I think he handled COVID as well as could be expected. I don’t like the decision to force nursing homes to take COVID patients but honestly I don’t know where you would put those people if not back in nursing homes. I hear people complain about it but never suggest a better plan.
    ____

But I came in here to laugh that Newsmax found a great Matt Gaetz surrogate in Mark Halperin. Could they not find someone without their own sexual harassment issues?

It appears that Gaetz asked Trump for a pre-emptive pardon prior to Trump leaving office. One decision that Trump made that nearly everyone can agree with was to decline to issue such a pardon.

Quote Originally Posted by catman View Post
    If Gaetz is the next governor of Florida, that state is in big trouble. He is among the least effective members of congress and is a bit to radical for my tastes.
    Florida is so anti government that their County officials don't listen to the Governor. They're a county ran state. And already a disaster.

It's a useless position.

Quote Originally Posted by MRSpock View Post
    Florida is so anti government that their County officials don't listen to the Governor. They're a county ran state. And already a disaster.

It's a useless position.
    Florida is somewhat of a mystery just like the United States.

The United States was built on stolen land, has had slaves, practices colonialism, keeps minorities suppressed, did terrible with Covid, spreads wars all over thew world, is destroying the climate, is populated by capitalist slave masters, has an awful education system, has millions of homeless, rampant drug addiction, high crime rates, has huge differences in income. It's just horrible.

But everyone wants to come here. very mysterious. Absolute madness.

Same with Florida. The state is "already a disaster." yet peop[le are flocking there. Crazy stuff.

Any chance you can possibly do a Vulcan mind meld with someone who has common sense??? It might help.

Quote Originally Posted by catman View Post
    It appears that Gaetz asked Trump for a pre-emptive pardon prior to Trump leaving office. One decision that Trump made that nearly everyone can agree with was to decline to issue such a pardon.
    I think if he could give blanket pardons he would have specially for his family and himself.

Presidential pardons are, for the most part, ridiculous.

Maybe in some cases I can see it (e.g. didn't some navy seaman get jail time for taking a photo in a submarine? That seemed a bit much.) But rarely should a president (or governor for that matter) turn around a verdict made in a court of law. That's what appeals are for. And the Supreme Court.

Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    Presidential pardons are, for the most part, ridiculous.

Maybe in some cases I can see it (e.g. didn't some navy seaman get jail time for taking a photo in a submarine? That seemed a bit much.) But rarely should a president (or governor for that matter) turn around a verdict made in a court of law. That's what appeals are for. And the Supreme Court.
    I think the President should use it a LOT more.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    I think the President should use it a LOT more.
    I'm technically in the camp of you because I think the president should have a rolling pardon for any marijuana charges. Expunge all records of people in the past and any time someone new gets arrested they should get a pardon for those charges.
    Let's get embedded tweets working again!

https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...5#post33780085

Florida is somewhat of a mystery just like the United States.

The United States was built on stolen land, has had slaves, practices colonialism, keeps minorities suppressed, did terrible with Covid, spreads wars all over thew world, is destroying the climate, is populated by capitalist slave masters, has an awful education system, has millions of homeless, rampant drug addiction, high crime rates, has huge differences in income. It's just horrible.

But everyone wants to come here. very mysterious. Absolute madness.

Same with Florida. The state is "already a disaster." yet people are flocking there. Crazy stuff.

Any chance you can possibly do a Vulcan mind meld with someone who has common sense??? It might help.
    There’s a reason Florida man is a meme. The radio station up here used to do a segment about crazy headlines across the US but so many of them were from Florida the segment got changed to just crazy headlines in Florida.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    There’s a reason Florida man is a meme. The radio station up here used to do a segment about crazy headlines across the US but so many of them were from Florida the segment got changed to just crazy headlines in Florida.
    Yeah……all the looneys are here. Get real.

(Well maybe Key West)

(Well maybe Key West)
    There’s even a game, you Google “Florida Man” followed by your birthdate and it shows you a crazy headline from that day out of Florida.

(Well maybe Key West)
    Well if you're from Florida, that only helps confirm it.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Our local ESPN affiliate radio station has a weekly game they play called "Florida or Ohio" where they guess which of the 2 states was the source of the most recent dumb **** you find out there.

It's usually Florida but the Ohio's are always good.

Florida Man is a constructed meme from how Florida open government laws work. It's very easy to get all sorts of salacious details out of the government and thus the crazies that aren't as hidden as they are in other states get more press.
    Let's get embedded tweets working again!

https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...5#post33780085

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast