Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron24th View Post
    If they can sustain some kind of play like this and Dre finds some rythm we might be able to hold the fort until the two monsters come back.
    I think we might drop a few spots in the standings, but ultimately I think we'll be fine. Hopefully AD can return soon and remain healthy

Then you should look closer
    I agree that Marc is out of shape or at least not in anywhere near the best shape he can or should be in. I think he would be playing a lot better if he dropped at least 10 lbs or so. If Marc isn't happy with his role, he should play better. He will get playing time right now because AD is still out. Now is his chance to show that he belongs out there once everyone is healthy. If he can't do it, then he has no grounds to complain.
    Last edited by Big Moves03; 04-03-2021 at 10:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Moves03 View Post
    I agree that Marc is out of shape or at least not in anywhere near the best shape he can or should be in. I think he would be playing a lot better if he dropped at least 10 lbs or so. If Marc isn't happy with his role, he should play better. He will get playing time right now because AD is still out. Now is his chance to show that he belongs out there once everyone is healthy. If he can't do it, then he has no grounds to complain.
    100% agree

Yes his role will stay the same from now, so is he willing to accept it or not? 6 days left for him to make a decision.

He's 36 and far from the best shape of his life, he will not have a starting role in this league anymore, so either he does it with the defending champ or anywhere else.
    So his new role now when Dre is healthy is out of the rotation? why not incorporate him with Trez playing together off the bench? I believe he's not asking for a starting role his okay off the bench just dont put him out of the rotation period
    Last edited by showtime24; 04-04-2021 at 07:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by showtime24 View Post
    So his new role now when Dre is healthy is out of the rotation? why not incorporate him with Trez playing together off the bench? I believe he's not asking for a starting role his okay off the bench just dont put him out of the rotation period
    If Vogel said he's counting on him, he will play, or Vogel would have already discussed a buyout with rob and him since the deadline is in 5 days...

Plus the only chance for marc to play is if he's put on the court at the same time with Trez, if not he's the official 3rd stringer, Trez played his *** off since day one, marc is the 3rd best C of this team and that's a fact.

He could drop 10 lbs just from his left arm. He looked like the Michelin Man last game.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteShadow42 View Post
    He could drop 10 lbs just from his left arm. He looked like the Michelin Man last game.
    Lol

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteShadow42 View Post
    hahaha yeah, no kidding

fair enough

Quote Originally Posted by McAllen Tx View Post
    I'm not in board with buying him out just because, he can still be useful. But if he wants to be bought out that's a different story. If that's how he feels fine then, pay him the rest of this season and he can go. He'd have to leave next seasons salary on the table so it doesn't count towards our cap next season. If he isn't willing to leave next seasons salary on the table then he needs to STFU and just do whats asked/expected.
    Quote Originally Posted by LF85 View Post
    I donít get why everyone is bashing Gasol. Our Defensive efficiency has been number 1 for the majority of the season when heís playing with the other four starters. Heís a competitor. Iím glad heís pissed because maybe that lights a fire in him to perform better. I do think Drummond should have at least came in and had to show he could take the spot before we thrusted him in the starters role. Drummond didnít look that great the other night and thatís probably because he hasnít played since mid February so Iím not sure why they threw him in as the starter so soon.

I think the second unit needs to be..
    Caruso
    THT
    Kuz
    Harrell
    Gasol
    I don't think I was bashing Gasol. I never expect much from minimum salaried players because their impact is minimum. I don't bash Mathews, Morris, Gasol and our other minimum salaried players, I focus on the little they bring to the team. I've been saying for months that Gasols skills would be better for the team and him with the 2nd unit. He would have a way bigger role playmaking when he's not on the court at the same time as LBJ, AD & DS.

Gasol knew he was joining a championship or bust team, a championship is bigger then any of our role players. I would see his complaint if we brought in someone off the street like Mahinmi, Maker or even Cousins; but we didn't, we brought in a legit top 7 C in the NBA. He was averaging 17.5/13.5 before Cleveland shut him down. IMO if Gasol had a championship or bust mindset he would welcome ADII and look to where/how else he could help the team, instead of questioning his new role on the team. Gasols feelings shouldn't come in the way of going B2B.
    "My cow is dead, I don't need your bull"

I don't think I was bashing Gasol. I never expect much from minimum salaried players because their impact is minimum. I don't bash Mathews, Morris, Gasol and our other minimum salaried players, I focus on the little they bring to the team. I've been saying for months that Gasols skills would be better for the team and him with the 2nd unit. He would have a way bigger role playmaking when he's not on the court at the same time as LBJ, AD & DS.

Gasol knew he was joining a championship or bust team, a championship is bigger then any of our role players. I would see his complaint if we brought in someone off the street like Mahinmi, Maker or even Cousins; but we didn't, we brought in a legit top 7 C in the NBA. He was averaging 17.5/13.5 before Cleveland shut him down. IMO if Gasol had a championship or bust mindset he would welcome ADII and look to where/how else he could help the team, instead of questioning his new role on the team. Gasols feelings shouldn't come in the way of going B2B.
    100% agree

Totally agree

100% agree
    Quote Originally Posted by LakeShowAZ View Post
    Totally agree
    Not only that, it goes further back. I remember reading that he chose the Lakers cause we were the only team to guarantee him a 2nd year. Really? Who does that, wants a 2nd year guaranteed on a minimum salary contract? Obviously someone who doesn't have confidence in himself to even make a team next season.
    "My cow is dead, I don't need your bull"

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789