Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast
    Bad coaching prevails again. These rotations are piss poor. Enough with these Shi--tty journeyman. Thibs HAS NOT LEARNED FROM HIS MISTAKES...

Obi balls out and he gets pulled in the 2nd Q and doesn't return until the 4th. Coach has no adjustments. Dude is probably the most over-rated coach in the league. Coach of the yr......my *****$

I can already imagine Randle reverting to spin mode Randle and all we have to show for it is the 17th pick.

Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    KP's defense is still a game changer, i know we like to hate on him, but it seems like everytime RJ got into the lane he had to adjust and take a poor shot or pass it when KP was near.
    He defended Noel all game and basically hung out at the rim. We know he can still block shots. Towns also altered shots and had a couple blocks the last game.

When KP needs to actually get out and defend someone, he struggles now.

When Derrick Rose is the most competent PG on the team, it's not just a problem, it's a disaster. My single biggest issue is the Knicks are mediocre by playing vets and not developing youth. So we'll get a mid first at best, who'll come in a ride the bench just like the current youth. Knicks really blew it with this coach, not because of ability but because of style and stubbornness.

Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal View Post
    We just lost two in a row.
    I wouldn't be too concerned...Knicks are still playin defensive basketball to a tee and given their next few games they will start winning games again, y'all will see

Quote Originally Posted by smood999 View Post
    He defended Noel all game and basically hung out at the rim. We know he can still block shots. Towns also altered shots and had a couple blocks the last game.

When KP needs to actually get out and defend someone, he struggles now.
    agreed but rim protection is still very valuable. not many 7 footers can defend the perimeter well TBH. game is just too fast now.

Thibs comes in with a game plan. Thibs does not alter his game plan based on how the game is transpiring.

Quote Originally Posted by Bivory View Post
    When Derrick Rose is the most competent PG on the team, it's not just a problem, it's a disaster. My single biggest issue is the Knicks are mediocre by playing vets and not developing youth. So we'll get a mid first at best, who'll come in a ride the bench just like the current youth. Knicks really blew it with this coach, not because of ability but because of style and stubbornness.
    IQ is playing significant minutes as a rookie, and if Hali were here he'd def be playing and Rose probably wouldnt be here.

it's the FO blowing it by not going after the right guys. We should have gone balls out for Lamelo, there is no indication we did, we should have taken Hali or Cole or Lewis...just about any PG but Obi, we didn't.

now lets see if we go through yet another off season where we don't go after the right guys.

Rewatched the second and forth quarter. In the second the first unit minus Payton plus Rose we're actually getting good shots and running good possessions when they gave up the lead the bench crew had built. In the 4th it was much uglier. Quickley was just awful and killed the 2nd unit. He totally dominated the ball and wasn't getting anywhere. We went back to the first unit and it looked better for a bit but no one could make. Around the 5 min mark Rose and Randle had 3 possessions where you could tell they were frustrated and really forced. At the other end the Mavs scored every possession and opened it up.

Rewatching I think they played a little better then I thought. For a lot of the game we got pretty good looks and ran offense. Handle, Rose, and Barrett just couldn't buy one. The start of the 4th was awful and there was a stretch were guys started force latter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by ewing; 04-03-2021 at 10:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    IQ is playing significant minutes as a rookie, and if Hali were here he'd def be playing and Rose probably wouldnt be here.

it's the FO blowing it by not going after the right guys. We should have gone balls out for Lamelo, there is no indication we did, we should have taken Hali or Cole or Lewis...just about any PG but Obi, we didn't.

now lets see if we go through yet another off season where we don't go after the right guys.
    Knicks blew it by not getting a guard with the 1st pick but maybe mgt wanted coach to play guys like Frank and Harper to see what we have? Everyone knows we're not a contender so what the hel are we doing? Coach would rather play Rose and Bully. Even when Obi is having a good night, he gets pulled for a full quarter and only plays only 11min. This is the wrong coach for a rebuilding team.

If the trend over the last few months continue, this team is absolutely in trouble.

The only two teams with a winning record that they’ve beaten since the Rivers 4th quarter explosion against Utah on January 6 were Portland without McCollum and the Bucks without four starters.

The writing has been on the wall. Some of you just ignored context and refused to see it because they were in 4th.

The second half schedule is playing out exactly as expected. The only two surprises were the Bucks not playing their starters but that was canceled out by the loss to Minnesota.

After Detroit, they play Brooklyn, Boston, Memphis, Toronto, Lakers, New Orleans, Dallas, New Orleans, Charlotte, Atlanta, Toronto, Phoenix and Chicago to finish the month. That’s immediately followed by the 6 game west coast trip everyone has been pointing out since the 2nd half schedule was released.

I don’t think they will lose all of these games, but the days of playing Orlando, Cleveland and other bad teams are over. The only other team besides Detroit tonight that they’ll play the rest of the way that has no shot at the playoffs is Houston.

If they want to save the season, they have to prove that they can beat good teams.

Quote Originally Posted by Bivory View Post
    Bad coaching prevails again. These rotations are piss poor. Enough with these Shi--tty journeyman. Thibs HAS NOT LEARNED FROM HIS MISTAKES...

Obi balls out and he gets pulled in the 2nd Q and doesn't return until the 4th. Coach has no adjustments. Dude is probably the most over-rated coach in the league. Coach of the yr......my *****$
    Thibs is a great coach bro but he fails when he has to much power Leon needs to step in or I could see thibs gone by next year if we don't add anymore vets

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Rewatched the second and forth quarter. In the second the first unit minus Payton plus Rose we're actually getting good shots and running good possessions when they gave up the lead the bench crew had built. In the 4th it was much uglier. Quickley was just awful and killed the 2nd unit. He totally dominated the ball and wasn't getting anywhere. We went back to the first unit and it looked better for a bit but no one could make. Around the 5 min mark Rose and Randle had 3 possessions where you could tell they were frustrated and really forced. At the other end the Mavs scored every possession and opened it up.

Rewatching I think they played a little better then I thought. For a lot of the game we got pretty good looks and ran offense. Handle, Rose, and Barrett just couldn't buy one. The start of the 4th was awful and there was a stretch were guys started force latter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rj was hurt and shouldn't have played hopefully this doesn't lead to another big injury thibs did the same thing to mitch

Quote Originally Posted by east fb knicks View Post
    Thibs is a great coach bro but he fails when he has to much power Leon needs to step in or I could see thibs gone by next year if we don't add anymore vets
    He has a 5 yr deal. How many coaches will still be on the Knicks payroll..lol I think they're still paying D.Fish and Hornacek..lol

Knicks need a REAL OFFENSE. None of these guys are good enough to go one on one all night. Thibs is a good coach but not for his team. He's stuck in the 80's with these tight rotations.

Quote Originally Posted by smood999 View Post
    If the trend over the last few months continue, this team is absolutely in trouble.

The only two teams with a winning record that they’ve beaten since the Rivers 4th quarter explosion against Utah on January 6 were Portland without McCollum and the Bucks without four starters.

The writing has been on the wall. Some of you just ignored context and refused to see it because they were in 4th.

The second half schedule is playing out exactly as expected. The only two surprises were the Bucks not playing their starters but that was canceled out by the loss to Minnesota.

After Detroit, they play Brooklyn, Boston, Memphis, Toronto, Lakers, New Orleans, Dallas, New Orleans, Charlotte, Atlanta, Toronto, Phoenix and Chicago to finish the month. That’s immediately followed by the 6 game west coast trip everyone has been pointing out since the 2nd half schedule was released.

I don’t think they will lose all of these games, but the days of playing Orlando, Cleveland and other bad teams are over. The only other team besides Detroit tonight that they’ll play the rest of the way that has no shot at the playoffs is Houston.

If they want to save the season, they have to prove that they can beat good teams.
    Fax and I was the main one saying we were in trouble if we didn't get dipo or ball bkuz of our schedule

Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast