Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast

GT#49 Dallas Mavs (25-21) @ святой Knicks (24-24): In New York, It's Always Personal

Two seasons ago, while rehabbing from a torn ACL, RFA Kristaps Porziņģis questioned the commitment and direction of the New York Knicks under Team President Steve Mills and GM Scott Perry. At the 2019 All-Star break he was immediately traded to the Dallas Mavericks for Dennis Smith Jr, DeAndre Jordan, Wesley Matthews, & 2 future first round picks.
    Porziņģis joined Bernard King, Jeremy Lin as players who were unceremoniously given up on by the Front Office. Some say it's not personal. How can it not be? This is New York, it's always personal.

Random Thoughts:
    1. New York media Spin Doctors: NY Post was trying to spin the Porzingis trade as "Not as bad because the Knicks saved cap space to sign Julius Randle." Not exactly. A bit of history re-visionist thinking. Wesley Matthews was waived. The Cap Space was reserved for Kevin Durant and Kyrie Irving. Durant, Irving, and DeAndre Jordan split for Brooklyn; costing former Team President Steve Mills his job. After Dennis Smith Jr was sent to Detroit, the Siberia of the NBA, the Knicks will likely have the 20th pick in the 2021 lottery from Dallas and one more future draft pick.

2. Start Julius Randle at the 5 (repost): After the Knicks choked like a chump in Minnesota, it's time to acknowledge, Randle is a better point guard than Scott Perry's boy, former Orlando Magic Elfrid Payton. Randle will be too difficult for Kristaps Porziņģis to defend. Putting AARP President Taj Gibson would be playing into Kristaps Porziņģis' hands.

3. Who gets to guard, Luka Doncic: Last night, Luka nearly outscored the combined output of Kemba Walker+Marcus Smart by 2 pts. The Knicks are going to throw at him Elfrid Payton, RJ Barrett, Reggie Bullock.

4. The Other Former Knick: In an act of arrogance by Team President Steve Mills to "undo" the damage of his predecessor Phil Jackson, former Knick Draft pick Tim Hardaway Jr was given $71M/4-year deal based on his performance 30/82 games as a starter. Then GM Scott Perry brought in Hardaway's Michigan teammate, Trey Burke. Realizing his stupidity, Mills moved both Burke & Hardaway in the Kristaps Porziņģis trade. Burke & Hardaway presently play as a 6.5 men on the Dallas Mavs. He is an UFA after this season; opening up $19.7M in cap space.

5. Villain turned hero turned Villain (again): Booed on Draft Night. Watched Phil Jackson and Carmelo Anthony go at it. Played under clueless clowns, Derek Fisher & Jeff Hornacek. Blew out his knee. Embroidered in an extortion where a woman demanded $68K payments from Kristaps Porziņģis or she'd come out with rape allegations. The case was dismissed. Told by a new Front Office that he hasn't earned a new contract until he shows how well he has rehabbed from his surgery. Traded, reputation smeared by the NY media and booed on his return. And yet, Kristaps Porziņģis was quoted as saying, "Yeah I still miss this place..."

And that's New York. We treat each other badly...equally. Yet the addiction to hatred creates some strange nostalgia.

Dallas has been playing a little more defense since the All-Star Break. Knicks should come motivated after an embarrassing loss to Minnesota. Knicks' success against Dallas (beating them twice last season) should translate to a Knicks win, right?

Let the chips fall where they may.

Luka is going to destroy Payton 100pts new msg record.

Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk

Porzingis comes to town

This has potential to be the most disheartening loss of the year or one of the most feel good wins. We either stick it to Porzingis, hold serve in the playoff hunt with a bad Detroit up next or we go on a 3 game losing streak and start talking play-in again.

I don't feel good about this one, but this team seems to have surprised us everytime it started to feel dark and gloomy on their season. I believe we had a 4 game losing streak earlier in the season and it seemed like everything was about to fall apart and we beat the Celtics by 25. Julius vs KP is going to be fun that is for sure.

after that Minny game it's hard to get excited about this, we will see another dose of Payton and it's not going to be pretty.

not going to lie that Minny game still hurts, you can't let the sure things like that with an 18 pt lead just slip away, not in a shortened season for 72 games.

Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    after that Minny game it's hard to get excited about this, we will see another dose of Payton and it's not going to be pretty.

not going to lie that Minny game still hurts, you can't let the sure things like that with an 18 pt lead just slip away, not in a shortened season for 72 games.
    Agreed. I will give them credit they seem to have bounced back from most of those bad losses and have not yet a mini losing streak derail their season yet. This game really is huge for a lot of reasons. I keep telling myself at least we have the play-in pretty much locked up but it would hurt so bad to lose it there after one game so I think we want to avoid 9-10 at all costs.

I feel like we might get blown out. That Minny loss felt like a season ruiner.

Frank needs to play and put him on Luka

RJ better be guarding Luka.

Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal View Post
    Agreed. I will give them credit they seem to have bounced back from most of those bad losses and have not yet a mini losing streak derail their season yet. This game really is huge for a lot of reasons. I keep telling myself at least we have the play-in pretty much locked up but it would hurt so bad to lose it there after one game so I think we want to avoid 9-10 at all costs.
    i actually have thought a lot about the play in, and since it's 7-10 it really could be bad not good, one and done is not playoff experience, it's basically adding one more game to an already shortened season.

You lose that first game it's nothing to me but one more game and less ping pong balls.

the second part is to be in 4th and then play a G-league squad of bucks where their reg's all played the very next game, and almost lose the game, then lose to Minny the very next game to a very bad team who didn't even play well and have a 18 point lead is rather diminishing.

Miami appears back on track, I see LeVert actually playing back to his old form soon, Boston got better and all are back, Atlanta is on a tear, Charl is still 2 games above .500 even without Ball playing well, so we could wind up playing the Bulls and who knows how that one game goes, then we play the loser of one of the others mentioned above and that is just to get in if we beat the Bulls.

Let me add though if we hit the bubble and win the first game that is a better scenario at least it will have more of a playoff feel to it.

Guess i'm just soured by the last two games and even Randle is playing like last year, could be the leg contusion but it hasn't been preety.

Quote Originally Posted by Hustla23 View Post
    RJ better be guarding Luka.
    you been watching our coach? It will be Bullock then burk, thats who will be guarding him, and actually I don't want RJ on him, RJ has a fault and that is close out on three point shots, it wouldn't be pretty with Doncic TBH

Not Fred durst why bofl

Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    you been watching our coach? It will be Bullock then burk, thats who will be guarding him, and actually I don't want RJ on him, RJ has a fault and that is close out on three point shots, it wouldn't be pretty with Doncic TBH
    frank is the luka stopper he better start

Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast