Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    Why foul with 6 seconds left on the shot clock. This was bad

Yep this team cannot beat good teams.

For those thinking White will some how become a legitimate starter, I doubt it. His hands are too small, his IQ limited, his defense atrocious, his handles one of the worse Iíve ever seen, canít consistently finish inside and too sporadic outside. Going to be a huge hill for him to climb to overcome that.

Quote Originally Posted by dabears34ft View Post
    Our lineup better be Sato/Lavine/Pat/Thad/Vuc to close after this TO
    This should 100% be our fourth quarter lineups most nights, with Theis getting some minutes. Made NO sense to keep Coby and Lauri in, that ending was hard to watch.

One of the best ways to project talent is consistency. Wendell NEVER had it and likely never will. Heíd give you and 18 point game, then go weeks struggling. Lauri and Coby are the same.

Quote Originally Posted by infinity2152 View Post
    This should 100% be our fourth quarter lineups most nights, with Theis getting some minutes. Made NO sense to keep Coby and Lauri in, that ending was hard to watch.
    BD needs to figure it out. Lauri and Coby canít be out there for so long. They are a liability. Itís so damn easy to see. I know you have to rest the starters but as coach its your job to figure out a way to get them rest but not play Coby/Lauri too much.

I just donít get why Billy D couldnít see this. Maybe Sato and Thad were on dead legs in a b2b. Thatís the only thing I could think of. But **** play Theis and Vuc. Not Lauri!!!

Canít wait to not see Lauri on this team. I saw this guy on a few possessions in the 4th with trae young on him and he runs to the 3 point line he just doesnít want it.

AK still has a big garpax mess to clean up.

I'm excited about this team, the best potential I've seen from a bulls team since the dynasty era, but there is obviously some problems they still have.

I feel the same way about Lauri and Coby that others do. I don't want to see them late in games unless they are really producing for some reason. Just too many mistakes and downsides they bring to each possession. I'll be glad when they are gone.

The biggest problem the bulls have is their defense doesn't get stops. At least not consistently. They have moments, but generally not against good teams. There have been so many games this year where the bulls should have been up by 20+ pts, but its a close game. Teams can just hang with the bulls because they can get so many open and uncontested shots. The bulls are great offensively, at least most of the time. The offense is good enough. Just about everyone on this team can score. But, it doesn't always matter when the other team can do the same with a sub-par offense.

Before the new acquisitions I would have said defense, rebounding and hustle plays is where the bulls were getting beat. But, it's mostly defense now. They just don't get consistant stops when they need them and when the bulls offense is on fire, good teams can just hang with them. Then as soon as the bulls can't score, the game gets away from them.

I'm optimistic about the future though. There is alot to like about this bulls team. But, they still need to move a few pieces to get there.

Would have been nice if the ball moved in the 4th quarter. the ball basically stuck between Lavine and Vuc. I understand that these are our best two players but they at least try to let others be involved. Tired of seeing us play good ball against bad team and then hero ball against good teams.

This should have been a W if we actually played team ball.

I wonder what our record would be if we held on to 4th quarter leads.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ChI_ShIzzLe View Post
    I wonder what our record would be if we held on to 4th quarter leads.

4th seed at least

Quote Originally Posted by ChicagoJ View Post
    I'm excited about this team, the best potential I've seen from a bulls team since the dynasty era, but there is obviously some problems they still have.

I feel the same way about Lauri and Coby that others do. I don't want to see them late in games unless they are really producing for some reason. Just too many mistakes and downsides they bring to each possession. I'll be glad when they are gone.

The biggest problem the bulls have is their defense doesn't get stops. At least not consistently. They have moments, but generally not against good teams. There have been so many games this year where the bulls should have been up by 20+ pts, but its a close game. Teams can just hang with the bulls because they can get so many open and uncontested shots. The bulls are great offensively, at least most of the time. The offense is good enough. Just about everyone on this team can score. But, it doesn't always matter when the other team can do the same with a sub-par offense.

Before the new acquisitions I would have said defense, rebounding and hustle plays is where the bulls were getting beat. But, it's mostly defense now. They just don't get consistant stops when they need them and when the bulls offense is on fire, good teams can just hang with them. Then as soon as the bulls can't score, the game gets away from them.

I'm optimistic about the future though. There is alot to like about this bulls team. But, they still need to move a few pieces to get there.
    I'm completely with you on the inability to get stops. What's worse, is two of their "core" guys a least in terms of draft status, are complete liabilities defensively (Coby/Lauri). Not only that, their offensive games are very limited and they're more opportunistic than anything, as opposed to generating their own offense consistently. Basically, piss poor defense combined with mediocre offense and you amount to a bad player.

So there's that, but it's compounded by turnovers. And man, every which kind of turnover imaginable, this team commits em. Game in, game out, the most obnoxious, ugly, completely amateur turnovers without any emphasis on protecting the basketball. Truly mind boggling, quite honestly. Which brings me to my next point...IF the Bulls manage to get in the playoffs. They're going to get crushed. In the playoffs, the game slows down slightly, the defensive intensity goes up a notch, and they haven't shown they could handle that defensive pressure. That said, at least getting to the playoffs would be chalked up as a win for this season. Still a very realistic goal.

Edit: Also, this team definitely does not have more potential than the D Rose Bulls squads. I'm not sure if you forgot about them lol but they had the most potential since the dynasty era.
    Last edited by KG2TB; 04-11-2021 at 01:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by KG2TB View Post

Edit: Also, this team definitely does not have more potential than the D Rose Bulls squads. I'm not sure if you forgot about them lol but they had the most potential since the dynasty era.
    I was considering the D rose teams. I thought those teams were good, but I think we saw the ceiling of what they could do. I liked those teams alot, but we weren't going to win a championship with the D rose bulls, I don't think. And while they were great at defense, not enough jumping into passing lanes and getting turnovers.

Those teams didn't have a players like Zack or Vucevic. So many games are won/lost in the last 5 mins, and the bulls just didn't have the offensive guys to score in crunch time under heavy defense in the playoffs. That's how the Heat mostly beat the bulls. In the last few mins Wade and Lebron were going to score and lock down on defense. Boozer and Rose weren't. I mean, we will see what happens with this team, all this is just my opinion. But where the bulls sit right now, I think the potential is higher than that team was. There is still more to do though so we will see.

Feels like thad always has a few dumbass unforced turnovers every game

Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast