Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1018192021 LastLast
    This forum sounds like fans are just fed up with the rebuilding and losing and hoping yet another sub-20yr old can one day become a great player, and I totally get that. Thatís why if weíre lucky to get into the top 4 in the lottery, Iím looking to trade that pick immediately and bringing in a bonafide difference maker. AKís post-deadline press conf. certainly gave the impression that he also is not interested in rebuilding.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

People acting like I said bail on an allstar or something. If the guy sux next year then its logical to start thinking of ways to improve and if that means replacing him, then so be.

Williams has wasted a ton of minutes this year. Way too many stretches of nothingness.

In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    Quote Originally Posted by KG2TB View Post
    Don't think anyone is saying to bail on him, but I wouldn't call him a 3 and D wing right now. At best, he's an average defender.
    There are not many 3 and D guys who are elite level defenders either though. In fact I am not sure if I could name one today that isn't considered a superstar. Most of the time Average is seen as exceptional for a guy who can also shoot the ball at near 40%.

And as far as anyone saying it. There seems to be at least one.... Mainly who i was aiming it at.

In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    Quote Originally Posted by dyst View Post
    People acting like I said bail on an allstar or something. If the guy sux next year then its logical to start thinking of ways to improve and if that means replacing him, then so be.
    Your suggesting bailing on on this FO first pick after a year ..... A year in which he is quite literally the 2nd youngest player in the NBA. Its not gonna happen.

And this talk of him Sucking..... Has he been great.. Nope.... But honestly if you expected him to be a 15 ppg 3 as a rok again as the 2nd youngest player in the nba it would seem your expectations are the problem not the player himself.

And as far as replace him.... Replace him with what exactly? We have seen how damn near impossible it is to find a capable wing in the nba.

Quote Originally Posted by ChI_ShIzzLe View Post
    This forum sounds like fans are just fed up with the rebuilding and losing and hoping yet another sub-20yr old can one day become a great player, and I totally get that. Thatís why if weíre lucky to get into the top 4 in the lottery, Iím looking to trade that pick immediately and bringing in a bonafide difference maker. AKís post-deadline press conf. certainly gave the impression that he also is not interested in rebuilding.

I swear you guys do not even own your pick anymore because of the trade and on mock drafts it doesn't even have you guys picking until like 2nd round unless you guys make another trade

Theis was a major steal for us. It's like he was a throw in from Boston or something (I think they needed to trim salary). People talk a lot about how good Gafford has been for Washington but I think Theis has been better for us, it just hasn't translated into winning.

Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    I swear you guys do not even own your pick anymore because of the trade and on mock drafts it doesn't even have you guys picking until like 2nd round unless you guys make another trade
    Dude, itís been mentioned here multiple times since the trade that the picks we traded are top 4 protected.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamba42 View Post
    Theis was a major steal for us. It's like he was a throw in from Boston or something (I think they needed to trim salary). People talk a lot about how good Gafford has been for Washington but I think Theis has been better for us, it just hasn't translated into winning.
    Totally. I love smart players like him who give effort. Wish he was locked up longer at this discount.

Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    top 4 protected like the 5th time someone has told you this in here. Takes two seconds to google it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyben36 View Post
    There are not many 3 and D guys who are elite level defenders either though. In fact I am not sure if I could name one today that isn't considered a superstar. Most of the time Average is seen as exceptional for a guy who can also shoot the ball at near 40%.

And as far as anyone saying it. There seems to be at least one.... Mainly who i was aiming it at.
    I'm too lazy to even think of guys who are labeled 3 and D, but it's highly debatable that Williams is even an average defender at this juncture. Although, I haven't watched a game in about a month or so, so maybe he improved.

Also, I don't think even one person said bail on him now...but the expectation is a significant/noticeable improvement in his 2nd year, and I think that's more than fair. It's not like he's been riding pine this season. He's played a ton of minutes for a 19 year old rookie. If there isn't at least an improvement, I believe the criteria was 10 PPG or less, then yeah...that would be concerning. Not sure I'd bail on him at that point, but I would sure be listening to offers.

P will has been given a really tough job this season. Heís played his best at the 4 but when all your best players outside of Zach are 4s and 5s itís hard to put him there when he can also play the 3.

As he continues to develop he might become a true wing but this team needs to get smaller next season. Iíd feel much better with a vooch, P will, Thad/theis depending on whoíd be cheaper and either have Marko or a vet big for minimum. Improve pg and wing depth canít run 3 big lineups in todayís nba and expect to win.

Quote Originally Posted by Rndy View Post
    P will has been given a really tough job this season. Heís played his best at the 4 but when all your best players outside of Zach are 4s and 5s itís hard to put him there when he can also play the 3.

As he continues to develop he might become a true wing but this team needs to get smaller next season. Iíd feel much better with a vooch, P will, Thad/theis depending on whoíd be cheaper and either have Marko or a vet big for minimum. Improve pg and wing depth canít run 3 big lineups in todayís nba and expect to win.
    I'd like to keep Theis but I just don't see how they could afford that luxury, especially playing behind Vuc.

Pwill

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1018192021 LastLast