Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Rndy View Post
    Bail on what? A then 20 year old on a rookie contract? Jesus...
    Yes, Iíd bail on an unproductive player if they do not improve. Iím not sure what age or contract have to do with finding guys who actually help you win. Itís his rookie year so lots of slack has been given but he canít replicate this next year. He needs to improve dramatically.

Looks like weíre gonna be back to praying for lottery balls in a couple months with the way the Wizards are playing. Russ is on another level right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not saying he's the next Kawhi or Butler but those guys didn't break out right away either. Would be really dumb to just give up on Williams after 2 seasons.

April 2021 Game Thread

Quote Originally Posted by WhyCantWeWin View Post
    I'm not saying he's the next Kawhi or Butler but those guys didn't break out right away either. Would be really dumb to just give up on Williams after 2 seasons.
    Itís a good thing fans arenít GMs Iíll say that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know fans get extremely defensive when you talk negative about their players but if you want to win, you donít let emotion sway you.

I know some people think it is unimaginable that he could regress but weíve seen it happen before on this very team.

Carter, Lauri and Coby all took a downward trajectory after their rookie year. There is absolutely nothing wrong with saying you want to see more from Williams in his second year.

Fans tend to over-rate their own players more often then not so Iím not surprised. People didnít want to give up Coby for Westbrook because Westbrook isnít a winner. Meanwhile, his triple doubles are likely to help the Wizards land into the playoffs, while we wait for Coby to blossom into something he likely wonít.

People didnít want to unload a bunch of our young ďtalentĒ for Harden because apparently Harden and Zach both require the ball and neither play defense meanwhile, Nets are in first place with an oft injured roster, and 3 ball dominate players who also donít play defense.

Williams can absolutely turn into a monster and maybe it does take it several years to realize it but you also have to see marked improvement from him next year.

Valentine makes my top 3 list of least favorite Bulls players of all time

Quote Originally Posted by ILMindState View Post
    Valentine makes my top 3 list of least favorite Bulls players of all time
    Not even close for me. Tyrus Thomas, just because we passed on LA for him. Jason Williams, because he couldn't stay off his ****ing motorcycle. Felicio, because why did we give him that handout. Chandler and Curry because we all saw how that worked out when they were here. Most of all though, it's gotta be Teague. I hated that pick instantly.

Teague is absolutely up there in recent memory.

Quote Originally Posted by dyst View Post
    I know fans get extremely defensive when you talk negative about their players but if you want to win, you donít let emotion sway you.

I know some people think it is unimaginable that he could regress but weíve seen it happen before on this very team.

Carter, Lauri and Coby all took a downward trajectory after their rookie year. There is absolutely nothing wrong with saying you want to see more from Williams in his second year.

Fans tend to over-rate their own players more often then not so Iím not surprised. People didnít want to give up Coby for Westbrook because Westbrook isnít a winner. Meanwhile, his triple doubles are likely to help the Wizards land into the playoffs, while we wait for Coby to blossom into something he likely wonít.

People didnít want to unload a bunch of our young ďtalentĒ for Harden because apparently Harden and Zach both require the ball and neither play defense meanwhile, Nets are in first place with an oft injured roster, and 3 ball dominate players who also donít play defense.

Williams can absolutely turn into a monster and maybe it does take it several years to realize it but you also have to see marked improvement from him next year.
    Don't think anyone here is emotionally attached to Williams, it is rational to expect Williams to improve his sophomore year. But you don't just "bail" on a 20 year old kid with promise. Some players take a little longer to blossom, this mindset that everyone has to be a star from the beginning or is a bust is foolish.

And personally I don't want Westbrook because he hasn't won **** playing with legit hall of fame players for a huge portion of his career. All he does is pad his stats on some crap teams. Washington wouldn't be winning without Beal, Westbrook is not carrying that team.

In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    Bulls fans since trading Jimmy Butler- "we need a 3 and D wing"

Bulls draft Williams who literally can do that now with upside- "Bail on him after the season."

‎"If your going to be thinking anyway, you might as well think big"

-Rem Koolhaas

Quote Originally Posted by Kyben36 View Post
    Bulls fans since trading Jimmy Butler- "we need a 3 and D wing"

Bulls draft Williams who literally can do that now with upside- "Bail on him after the season."
    Don't think anyone is saying to bail on him, but I wouldn't call him a 3 and D wing right now. At best, he's an average defender.

Quote Originally Posted by dyst View Post

This whole thing is ridiculous and you're whole recent comments on Williams are too. PWill was overdrafted according to basically every mock and expert. His whole profile was raw but huge potential. He wasn't even starting in college. To give up on a guy like that after year 1 or 2, when he's 19, is idiotic and defeats the entire idea of drafting his potential.

What is he going to regress to if he's already not good lol.

Look at Jaylen Brown's numbers his first few years. I'm sure you'd have wanted to give up on him after year 1-2-3.

Fans definitely overrate their own players. Starting the season I thought Coby had some potential. I obviously didn't watch almost any games last year or I would have known he's garbage as anything more than a bench guy....still garbage, Coby sucks.

Westbrooks numbers have never ment anything. Congrats on getting to the playoffs with prolific numbers and losing first round. I'd love Westbrook in theory, but he will never adjust his playing style to win more than playoff spot and loss. He will be 33 next year and do the same thing. The best Westbrook you will ever see is when he signs discount deals when this one expires and he actually has to fit into a winning structure.

People didn't want to unload talent for Harden because there was nothing here to make you think they'd be better than Houston was with him, and you'd have to sell everything you had anyway. Nets had Durant, Kyrie, and solid pieces below that.

Edit.... I need to rant further on Westbrook

This is a PG in year 13!!! Still averaging 5 ****ing turnovers a game. This is a 13 year vet who has never improved his 3pt% but still has the idiocy to shoot 4 per game (wow less than before) at 30%. A 13 year vet who has let his FT% sink to the 70-60s range the last 4 years. Everyone has known his flaws his entire career. He's known them and publically acknowledged them. Doesn't matter, Russ will do what he does and nothing will change that as he says. That's why he's a loser. Everytime he's had a chance to win, he doubles down on losing because he likes dem stats.
    Last edited by ds637; 04-26-2021 at 07:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dabears34ft View Post
    Not even close for me. Tyrus Thomas, just because we passed on LA for him. Jason Williams, because he couldn't stay off his ****ing motorcycle. Felicio, because why did we give him that handout. Chandler and Curry because we all saw how that worked out when they were here. Most of all though, it's gotta be Teague. I hated that pick instantly.
    I canít blame Tyrus or Felicio because Paxson is a dumbass. Teague is a good one. My top 3 are Starks, Payne, and Valentine

Quote Originally Posted by ILMindState View Post
    I canít blame Tyrus or Felicio because Paxson is a dumbass. Teague is a good one. My top 3 are Starks, Payne, and Valentine
    The Felicio money is just a front. Pax saw half it on the backend.

Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 LastLast