Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast
    ...and not even close loses that you could be proud of. The team sucks, Pat Williams is too timid, BD has been a disappointment and judging by this forum at least, seems the fans gave up a couple weeks ago.

I don't think its about the new players sucking, pw sucking, or Donovan sucking.

Its a rebuild and the team already has two bonafide all stars. Its about squeezing out any influence Boylen has had over the past few years.
    Next season i expect a big jump forward.

I give BD a pass for this season.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by blams; 04-22-2021 at 09:28 AM.

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

The frustrating thing is losses to bad teams. Losing to Orlando after they blew everything up, losing to the Timberwolves who had the worst record in the league, losing to the Cavaliers multiple times, the Hawks when they were missing a lot of guys, etc. Not to mention just giving up huge 4th quarter leads to lose games to good teams.

I'd just like to see some progress and beating the teams you are supposed to beat. The only potential positive is if Chicago can keep dropping and get into the top 4 picks.

Yeah thatís why I gave up on this season. At least in the 1st half we were winning games we were supposed to, and losing games Vs teams that were better then us in close excruciating fashion. Now we just suck and itís not even fun to watch. Just about every player on this team has regressed since the break. We have zero heart.

Quote Originally Posted by dabears34ft View Post
    Yeah thatís why I gave up on this season. At least in the 1st half we were winning games we were supposed to, and losing games Vs teams that were better then us in close excruciating fashion. Now we just suck and itís not even fun to watch. Just about every player on this team has regressed since the break. We have zero heart.
    They definitely lack that "dig deep" and "intelligence" gene. That's a recipe for a **** team as we've seen. Most of their main "core" guys in LaVine, Vuc, Lauri, Coby, are all weak defenders. Not only physically, but mentally and knowing where to be. P. Will has a long way to go too. He has he tools, but right now, if you label him an average defender, you're probably being generous. That's 5 of your main guys who are sub-par defensively. Lauri and Coby have to go. Replace their offense with defense, smart play, grit, and hustle, and they'll be better off for it. Ideally, you get some offense sprinkled on top too.

Money aside, wish we could have traded Coby and Lauri for Westbrook. He likely would not have made a difference but he is the type of aggressive mentality that we need.

Westbrook would be such a puke move. Just his contact alone makes it a hard pass without even going into his impact/lack of impact towards winning.

Quote Originally Posted by KG2TB View Post
    Westbrook would be such a puke move. Just his contact alone makes it a hard pass without even going into his impact/lack of impact towards winning.
    Meanwhile, Wizards about to make the playoffs with the last spot over us. Yes Iíd definitely take him over Coby and Lauri.

Quote Originally Posted by KG2TB View Post
    Not that i want Russ, but someone who only has 2 seasons under his belt of not being above .500 on the season definitely has an impact on winning...... If we want to talk impact of winning, why don't you bring that up with Zach?

Quote Originally Posted by ChitownbullsBG7 View Post
    Not that i want Russ, but someone who only has 2 seasons under his belt of not being above .500 on the season definitely has an impact on winning...... If we want to talk impact of winning, why don't you bring that up with Zach?
    It's a fair point with Zach but Westbrook has obviously played with way more talent than LaVine. Durant and Harden are all-time great players. I do think it's fair to critique LaVine, though and there's some validity there, but really the roster he's had since he's been on the Bulls has been severely flawed and talent deficient. He's obviously not a LeBron who could make pretty much any team respectable. The good thing is you see improvement from him every year. Defensively, play making, shot selection. I'd like to see him keep improving defensively and taking better care of the basketball, especially in late game situations.

I know he is currently dealing with a heel injury, but its been like this all year, Patrick Williams with 4 points 🤦

Chemistry and familiarity mean a lot in real basketball. It's why the US team doesn't always just blow away Olympic teams, even though we have FAR more talent. This is the first year for at least half the team playing with each other, plus a new coach. Growing up, used to play against twins all the time at the court near my house. It was almost impossible to beat their teams, they played crazy good together, way better than either individually. No excuses, but manage expectation. We have few defensive players, expect that to change next year, and expect their chemistry to be much better. We JUST got a real second scorer.

Honestly, how well could ANY of them know this system? Or each other? They're basically a bunch of strangers, most of whom have only played together a few months, or even less with the injuries and Vucevic addition. Hope they have a great summer bonding together and getting to know each other.
    Last edited by infinity2152; 04-25-2021 at 06:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by infinity2152 View Post
    Chemistry and familiarity mean a lot in real basketball. It's why the US team doesn't always just blow away Olympic teams, even though we have FAR more talent. This is the first year for at least half the team playing with each other, plus a new coach. Growing up, used to play against twins all the time at the court near my house. It was almost impossible to beat their teams, they played crazy good together, way better than either individually. No excuses, but manage expectation. We have few defensive players, expect that to change next year, and expect their chemistry to be much better. We JUST got a real second scorer.

Honestly, how well could ANY of them know this system? Or each other? They're basically a bunch of strangers, most of whom have only played together a few months, or even less with the injuries and Vucevic addition. Hope they have a great summer bonding together and getting to know each other.
    A lot of truth here but I feel if you evaluate in this direction, it deflects a lot of the blame away from players and coaching - Both of which are valid critiques. BD hasn't been without blame this season, and the main "core" guys have all had major disappointments. Obviously, LaVine has been carrying them, but even still, he's had some major blunders in key situations. A lot of which has to do is the lack of help he's had to work with. For this roster to function, BD has to be sharper, Williams has to play like the #4 overall pick, and Lauri/Coby have to play consistently and at least be present defensively. I think Lauri/Coby need to both go, but Williams is obviously here to stay and he needs to come back next season ready to contribute like a cornerstone. I don't expect a finished product, but I do need to see a major jump for him to feel about him.

If Williams averages under 10 points next year and continues to look timid, I look to bail instead of wasting years. The longer a guy is described as having ďpotentialĒ, it raises red flags for me.

Quote Originally Posted by dyst View Post
    If Williams averages under 10 points next year and continues to look timid, I look to bail instead of wasting years. The longer a guy is described as having ďpotentialĒ, it raises red flags for me.
    Bail on what? A then 20 year old on a rookie contract? Jesus...

Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast