Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    Knicks have more talent than their given credit for. Randle is having a ridiculous season and Barrett's made a nice leap in his 2nd season. They have plenty of good role players that fit well around those guys too and a couple high end rim protectors.

No shame in losing to them.

If we're being honest, this roster has a long way to go in getting the right players around LaVine and Vucevic. Williams might be good and he's going to be given every chance to prove it due to his draft slot, but just about everyone else is an unknown.
    I think Theis and Brown jr are safe too but outside of that i have to agree. This team needs to find as many defensive players as possible to cover for Zach and Vuc's terrible defense.

Quote Originally Posted by ChitownbullsBG7 View Post
    I think Theis and Brown jr are safe too but outside of that i have to agree. This team needs to find as many defensive players as possible to cover for Zach and Vuc's terrible defense.
    I want Schroder at PG. I know people in here don't like him being that he doesn't shoot the 3 at a high %, but I think he actually complements Zach well.

One of our biggest issues late in games is Zach trying to do too much, and not really in a smart way. Yesterday's Lakers win, you saw exactly what we need from a late game PG in Schroder. He shot like **** most of the game, but when they needed bucket after bucket, he was playing under control, driving to the hoop with his speed and quickness, and taking easy layups and finding wide open outlets for 3's. He is also a long pesky defender.

He might not be a 1st or 2nd scoring option, but with Lavine and Vuc putting up nearly 50 PPG combined, we don't need him to be a 1st or 2nd option. He's a pretty good 3rd wheel in a good offense. He's a good enough shooter to keep teams honest too. He's also in the early stages of his prime, so we'd be putting a Prime Schroder, with a prime Lavine, and a peaking but late prime Vuc.

One thing I point to with Schroder and the Lakers, was when AD and Schroder went down, but Lebron was still playing, the Lakers looked terrible. The second Schroder returned, they started winning again prior to Lebron going down. Even with no Lebron or AD, Schroder has kept them decently competitive.

As for his shooting, we don't necessarily need our PG to be an elite shooter, if we have shooters surrounding him. Lavine and Vuc give us plenty of deep shooting, and Pat should develop that part of his game.

While Ball is the better passer then Schroder, Ball doesn't give you that true 3rd scoring option IMO. He doesn't have the ability to create his own offense at the basket consistently like Schroder. If Ball isn't getting open looks, and hitting 3's consistently, he will struggle to score. With Schroder, when his shot isn't falling, he buckles down and gets to the hoop, and he's pretty good at it.

In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    I honestly feel like we need defensive players at the 1 3 and 4 to make this team work the way its constructed. Lavine and Vuc are not bad defensively but u typically need to have 1 defensive big and at least 1 defensive wing if not multiple.

For me.... I feel like Pat williams at least fills one hole and hopefully as he matures it gets better. So what we really need is a to find a defensive 4. And a PG as well.

Lonzo Ball would be my target this offsesson. No he will never be that 3rd scorer but that additional 3 or 4 assist per games means 6-10 easy points for others. Plus he is at least a capable defender unlike a guy like Coby. And yet i see people talking about schroder who isn't exactly a good defensive guy himself. I would gladly offer Mark who just cant fit with Vuc IMO.

Then you have the issue of the 4. And I know its not ideal..... But if there was a way to get Green on this team I would seriously consider it. His lesdership would be huge for this team on D. Jerimi Grant would also be a good option. Even Harrell would be interesting. My honest favorite is trading into the draft though for Garuba.

But honestly its not like we are in an awful position. U can use Coby White ... Brown Jr.... Thad/Sato to get outselves that 4 man we need.

But I will say I do not love the way we are using Mark right now. We need to raise his value and it feels like everything we used to run with him Vuc has taken.

Schroder on the Bulls I can actually see it

Quote Originally Posted by Kyben36 View Post
    I honestly feel like we need defensive players at the 1 3 and 4 to make this team work the way its constructed. Lavine and Vuc are not bad defensively but u typically need to have 1 defensive big and at least 1 defensive wing if not multiple.

For me.... I feel like Pat williams at least fills one hole and hopefully as he matures it gets better. So what we really need is a to find a defensive 4. And a PG as well.

Lonzo Ball would be my target this offsesson. No he will never be that 3rd scorer but that additional 3 or 4 assist per games means 6-10 easy points for others. Plus he is at least a capable defender unlike a guy like Coby. And yet i see people talking about schroder who isn't exactly a good defensive guy himself. I would gladly offer Mark who just cant fit with Vuc IMO.

Then you have the issue of the 4. And I know its not ideal..... But if there was a way to get Green on this team I would seriously consider it. His lesdership would be huge for this team on D. Jerimi Grant would also be a good option. Even Harrell would be interesting. My honest favorite is trading into the draft though for Garuba.

But honestly its not like we are in an awful position. U can use Coby White ... Brown Jr.... Thad/Sato to get outselves that 4 man we need.

But I will say I do not love the way we are using Mark right now. We need to raise his value and it feels like everything we used to run with him Vuc has taken.
    Zach and Vuc are both bad defenders.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyben36 View Post

Ive always thought schroder was a good on ball defender. At least in the last couple years I think heís better on ball defender than Ball. Iíd consider ball a better all around defender because of his help defense but donít let Atlanta schroder fool you that guy can defend now.

Yay for the win. I didnít watch the game but its nice to have a big who doesnít get dominated by Thristan Thompson.

If youíre missing what talent looks like...

https://youtu.be/5lxxPc3K1nI

Quote Originally Posted by dyst View Post
    If youíre missing what talent looks like...

https://youtu.be/5lxxPc3K1nI
    Had so much fun watching that team. He was unreal before injury. I miss Noahís energy he brought

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by urlachermess View Post
    Had so much fun watching that team. He was unreal before injury. I miss Noahís energy he brought.
    Yes, he was on another level athleticism-wise. So when pre-draft guys were saying Coby was fast, I was like 🤔

If you put Lonzo Ball with this Bulls team, I think y'all defensively at least become a much better team. Plus Lonzo his basketball IQ is much higher than Schroder's in terms of not just passing but on ball defending as well. Offensively Lonzo has made strides year after year slowly but he is getting better. Put him on this team and I think Lonzo becomes an All Star next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    If you put Lonzo Ball with this Bulls team, I think y'all defensively at least become a much better team. Plus Lonzo his basketball IQ is much higher than Schroder's in terms of not just passing but on ball defending as well. Offensively Lonzo has made strides year after year slowly but he is getting better. Put him on this team and I think Lonzo becomes an All Star next year.
    Lonzo probably makes the team better defensively, but how much does Ball really move the needle? He a good passer, good defender, good three point shooter. He's not necessarily great at any of those things, but above average/very good is probably closer to the mark.

Think about it like this: Add Lonzo to the current Bulls roster and are the Bulls actual contenders in the East? I think the answer is they're a better team, but they're not really a legit contender, barring a MASSIVE (and I mean massive) leap with Williams in year two. Don't get me wrong, I'd like to add Ball to this roster, but I really don't want to overpay for him either.

5-10 since the trade and a handful of those losses were to crap teams

Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast