Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 7 of 62 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast
    Now we are bringing in Matzek (a lefty) to go against a righty. Matzek is good but it’s not a sensible decision

I’ll say it again: Alex Jackson is horrible lol

Quote Originally Posted by Mamba42 View Post
    I’ll say it again: Alex Jackson is horrible lol
    Ynoa's best starts have been with him behind the plate for whatever reason. His bad Cubs start was with d'Arnaud.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrench View Post
    Ynoa's best starts have been with him behind the plate for whatever reason. His bad Cubs start was with d'Arnaud.
    That is true, but I imagine he an d’Arnaud could get it figured out. Jackson just brings next to nothing offensively.

Also, Drew Smyly with another poor start today. I liked the signing initially, but imagine if we’d decided to spend his $11M on the bullpen...

Quote Originally Posted by Mamba42 View Post
    That is true, but I imagine he an d’Arnaud could get it figured out. Jackson just brings next to nothing offensively.

Also, Drew Smyly with another poor start today. I liked the signing initially, but imagine if we’d decided to spend his $11M on the bullpen...
    Mark Melancon, Adam Duvall and Darren O'day.

Two games, 7 innings each, one total hit. Madbum has been terrible so far yet just threw a no hitter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2021 Vikings Draft:
    1: Christian Darrisaw OT Virginia Tech
    3: Kellen Mond QB Texas A&M
    3: Chazz Surratt LB North Carolina
    3: Wyatt Davis G Ohio State
    3: Patrick Jones III DE Pittsburgh
    4: Kene Nwangwu RB Iowa State
    4: Camryn Bynum S California
    4: Janarius Robinson DE Florida State
    5: Ihmir Smith-Marsette WR Iowa
    5: Zach Davidson TE Central Missouri St.
    6: Jaylen Twyman DT Pittsburgh

Hated the Smyly signing when we did it, hate it more now. Bats will eventually heat up, but awful SP is a problem. But don't worry, we have held on to once great prospects that are worthless MLB players and have signed 1 yr contracts that absolutely suck at SP

Quote Originally Posted by beldugo View Post
    Mark Melancon, Adam Duvall and Darren O'day.
    Those would be huge difference makers for us. We could go with Duvall in RF and Acuna in CF until Pache returns and even do that with Pache there if he doesn’t hit.

Quote Originally Posted by vtgriff09 View Post
    Hated the Smyly signing when we did it, hate it more now. Bats will eventually heat up, but awful SP is a problem. But don't worry, we have held on to once great prospects that are worthless MLB players and have signed 1 yr contracts that absolutely suck at SP
    When we signed him I thought he was going to be used in the bullpen, until I heard the contract was for 11M, at that point I was sure he was signed to be a starter. Last year, he was really good for 26 IP, but was used as a reliever and starter, lasting 5+IP just twice, maybe AA tried to look smart by signing him but has backfired so far. I would say, throw him in the bullpen, but I don't see what his role will be since we already have a lefty heavy pen.

Smyly has an absolute abysmal HR/FB at 23.1% and even though that doesn't look sustainable, which means he will get better, in 2019 he pitched 114 innings and posted a 21.5% so it's not a sure thing that he gets better.
    Last edited by beldugo; 04-26-2021 at 09:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by beldugo View Post
    When we signed him I thought he was going to be used in the bullpen, until I heard the contract was for 11M, at that point I was sure he was signed to be a starter. Last year, he was really good for 26 IP, but was used as a reliever and starter, lasting 5+IP just twice, maybe AA tried to look smart by signing him but has backfired so far. I would say, throw him in the bullpen, but I don't see what his role will be since we already have a lefty heavy pen.

Smyly has an absolute abysmal HR/FB at 23.1% and even though that doesn't look sustainable, which means he will get better, in 2019 he pitched 114 innings and posted a 21.5% so it's not a sure thing that he gets better.
    Even at the time of the signing I was shocked that a guy got $11 million for what essentially was just 26 good innings in 2020. He had been terrible in 2019 and was not even in MLB in 2017 and 2018. I don't know who AA was bidding against.

I think he just wanted depth for the starters. But he could have gone a lot of different directions for depth and kept the bullpen strong. We also kind of stunted Wright and Wilson I think too. With Soroka coming back at some point, they really don't need Smyly.

Let's just hope they can figure something out here. The team is not clicking right now.

where were these bats yesterday?

already more hits in the 1st inning than there was in both games yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by PackerBum9786 View Post
    where were these bats yesterday?

already more hits in the 1st inning than there was in both games yesterday.
    We end up winning, but the game was closer than it needed. The bullpen issue is the same everyday, Snitker is pitching Matzek and Minter in tough scenarios almost everyday, is not like he has any other option though, in the 7th he brings in Matzek to face 3 straight righties, is not like Matzek and Minter are bad relievers even though they have bad numbers so far, the thing is, they are being put in tough spots because there aren't any options.

I’m no hitting coach but a few weeks ago I believe it was espn pointed out that Ozuna has been lifting his front foot higher when he swings compared to last year. He seems to still be doing that. Might be why he’s struggling so much. He still doesn’t have a hit against a lefty after crushing them last year.

2021 Vikings Draft:
    1: Christian Darrisaw OT Virginia Tech
    3: Kellen Mond QB Texas A&M
    3: Chazz Surratt LB North Carolina
    3: Wyatt Davis G Ohio State
    3: Patrick Jones III DE Pittsburgh
    4: Kene Nwangwu RB Iowa State
    4: Camryn Bynum S California
    4: Janarius Robinson DE Florida State
    5: Ihmir Smith-Marsette WR Iowa
    5: Zach Davidson TE Central Missouri St.
    6: Jaylen Twyman DT Pittsburgh

Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    I’m no hitting coach but a few weeks ago I believe it was espn pointed out that Ozuna has been lifting his front foot higher when he swings compared to last year. He seems to still be doing that. Might be why he’s struggling so much. He still doesn’t have a hit against a lefty after crushing them last year.

that could be, time for a Chipper session lol

good win tonight. I hope the offense starts heating up. its really bad when no one in your 2-6 is hitting over .220.

Page 7 of 62 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast