Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 58 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast
    Snit going back to last years lineup. Acuna, Freeman, Ozuna, d'Arnaud, Ozzie, and Swanson.
    2021 Vikings Draft:
    1: Christian Darrisaw OT Virginia Tech
    3: Kellen Mond QB Texas A&M
    3: Chazz Surratt LB North Carolina
    3: Wyatt Davis G Ohio State
    3: Patrick Jones III DE Pittsburgh
    4: Kene Nwangwu RB Iowa State
    4: Camryn Bynum S California
    4: Janarius Robinson DE Florida State
    5: Ihmir Smith-Marsette WR Iowa
    5: Zach Davidson TE Central Missouri St.
    6: Jaylen Twyman DT Pittsburgh

Lineup changes for tonight game:

Acuña RF
    Freeman 1B
    Ozuna LF
    d'Arnaud C
    Albies 2B
    Swanson SS
    Adrianza 3B
    Pache CF
    Fried P

Thank god, I was expecting that move, I think the offense will perform better. I'm open with trying Adrianza for a couple of games, he has a really good swing and Riley doesn't look good offensively.

Quote Originally Posted by beldugo View Post
    Lineup changes for tonight game:

Acuña RF
    Freeman 1B
    Ozuna LF
    d'Arnaud C
    Albies 2B
    Swanson SS
    Adrianza 3B
    Pache CF
    Fried P

Thank god, I was expecting that move, I think the offense will perform better. I'm open with trying Adrianza for a couple of games, he has a really good swing and Riley doesn't look good offensively.
    He looks a player without an identity. It's like he's been trying so hard to cut down on strike outs but now he's not showing any power.
    2021 Vikings Draft:

the pitching is so weird right now

Fried's line tonight

4.0 IP
    9 Hits
    8 R
    7 ER
    2 BB
    3 SO
    2 HR

Adam Duvall is killing us

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2021 Vikings Draft:

Fried is day to day with a harmstring injury and Pache was put on the IL with a groing injury. In Fried's case it might be a phantom injury, to work in his mechanics or mental approach and skip a start or two, the more worriesome part is Pache's, AA did not expected him to be this bad, same as Riley, so the options are thin. If the strategy is to play Ender most days, then we are in trouble, sure, Ender is probably and upgrade (over Pache) offensively, but still is a terrible idea to go with a guy who didn't even made the playoff roster last year.

Guillermo Heredia is the other OF in the 40 man roster and that's a guy with no track record of good offensive performance or a good spring. I think AA should've grabbed a guy or two that can come in and give us some offense, Josh Reddick was signed to a minor league deal the other day, don't know if there's someone else available with a similar profile.

Fried officially on the IL. Heredia and Tucker Davidson recalled.
    2021 Vikings Draft:

Honestly without Acuna this team might be winless so far. Not sure if that’s a compliment to Acuna or an insult to the rest of the team lol Regardless, this is why this team is so good. Once the rest of the team gets into a groove we’ll be fine but man this is fun to watch Acuna rake.

2021 Vikings Draft:

Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    Honestly without Acuna this team might be winless so far. Not sure if that’s a compliment to Acuna or an insult to the rest of the team lol Regardless, this is why this team is so good. Once the rest of the team gets into a groove we’ll be fine but man this is fun to watch Acuna rake.

We are going to lose again tonight for the same reason as the last 3 games, too many LHP out of the bullpen and every hit or flyball to left field Is a guaranteed extra base, Ozuna's arm Is the worst I've ever seen.

We are going to lose again tonight for the same reason as the last 3 games, too many LHP out of the bullpen and every hit or flyball to left field Is a guaranteed extra base, Ozuna's arm Is the worst I've ever seen.
    I’m not sure who is available tonight but I am curious why Matzek was brought in for the 10th to start off facing Aguilar and Duvall. Two guys who hit lefties really well. I know we’re pretty thin with right handed relievers with Martin out but that just seemed odd to me. Guessing Snit just wanted to go with an arm he trusts.

2021 Vikings Draft:

Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    I’m not sure who is available tonight but I am curious why Matzek was brought in for the 10th to start off facing Aguilar and Duvall. Two guys who hit lefties really well. I know we’re pretty thin with right handed relievers with Martin out but that just seemed odd to me. Guessing Snit just wanted to go with an arm he trusts.

We have Jackson, Jones, Tomlin and Webb as RH relievers. Jackson already pitch early in the game, Tomlin pitch 1.1 innings yesterday and was charged with 3 ER, Webb pitch the last two games so he was probably unavailable. I guess Nate Jones was available.

Either way, none of those RH relievers give me much confidence, Braves are in big trouble right now, it's early but I don't see how we can answer these problems:

Not enough RH relievers
    Not a good OF depth
    Not a good third baseman

We are better than the 4-8 record and have played better than that, but last year the offense and bullpen carried us. AA focused on the rotation but didn't do a good job on the bullpen and OF depth, in hindsight, even though I believe Smyly is really good and will be a capable starter those 11MM would be enough to re-sign Duvall and Melancon while still be able to get a couple of other starters to try to get lightning in a bottle.

I believe that SP depth was strong enough to get us through the season, we did it last year, AA sent guys like Wilson, Wright, Touki to oblivious and didn't face other important and obvious issues.

Can Sandoval still play third? everytime he goes to the plate he put up a very good at bat, I would love to see him go out there and have 4 at bats every day.

We need to sign Shane Greene ASAP in my opinion. I know some of the advanced stats suggest his numbers were better than he really pitched last year but even if those even out he would still he a really strong reliever for us. If we have $2M we need to send it his way.

I know that Minter is better than what he's thrown the last few games, but we are just too thin right now in the bullpen.

Can Sandoval still play third? everytime he goes to the plate he put up a very good at bat, I would love to see him go out there and have 4 at bats every day.
    It's not a terrible idea. Obviously we want Riley to get going but he hasn't shown much of anything offensively this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamba42 View Post
    We need to sign Shane Greene ASAP in my opinion. I know some of the advanced stats suggest his numbers were better than he really pitched last year but even if those even out he would still he a really strong reliever for us. If we have $2M we need to send it his way.

I know that Minter is better than what he's thrown the last few games, but we are just too thin right now in the bullpen.
    Yeah, I'm ok if we sign Greene now, right now Newcomb has looked better than Minter, I would switch those two for the time being in terms of who I want in a close game situation.

Page 4 of 58 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast