Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 19 of 43 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamba42 View Post
    So what do we think we will do to replace Ozuna this year?

I hope Riley can keep up his production. Heís basically on a Josh Donaldson pace when we was here and thatíd be big.
    If we keep playing like this we might end up being sellers at the deadline.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2021 Vikings Draft:
    1: Christian Darrisaw OT Virginia Tech
    3: Kellen Mond QB Texas A&M
    3: Chazz Surratt LB North Carolina
    3: Wyatt Davis G Ohio State
    3: Patrick Jones III DE Pittsburgh
    4: Kene Nwangwu RB Iowa State
    4: Camryn Bynum S California
    4: Janarius Robinson DE Florida State
    5: Ihmir Smith-Marsette WR Iowa
    5: Zach Davidson TE Central Missouri St.
    6: Jaylen Twyman DT Pittsburgh

you know with the struggles the Braves pitchers are having, I wonder if they are struggling to get used to the new baseball. I know a lot of pitchers are thriving more with it but, I wonder if it throwing some guys off. I haven't been able to watch a lot of games this year but, I do see some of the gameday stuff that shows pitch placement and what not and braves pitchers have seemed to be a little more wild than normal.

Quote Originally Posted by PackerBum9786 View Post
    you know with the struggles the Braves pitchers are having, I wonder if they are struggling to get used to the new baseball. I know a lot of pitchers are thriving more with it but, I wonder if it throwing some guys off. I haven't been able to watch a lot of games this year but, I do see some of the gameday stuff that shows pitch placement and what not and braves pitchers have seemed to be a little more wild than normal.
    I wonder if the bullpen struggles have anything to do with the new bullpen coach. Marty Reed was the bullpen coach but was fired in December. Seemed like odd timing when it happened.
    2021 Vikings Draft:

Smyly gave up another HR (14th so far) and his ERA is up to 5.98

2021 Vikings Draft:

Smyly has not been a good investment at all. At least Morton has been serviceable.

It just feels like this isnít going to be our year. Fried has stepped back big time. Smyly has been terrible. Anderson has remained good, but not dominant. Ynoa broke his hand. Soroka had setbacks and Ozuna got injured and then has the DV stuff. We also havenít gotten an extension for Freddie done which is crazy.

Just not a good year.

Tonight we are getting kind of ****ed by the umps though.

God our bullpen sucks.

Worst part about so many guys struggling is they are killing their trade value. This team isnít a WS contender so it would probably be smart to trade Morton regardless. But other than Morton we donít have much to offer. Pablo probably wonít fetch much as strictly a pinch hitter. Smyly would have to make some major adjustments to fetch anything worth while in a trade. díArnaud is a bit of a wild card. Depending on where his recovery is at when the deadline comes around a team in need of a catcher might take a chance on getting him back for the stretch run and playoffs. Even if that happens he also isnít likely to fetch much in return.

2021 Vikings Draft:

Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    Worst part about so many guys struggling is they are killing their trade value. This team isnít a WS contender so it would probably be smart to trade Morton regardless. But other than Morton we donít have much to offer. Pablo probably wonít fetch much as strictly a pinch hitter. Smyly would have to make some major adjustments to fetch anything worth while in a trade. díArnaud is a bit of a wild card. Depending on where his recovery is at when the deadline comes around a team in need of a catcher might take a chance on getting him back for the stretch run and playoffs. Even if that happens he also isnít likely to fetch much in return.

Yeah we donít have much right now in terms of sell value. Weíve also diminished some of the value of our guys in the minors too so itíll be difficult to buy too.

We really just need some guys to perform better. Hopefully Greene can come up soon and help the bullpen out, theyíve been very bad. 0-8 in games tied after 7 now.

Things just donít look great right now and I canít imagine the team is in a good head space after what happened with Ozuna.

Who does the defensive alignments on this team? Because I feel like every team take away a million hits from us because of shifts and it feels like a lot of grounders find the grass when we are at defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamba42 View Post
    Yeah we donít have much right now in terms of sell value. Weíve also diminished some of the value of our guys in the minors too so itíll be difficult to buy too.

We really just need some guys to perform better. Hopefully Greene can come up soon and help the bullpen out, theyíve been very bad. 0-8 in games tied after 7 now.

Things just donít look great right now and I canít imagine the team is in a good head space after what happened with Ozuna.
    Exactly. That's another reason why I would like to see Morton and Smyly traded. We've hung onto these young guys for so long we might as well give them a stretch of consistent starts. Wright, Wilson, Davidson, and maybe even Kyle Muller should get some starts. Maybe 1 or 2 them puts together a solid stretch and builds up their trade value. Pitching depth is obviously important but there are only so many spots. Fried, Soroka, Anderson, and probably now Ynoa should make up our top 4 next year. It would make sense if we traded some of our pitching depth.
    2021 Vikings Draft:

Quote Originally Posted by beldugo View Post
    Who does the defensive alignments on this team? Because I feel like every team take away a million hits from us because of shifts and it feels like a lot of grounders find the grass when we are at defense.
    That's because we never shift. We shift only 21% of AB's, 26th in baseball.

The Mets (1st), Marlins (11th), and Nats (15th) are each in the top 15 in shifting. The Dodgers are second.
    Last edited by vikingsfan0845; 06-03-2021 at 11:53 AM.
    2021 Vikings Draft:

That's because we never shift. We shift only 21% of AB's, 26th in baseball.

The Mets (1st), Marlins (11th), and Nats (15th) are each in the top 15 in shifting. The Dodgers are second.
    Then why is that? Don't know where to find the data, but do the teams that shift the most have a lower team ERA?

Quote Originally Posted by beldugo View Post
    Then why is that? Don't know where to find the data, but do the teams that shift the most have a lower team ERA?
    I would guess we don't shift as much because a lot of our players are quality fielders. Guys like Albies and Swanson have pretty good range too. But that's just a guess.

The results are mixed. The Mets shift the most and have the 3rd best team ERA. The Dodgers are second and are 4th in ERA. The Cubs are 7th and 9th in ERA. Then there is the Tigers who are 4th but 20th in ERA. Angels are 9th and 29th in ERA. D'backs are 8th and 28th in ERA. Then you have the Padres with the lowest ERA in baseball but shift 20th. The White Sox are 5th in ERA and shift 29th. Giants are 6th in ERA and shift 24th. So there doesn't really seem to be much of correlation between shifting and a lower ERA but you'll need to find someone a lot smarter than me to get a definitive answer lol
    2021 Vikings Draft:

I would guess we don't shift as much because a lot of our players are quality fielders. Guys like Albies and Swanson have pretty good range too. But that's just a guess.

The results are mixed. The Mets shift the most and have the 3rd best team ERA. The Dodgers are second and are 4th in ERA. The Cubs are 7th and 9th in ERA. Then there is the Tigers who are 4th but 20th in ERA. Angels are 9th and 29th in ERA. D'backs are 8th and 28th in ERA. Then you have the Padres with the lowest ERA in baseball but shift 20th. The White Sox are 5th in ERA and shift 29th. Giants are 6th in ERA and shift 24th. So there doesn't really seem to be much of correlation between shifting and a lower ERA but you'll need to find someone a lot smarter than me to get a definitive answer lol
    Thank you, can you share the source of the info so I can take a dive in?

Page 19 of 43 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast