Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Some hot takes:

Austin Riley still sucks.
    The Braves will end up sending Pache down, he can't hit.

Riley was 1-3 with a walk. He's also has a higher avg than anyone on the team other than Acuna. It's early.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrench View Post
    Riley was 1-3 with a walk. He's also has a higher avg than anyone on the team other than Acuna. It's early.
    Yeah it's early but so far He's still the same player since his debut, you know what to expect from FF, Albies, Ozuna etc.. But so far, Riley looks exactly the same, putting 1 good at bat between 4. That's not enough.

It looks like the bats are starting to wake up now just need the pitching to make a turn around.

Got completely robbed on that in the end. What's the point of replay if obvious calls aren't overturned?

Quote Originally Posted by Mamba42 View Post
    Got completely robbed on that in the end. What's the point of replay if obvious calls aren't overturned?
    Just another thing MLB can't figure out how to get right. It's amazing how their able to sabotage their own sport.
    2020 Vikings Draft:
    1: Justin Jefferson WR LSU
    1: Jeff Gladney CB TCU
    2: Ezra Cleveland OT Boise State
    3: Cameron Dantzler CB Mississippi State
    4: D.J. Wonnum DE South Carolina
    4: James Lynch DT Baylor
    4: Troy Dye LB Oregon
    5: Harrison Hand CB Temple
    5: K.J. Osborn WR Miami
    6: Blake Brandel OT Oregon State
    6: Josh Metellus S Michigan
    7: Kenny Willekes DE Michigan State
    7: Nate Stanley QB Iowa
    7: Brian Cole S Mississippi State
    7: Kyle Hinton G Washburn

It was too obvious that the runner didn't touch the plate. The question is, was this a political call??!!

Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    Just another thing MLB can't figure out how to get right. It's amazing how their able to sabotage their own sport.
    I like Dansby's suggestion of when the MLB reviews the play, they don't know what the call on the field was. They just make the best call possible based on the replay evidence.

Quote Originally Posted by HowFit View Post
    It was too obvious that the runner didn't touch the plate. The question is, was this a political call??!!
    I doubt it was political, but it was super obvious that he didn't touch the plate. Pitching needs to be better again, though really. They've gave up too many runs this last week.

damn what a line for Ynoa

6.0IP
    1 R
    1 ER
    1 BB
    10 SO
    1 HR

82 pitches 55 strikes

Quote Originally Posted by PackerBum9786 View Post
    damn what a line for Ynoa

6.0IP
    1 R
    1 ER
    1 BB
    10 SO
    1 HR

82 pitches 55 strikes
    And then Minter/Jones forget how to throw strikes. Tough luck for Ynoa. He deserved to get a W

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2020 Vikings Draft:
    7: Kenny Willekes DE Michigan State
    7: Nate Stanley QB Iowa
    7: Brian Cole S Mississippi State
    7: Kyle Hinton G Washburn

Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    And then Minter/Jones forget how to throw strikes. Tough luck for Ynoa. He deserved to get a W

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Smith has a good inning and then Webb comes in and gives up 2 runs. I know its really early but, this team is so wacky, first the pitching does alright and the batting sucks then the batting picks up and the pitching sucks.

Is nobody else kind of frustrated by players not knowing simple base running? I don't think I have seen anyone talk about how Ozuna pretty much ended the season in Game 4 of the NLCS by not understanding how to tag up. Then Sandoval for some reason was no where near 2nd base when Albies flew out. Two runners would have been on base for the reigning MVP. Maybe fans just don't care?

I like Dansby's suggestion of when the MLB reviews the play, they don't know what the call on the field was. They just make the best call possible based on the replay evidence.
    I like the idea, but in some angle the umpires call will be seen on the replay.

Quote Originally Posted by PackerBum9786 View Post
    Smith has a good inning and then Webb comes in and gives up 2 runs. I know its really early but, this team is so wacky, first the pitching does alright and the batting sucks then the batting picks up and the pitching sucks.
    The 2021 bullpen is way different than the 2020, we are relying on Minter and Matzek in the setup role now that Martin is on the DL, as LHP, most of the time, we are at a disadvantage, they are both good relievers but it's not ideal. Melancon has been really good for the Padres and was really cheap, that might've been the difference on our bullpen.

Quote Originally Posted by Tc1313 View Post
    Is nobody else kind of frustrated by players not knowing simple base running? I don't think I have seen anyone talk about how Ozuna pretty much ended the season in Game 4 of the NLCS by not understanding how to tag up. Then Sandoval for some reason was no where near 2nd base when Albies flew out. Two runners would have been on base for the reigning MVP. Maybe fans just don't care?
    Oh trust me Ozuna's base running blunder was talked about a lot. Riley's as well.

I have no idea what Pablo was doing on that sac fly. You're totally right. If Freeman brings him home to score then the Braves win 4-3.
    2020 Vikings Draft: