Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
    I don't understand why we can't beat Toronto lol. Or hit against lefties at all.

Why would we go to Webb here? He might get out of it but he has been horrible and we are only down 1

So he got out of it but that was risky to bring him in with the bases loaded in such a close game. Another semi-poor outing from Morton.

Bullpen not holding up for us again. Swanson gives us the lead heading into the 8th and Minter promptly gives it up again.

And Smith gives up 2 more with no outs. What a joke our bullpen has become.

It's like 2018 again.

I think we all expected some regression from the bullpen but damn this is getting ridiculous. This team just flat out stinks right now. If Acuna's injury is even semi bad this team is screwed.
    2021 Vikings Draft:
    1: Christian Darrisaw OT Virginia Tech
    3: Kellen Mond QB Texas A&M
    3: Chazz Surratt LB North Carolina
    3: Wyatt Davis G Ohio State
    3: Patrick Jones III DE Pittsburgh
    4: Kene Nwangwu RB Iowa State
    4: Camryn Bynum S California
    4: Janarius Robinson DE Florida State
    5: Ihmir Smith-Marsette WR Iowa
    5: Zach Davidson TE Central Missouri St.
    6: Jaylen Twyman DT Pittsburgh

This is the biggest issue we have, like we got rid of older guys where you would expect regression but it's everyone we kept that is. Like O'Day is 38 years old you would expect fall off and in his last handful of outings there might be some signs of that. Melancon seems to be our biggest loss but again he is 36 years old. I don't fault the Braves in not wanting to tie up limited funds into two older pitchers.

Looking at the regression out of guys, A.J. Minter stats from this year to last year mirror each other but for runs allowed. I not as worried about him as I feel his ERA will normalize at some point as his FIP is around 2.5

Matzek is the same but double the walks, need to control that.

Will Smith like Matzek is walking to many.

Luke Jackson is Luke Jackson.

Really need Chris Martin to come back and be close to what he was.

Past these 5 though we have nothing and that's only if some of these guys come around. Trade season can't come fast enough as we need about two more guys. Oh and Newcomb if he throws strikes.

Quick options in the minors are old man Jesse Chavez who has looked decent but his last MLB stints have been rough.
    Last edited by Wrench; 05-13-2021 at 06:00 PM.

The worst part Is that this team hasn't been able to pair Pitching and offense at the same time, early in the year starting Pitching was our biggest weakness but right now, Is the only part of the team who Is performing well.

I think we have the right pieces Just need to get rid of the dead weight and make some changes, Snitker can't be afraid of trying something different and that goes to the offense and bullpen.

Pache Is on the IL but he should've been Sent down weeks ago, He's probably the worst hitter in the majors so far, can't keep sending him out there with How our offense has struggled. For now, I would go with Acuña in CF and Adrianza in RF, need to stop hitting FF and Ozuna back to back.

Acuña CF
    Adrianza RF
    Freeman 1B
    Riley 3B
    Albies 2B
    Ozuna LF
    Swanson SS
    Contreras C

I think that makes our lineup deeper and FF return to a spot where he might feel confortable.

When it comes to the bullpen we need to get rid of Tomlin and Biddle, Greene can take one of the spots and now that we signed Roark I would try Wright as a reliever this year.

Also, Snitker needs to assign roles, Smith, Martín, Greene and Matzek when you are up, losing by one or tie, Minter, Wright, Newcomb When losing but a close game, Webb and Jackson when the game Is out of reach.

This Is the time where Snitker needs to show his leadership, do a closed Door meeting or something, a bunch of games have been right there for the taking but Is like the team isn't focused or motivated enough.
    Last edited by beldugo; 05-13-2021 at 06:35 PM.

Whatever we do with the bullpen we need to start with giving Minter a little bit of a break. He's tied for 2nd in the majors in appearances with 19, basically half our games.
    2021 Vikings Draft:
    1: Christian Darrisaw OT Virginia Tech
    3: Kellen Mond QB Texas A&M
    3: Chazz Surratt LB North Carolina
    3: Wyatt Davis G Ohio State
    3: Patrick Jones III DE Pittsburgh
    4: Kene Nwangwu RB Iowa State
    4: Camryn Bynum S California
    4: Janarius Robinson DE Florida State
    5: Ihmir Smith-Marsette WR Iowa
    5: Zach Davidson TE Central Missouri St.
    6: Jaylen Twyman DT Pittsburgh

Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    Whatever we do with the bullpen we need to start with giving Minter a little bit of a break. He's tied for 2nd in the majors in appearances with 19, basically half our games.
    Yeah, I Don't understand why Snit went with him today since Matzek has been better lately and didn't pitch yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by beldugo View Post
    The worst part Is that this team hasn't been able to pair Pitching and offense at the same time, early in the year starting Pitching was our biggest weakness but right now, Is the only part of the team who Is performing well.

I think we have the right pieces Just need to get rid of the dead weight and make some changes, Snitker can't be afraid of trying something different and that goes to the offense and bullpen.

Pache Is on the IL but he should've been Sent down weeks ago, He's probably the worst hitter in the majors so far, can't keep sending him out there with How our offense has struggled. For now, I would go with Acuña in CF and Adrianza in RF, need to stop hitting FF and Ozuna back to back.

Acuña CF
    Adrianza RF
    Freeman 1B
    Riley 3B
    Albies 2B
    Ozuna LF
    Swanson SS
    Contreras C

I think that makes our lineup deeper and FF return to a spot where he might feel confortable.

When it comes to the bullpen we need to get rid of Tomlin and Biddle, Greene can take one of the spots and now that we signed Roark I would try Wright as a reliever this year.

Also, Snitker needs to assign roles, Smith, Martín, Greene and Matzek when you are up, losing by one or tie, Minter, Wright, Newcomb When losing but a close game, Webb and Jackson when the game Is out of reach.

This Is the time where Snitker needs to show his leadership, do a closed Door meeting or something, a bunch of games have been right there for the taking but Is like the team isn't focused or motivated enough.
    I think this is absolutely right. We've got to give these guys set roles. Like yesterday, I didn't get the decision to bring in Webb with the bases loaded down by one run in the 5th. He ended up getting out of it, but it was an odd decision. Webb is a guy, like you say, who should be an innings eater when the game is out of reach (either for or against us). Jackson is a bit more reliable than Webb but also like him in that role.

Snit needs to get it all figured out. Hopefully Inciarte returning today he can hit like he was before the injury (he was really turning it on).

Quote Originally Posted by Wrench View Post
    This is the biggest issue we have, like we got rid of older guys where you would expect regression but it's everyone we kept that is. Like O'Day is 38 years old you would expect fall off and in his last handful of outings there might be some signs of that. Melancon seems to be our biggest loss but again he is 36 years old. I don't fault the Braves in not wanting to tie up limited funds into two older pitchers.

Looking at the regression out of guys, A.J. Minter stats from this year to last year mirror each other but for runs allowed. I not as worried about him as I feel his ERA will normalize at some point as his FIP is around 2.5

Matzek is the same but double the walks, need to control that.

Will Smith like Matzek is walking to many.

Luke Jackson is Luke Jackson.

Really need Chris Martin to come back and be close to what he was.

Past these 5 though we have nothing and that's only if some of these guys come around. Trade season can't come fast enough as we need about two more guys. Oh and Newcomb if he throws strikes.

Quick options in the minors are old man Jesse Chavez who has looked decent but his last MLB stints have been rough.
    Newcomb has the chance to be a really dominant reliever I think. Just give his best stuff for an inning at a time. I also have faith in Minter, but he needs a break like Vikingsfan said.

Also, to be fair, in 2019 we also started pretty slow. We started 18-20 that year and went on to win 97 games. So this roster has a history of turning it around, but I think that's the year we brought in Melancon, Greene and Martin via trade that really helped things along.

Braves' updates:

Tyler Flowers has decided to retire due to back issues:

https://twitter.com/mlbbowman/status...33131432460295

Ender Inciarte has been recalled from the IL and Pache has been placed on the 10 day IL:

https://twitter.com/Braves/status/1393207465756532744

Quote Originally Posted by Mamba42 View Post
    Also, to be fair, in 2019 we also started pretty slow. We started 18-20 that year and went on to win 97 games. So this roster has a history of turning it around, but I think that's the year we brought in Melancon, Greene and Martin via trade that really helped things along.
    Yeah, I remember Donaldson going nuts by june and was the spark we needed. I think that's the key this year, if FF and Ozuna start hitting I have faith. The rotation is good enough and the bullpen will get a solid push with Greene. We just need to hit better.

Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast