Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 37 of 43 FirstFirst ... 273536373839 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamba42 View Post
    Iíd like to see Wright moved before Touki myself.
    Yeah I would rather move Wright as well but I'm not going to be too picky if it means getting somebody like Gallo in return.

Me either, I was thinking the same thing. Let him get that experience. Gotta learn somehow.

At least Matzek (barely) got out of it.
    I would have at least given him a shot at Profar. Profar isn't a very good hitter. He was cruising before giving up back to back singles. He didn't seem like he was losing control of the inning but hey whatever the decision worked out and we won. No easy decisions when it comes to a young pitcher and our bullpen.
    2021 Vikings Draft:
    1: Christian Darrisaw OT Virginia Tech
    3: Kellen Mond QB Texas A&M
    3: Chazz Surratt LB North Carolina
    3: Wyatt Davis G Ohio State
    3: Patrick Jones III DE Pittsburgh
    4: Kene Nwangwu RB Iowa State
    4: Camryn Bynum S California
    4: Janarius Robinson DE Florida State
    5: Ihmir Smith-Marsette WR Iowa
    5: Zach Davidson TE Central Missouri St.
    6: Jaylen Twyman DT Pittsburgh

Quote Originally Posted by RandyRocks77 View Post
    Saw someone said something about Donaldson. I say pass. I think a good LF and RP/ Closer is what we need. Also. Our starters are starting to go deeper. Everyone blames the pen. But these guys are overused IMO. If the Pen is having to pitch more than 3 innings every game than yeah they are gonna have high era. And give up games. My ideal trade of course would bring Kimball back home
    Iíd love to get Kimbrel but I think someone here said (or maybe I read it on Twitter) that would mean we have $30M tied into two relievers. So it may be unlikely unless we made the offer sweet enough to the Cubs to eat some salary (which also seems unlikely)

Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    Yeah I would rather move Wright as well but I'm not going to be too picky if it means getting somebody like Gallo in return.

I would have at least given him a shot at Profar. Profar isn't a very good hitter. He was cruising before giving up back to back singles. He didn't seem like he was losing control of the inning but hey whatever the decision worked out and we won. No easy decisions when it comes to a young pitcher and our bullpen.
    Yep, against Profar I thought it made sense (especially since he is a switch hitter so no real matchup benefit for Matzek).

If it was for Gallo I wouldnít complain either.

Watching a YouTube video of the braves last 10 first round draft picks. And we suck. So I went back the last 15 years. To see what we have drafted..worth anything Heyward (Ď06)Mike Minor (Ď09),Austin Riley (Ď15) Ian Anderson (Ď16), I didnít include the last three drafts still to soon for those guys. But 4 out of the last 15. And Heyward was sorta a bust. I left Kyle Wright off. Because I havenít seen him do anything other than one game in the playoffs

We need better scouts for our draft. Now the international draft/signings we done ok the last 25 years with Andruw Jones, Javy Lopez, Acuna , Ozzie.

Well you can say either the pen cost us the game or lack of runs. I wonder if Muller had a max pitch count!

Watching a YouTube video of the braves last 10 first round draft picks. And we suck. So I went back the last 15 years. To see what we have drafted..worth anything Heyward (Ď06)Mike Minor (Ď09),Austin Riley (Ď15) Ian Anderson (Ď16), I didnít include the last three drafts still to soon for those guys. But 4 out of the last 15. And Heyward was sorta a bust. I left Kyle Wright off. Because I havenít seen him do anything other than one game in the playoffs

We need better scouts for our draft. Now the international draft/signings we done ok the last 25 years with Andruw Jones, Javy Lopez, Acuna , Ozzie.
    Donít forget that success rates for these guys arenít overly high. Drafting is tough but I think lately weíve been good lately. Donít forget Mike Soroka either. So since 2015 weíve hit on Soroka, Riley, and Anderson. Thatís pretty good. We also have two second round picks in Muller and Waters who are two of our top prospects.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2021 Vikings Draft:

Mike Soroka was a 1st round pick in 2015 and I would say when not injured he seemed to be something of worth

The baseball draft is just so hard to grade because of all the factors in it. development can take longer in player A compared to player B, sometimes you take a guy in the 1st round because you know he is going to sign for less and that frees up more money to us on a player in the later rounds, inexperience hinders them too cause you got to realize a lot of these players getting drafted are fresh out of high school.

according to an article on bleacher report only 66% of 1st round draft picks make it to the big leagues and then the percentages drop significantly the deeper into the draft you go.

I get it though, it is frustrating when you see how we draft and you look forward to it and it seems as if nothing pans out.

Snit said Ynoa threw live BP and is scheduled to pitch a game in Florida next Tuesday. I'd guess he could be back by mid August but the question is whether he'll be starting or in the bullpen. I'll guess he starts off in the pen.

Anderson played catch today and had no issues with his shoulder.

d'Arnaud is traveling with the team on this road trip so he can ramp up his rehab and prepare for a minor league rehab assignment.
    2021 Vikings Draft:

The starting pitching and offense has looked good to start the second half. If this continues over the next week and we can win series against the Phillies and Mets then the Braves should buy. Bullpen is going to be the key and I hope we target Raisel Iglesias or Taylor Rogers. Rodriguez and Kimbrel would be awesome but likely to be too expensive. Gallo would be a massive boost to the lineup but the more I read about him the more I think AA isn't likely to give up that big of a haul. We could use a center fielder the most but only Marte is worth going after and it's doubtful the Marlins or Braves want to trade within the division. Someone cheap like Eddie Rosario or David Peralta is more likely IMO.
    2021 Vikings Draft:

The starting pitching and offense has looked good to start the second half. If this continues over the next week and we can win series against the Phillies and Mets then the Braves should buy. Bullpen is going to be the key and I hope we target Raisel Iglesias or Taylor Rogers. Rodriguez and Kimbrel would be awesome but likely to be too expensive. Gallo would be a massive boost to the lineup but the more I read about him the more I think AA isn't likely to give up that big of a haul. We could use a center fielder the most but only Marte is worth going after and it's doubtful the Marlins or Braves want to trade within the division. Someone cheap like Eddie Rosario or David Peralta is more likely IMO.
    I read the article in The Athletic where O'Brien talked with the other guy about trade packages for Gallo and I think the final deal the guy wanted was:

Braves receive: Gallo, Kennedy and some mid level minor leaguer
    Rangers receive: Cristian Pache, Kyle Wright, Kyle Muller and Michael Harris

That would be the most insane trade of all time for the Braves lol. Much worse than the Texiera trade and the JD Drew trade.

I read the article in The Athletic where O'Brien talked with the other guy about trade packages for Gallo and I think the final deal the guy wanted was:

Braves receive: Gallo, Kennedy and some mid level minor leaguer
    Rangers receive: Cristian Pache, Kyle Wright, Kyle Muller and Michael Harris

That would be the most insane trade of all time for the Braves lol. Much worse than the Texiera trade and the JD Drew trade.
    Yeah I read that same article and every offer that was proposed for Gallo was crazy lol If the Rangers are asking for anything like that then there is zero chance he ends playing for the Braves. I'm preparing myself for one or two "B" level trades
    2021 Vikings Draft:

Yeah I read that same article and every offer that was proposed for Gallo was crazy lol If the Rangers are asking for anything like that then there is zero chance he ends playing for the Braves. I'm preparing myself for one or two "B" level trades
    Thatís basically what I think too.

Iím actually ok with the lineup we ran out there last night with Albies hitting second and Riley at cleanup. Our offense can still be above average so long as Freeman is hitting and maybe DíArnaud comes back strong in August.

I envision a deadline like when we got Greene, Melancon and Martin. Thatíd be great for us.

Snit said d'Arnaud could begin a rehab assignment next week
    2021 Vikings Draft:

Making some assumptions here; d'Arnaud comes back healthy mid August and Braves acquire a decent hitting LFer, this line up could be pretty good:

Pederson RF
    Albies 2B
    Freeman 1B
    Riley 3B
    d'Arnaud C
    Trade LF
    Swanson SS
    Heredia CF

Starting rotation for a playoff series is still good enough:
    Max Fried
    Charlie Morton
    Ian Anderson
    If needed we can pick a 4th starter from Smyly, Muller, or Ynoa. Whoever doesn't make the rotation goes into the bullpen and strengthens the pen. Ynoa was very good out of the bullpen last year so I can see him finishing the season there. Bring in a relief pitcher like Raisel Iglesias and we might become good enough to make some noise.
    2021 Vikings Draft:

Ender DFA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2021 Vikings Draft:

Page 37 of 43 FirstFirst ... 273536373839 ... LastLast