Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 21 of 43 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamba42 View Post
    Good offensive inning from us to take the lead back.

Where is everyone this year? Lol. It seems like nobody is posting anymore.

Maybe PSD has finally bit the dust. Are you guys using Reddit or what?
    I'm still on here most days but yeah PSD has been dying a slow death for a while now. I've always enjoyed PSD so it's sad to see it becoming so barren.
    2021 Vikings Draft:
    1: Christian Darrisaw OT Virginia Tech
    3: Kellen Mond QB Texas A&M
    3: Chazz Surratt LB North Carolina
    3: Wyatt Davis G Ohio State
    3: Patrick Jones III DE Pittsburgh
    4: Kene Nwangwu RB Iowa State
    4: Camryn Bynum S California
    4: Janarius Robinson DE Florida State
    5: Ihmir Smith-Marsette WR Iowa
    5: Zach Davidson TE Central Missouri St.
    6: Jaylen Twyman DT Pittsburgh

Quote Originally Posted by Mamba42 View Post
    Good offensive inning from us to take the lead back.

Where is everyone this year? Lol. It seems like nobody is posting anymore.

Maybe PSD has finally bit the dust. Are you guys using Reddit or what?
    Quote Originally Posted by PackerBum9786 View Post
    I hate to say it but PSD is on life support. there are some sections that are still thriving for the most part but, it is definitely not like it used to be.
    Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    I'm still on here most days but yeah PSD has been dying a slow death for a while now. I've always enjoyed PSD so it's sad to see it becoming so barren.
    It's really sad, I remember a couple of years ago that we had a thread for every series and people following play by play on this site, it was fun while it lasted. I still enter the site most days but there's just a handful of guys in here.

Back to .500 again, every time we've got to this point we lose 3-4 games in a road, let's hope this time is different.

It's been a pretty disappointing start so far but Riley and Contreras have been bright spots. We'll see if Riley can keep this up for the rest of the season but he's looking like a different hitter this year. Right now Riley should be the starting 3B in the all star game. He's currently at the top of a lot of categories in the majors:

1st OPS
    3rd SLG
    2nd OBP
    4th HR
    4th ISO

He currently has a .405 BABIP so his average/OBP is going to drop but if he's getting on base around a .340 clip and still slugging in the high .400 or low .500 then he's going to be a huge part of this line up for a long time. The power has always been obvious but the rest of his game is developing nicely.

Contreras is also really impressing me. The kid can hit. His defense can still use a lot of work but he has all the tools to be above average. For only having 60 games in AA and none in AAA he's adjusting well. He certainly looks like he belongs. He's had some ugly moments but that is to be expected with a kid lacking experience. Langeliers will need to make huge strides with the bat if he wants to take the job away from Contreras.
    2021 Vikings Draft:

Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    It's been a pretty disappointing start so far but Riley and Contreras have been bright spots. We'll see if Riley can keep this up for the rest of the season but he's looking like a different hitter this year. Right now Riley should be the starting 3B in the all star game. He's currently at the top of a lot of categories in the majors:

1st OPS
    3rd SLG
    2nd OBP
    4th HR
    4th ISO

He currently has a .405 BABIP so his average/OBP is going to drop but if he's getting on base around a .340 clip and still slugging in the high .400 or low .500 then he's going to be a huge part of this line up for a long time. The power has always been obvious but the rest of his game is developing nicely.

Contreras is also really impressing me. The kid can hit. His defense can still use a lot of work but he has all the tools to be above average. For only having 60 games in AA and none in AAA he's adjusting well. He certainly looks like he belongs. He's had some ugly moments but that is to be expected with a kid lacking experience. Langeliers will need to make huge strides with the bat if he wants to take the job away from Contreras.
    I've also been impressed with Contreras, I think he could be similar to Mitch Garver offensively, maybe not a huge AVG but big power numbers, as you said he needs to get better defensively, he's tied at 26th in DRS with a minimun of 220 innings played, and 24th in framing. For a dude who hasn't played above AA it's impressive but defense was always a question mark for him, I'm afraid he will never be considered elite because of it. Langeliers is/will be a much better defender and is tearing up AA, something Contreras didn't do at that level (Contreras was also 2 years younger), so I'm actually really high on him, I would love to keep both of them though, not many teams have two starting caliber catchers on the roster, it will be great in terms of keeping them fresh.

Tucker Davidson with a great outing today. 6.0 IP 4 hits 0 R 0 ER 1 BB 4 SO

He has had a few solid outings in a row, does he keep this spot in the rotation or do they continue to yo-yo him?

He has had a few solid outings in a row, does he keep this spot in the rotation or do they continue to yo-yo him?
    If he keeps pitching like this theyíll have no choice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2021 Vikings Draft:

Great job Smith! A walk off home run to a guy in his second game after walking the winning run on lol. This team is just so ridiculous sometimes.

I hope they keep him in. Iím not sure why he isnít fully in it now anyway. When Ynoa returns jettison Smyly to the bullpen or DFA

3 yrs $39 mil. Do we still have the receipt? I want a refund, isnít working as advertised.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalemurphy44 View Post
    3 yrs $39 mil. Do we still have the receipt? I want a refund, isnít working as advertised.
    Lol, I'd love to return him, Smyly and Ozuna right now.

Man our bullpen cannot hold anybody. Itís ridiculous.

To be fair that should have been fielded by Riley, but Minter is just overused at this point.

Holy **** our bullpen is bad. Martin off today. Minter was off today.

Itís a sad state of things when our only reliable reliever is Luke Jackson.

2021 Atlanta Braves Regular Season Thread

We gave Martin a two run lead. He promptly threw a wild pitch and then a hit to cut the lead to 3-2.

Now he allowed a double and then another walkoff double for Segura.

****ing awesome.

Two more games blown by our bullpen.

This team is almost unbearable to watch as they are currently playing. Back-to-back awful losses. Pen canít get it done (yet again). This is starting to feel like a year that is going to slip away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 21 of 43 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast