Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jc27 View Post
    No, advanced stats do not show how the player plays without the puck, whether they get caught just watching the play or whether they pick up an open man. The Flyers D often gets caught watching the play. They do a poor job of clearing the front of the net.
    So, do you think a player who plays poorly without the puck will have good or bad expected goals for percentage?

It's fairly obvious a player who consistently doesn't cover the right man or gets beat, will give up more scoring chances. This will result in poor advanced stats.

A players play without the puck, definitely contributes to their advances metrics.

new goalie comes in and gives up 6... still wanna blame Hart? Elliot/hart have gotten ****ed.
    i'm not as plugged in as i once was, but i still haven't seen very many people blaming hart for what's happening this year.

This team has absolutely no finishers. They could have 50 odd man rushes a game and be lucky to come away with 1 goal. You expect them not to score with each breakaway.

This team has absolutely no finishers. They could have 50 odd man rushes a game and be lucky to come away with 1 goal. You expect them not to score with each breakaway.
    but you have to admit: it's funny to see how far out of his way voracek will go in order to not shoot the puck when he's 1 on 1 with a goalie.

Quote Originally Posted by Maccanman View Post
    Correct. Been saying this for 2+ years now ,,, this is year 3 of the problem

Quote Originally Posted by steagles View Post
    but you have to admit: it's funny to see how far out of his way voracek will go in order to not shoot the puck when he's 1 on 1 with a goalie.
    It isnít funny because he is an 8m contract

we need more danny briers and less of what we have from everyone outside of Couts... Briere went 100 pct always and was all hart and shot the puck always. We dont have any of that

Quote Originally Posted by steagles View Post
    Unreal man, he'd drop it back to the blueline if he had an empty net. It's like he's scared *****less to be stopped by the goalie. Unfortunately that mentality has found it's way to most of the team. Just shoot, who cares if the goalie makes a save that's what he's getting paid for. I am so done with Voracek he is the worst on the PP, makes bad decision after bad decision. I can't believe at the beginning of the season I was pumped for the team now I'm scared to death for the future. So many contracts and no young talent coming.

It isnít funny because he is an 8m contract
    oh, it's still funny; it's just not funny "ha-ha".

danny briere blocked shots lmao??? ummm whatt hahaha

Quote Originally Posted by 3iverson3 View Post
    danny briere blocked shots lmao??? ummm whatt hahaha
    I don't think anyone said he blocked pucks. He said Danny B played with heart and shot the puck. He's right.
    <Meaning and Content>

...And did you see that Giroux goal?

Quote Originally Posted by crzyhawk View Post
    I don't think anyone said he blocked pucks. He said Danny B played with heart and shot the puck. He's right.
    oh hahha for some reason i read that as he blocked shots lmao. Ya we don't have the briere, the simmonds, the hartnells to bang down low and play physical. Then again, offense is not really the big issue with this current team. We have a lot of players on pace for nice offensive seasons (especially if we weren't in a losing funk, they would be scoring even more). This is also a season with lindblom, Patrick, frost all not playing well at all.

Our biggest issue is our god awful defense. Hagg and braun in the top 4 is the worst thing in the world, ghost has been playing pretty well but we cant have hagg, braun, and ghost all in the lineup at the same time. We need a big change in the system, team defense, and then the goalies can play better. Continously left ahrt out to dry all season. Sure there were some games where hart should've made some saves but there is a compilation of the flyers goals that showed just how bad the defense is. Constantly missing assignments, the constant turnovers, 2 on 1s, open players in the crease, etc.

need to get rid of the coaches or at least all of the assistants.

Even if we win all our remaining games I still don't think it will be enough to make the playoffs. Need to start working towards next year.

Quote Originally Posted by lbz88 View Post
    Even if we win all our remaining games I still don't think it will be enough to make the playoffs. Need to start working towards next year.
    its literally impossible. It was over when we lost to buffalo.

Hagg and braun in the top 4 is the worst thing in the world
    i get that they're popular whipping boys, but the problem with the defense this year wasn't hagg or braun; it was myers and sanheim.

Code:

Even    Even  Even   Even
    Player                GP   TOI CF% Rel GF/60 GA/60V
    Philippe Myers        33 17:18     1.5   2.3    3.7
    Travis Sanheim        44 19:05     1.7   2.4    3.4
    Samuel Morin          16  9:27    -8.3   0.4    3.2
    Shayne Gostisbehere   35 17:16    -0.7   2.7    3.0
    Erik Gustafsson       24 14:56     3.0   3.0    2.8
    Ivan Provorov         45 19:37    -3.5   3.0    2.8
    Justin Braun          42 16:04    -2.6   2.7    2.7
    Robert Hagg           27 13:35     2.2   2.0    2.6

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast