Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    even i am in shock... we have no space and are running it back lmfao... fml

this was a sellers market and we did not sell because god forbid we trade our vets in G/Vora/JVR etc

fml the flyers are ****ed being owned by comcast.
    Their contracts make them untradeable.

You can't just trade G, he has a NMC and must agree to be moved. Don't see him doing that after just having a kid. As stated Jake & JVR contracts no one wants to take on right now. Gust wasn't going to play with Morin finally showing something. Raffl was a good player but blocking the younger players from coming up. Surprised no one called about Elliot unless they did and Fletcher didn't like what they were offering.

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    even i am in shock... we have no space and are running it back lmfao... fml

this was a sellers market and we did not sell because god forbid we trade our vets in G/Vora/JVR etc

fml the flyers are ****ed being owned by comcast.
    Look, I'm not excited by the deadline moves, how can you be? But you have to put some things into context. The trade deadline is primarily expiring contracts going from sellers to buyers.

All the guys you want moved have term left. These aren't small easily movable contracts generally speaking, especially mid season. Factor in the impending expansion draft and the market was likely invisible for these guys right now.

If they go into next season without a shakeup I'll be closer to the doomsday crowd. As of now it's just another lost season with a lot of weird circumstances surrounding it.

This was anything but a sellers market. Teams are all panicked by who they can and cannot protect for the draft, some players have NMCs (like Giroux). No one is looking to take on big time salaries. We should in no way be surprised the Flyers didn't or couldn't trade many of these players. What big contract moved at the deadline? What multi-year contract moved at the deadline? Now ask yourself if you take a step back if you're in any way surprised the Flyers didn't move anyone, too.

The Flyers aren't running it back so much as in a corner. They can't move them right now (maybe after expansion there's some potential movement on someone, but it's unlikely for most. JVR and Voracek, for example, are probably not movable right now. Teams are going to be hesitant to give up anything for guys with multiple years left on contracts who are over 30 without the Flyers picking up most of their salary. The Flyers have no readably available replacements. Sure, they could move them to create "change" or whatever, but simply getting worse isn't anything but change for change's sake, especially considering the Flyers will likely be eating salary, or signing the next JVR in FA.

I simply don't see the Flyers capable of a major shakeup. Not today. Not this offseason. I think if you want one, you're going to be disappointed. They're going to have to make due with this roster, and these players. This is why I was hesitant on the JVR and the Hayes deals when they got them, and I'm not super jazzed about the Laughton one, either. The Flyers have signed players to long term deals; and when you sign players to term, there comes a time when you inevitably go "yeah I don't want that guy any more" but you get stuck in a corner. Welcome to the corner.

This year has been awful, no good, and unfun. They're miserable to watch. They're frustrating. I cannot explain what has happened. Every single player seems to just be the worst version of themselves right now. The best hope is likely going to be that this was a funky year, and a funky month, and things snowballed on them. They'll probably miss the playoffs. I think some coaching shakeup (on the PP and the PK) will need to be made. I expect they can move one or two players this offseason (though I won't speculate who) for some changes, but overall, the base frame of the 2021-2022 season is going to be generally the same. Fans love to shot "well if we just trade this guy I don't want..." and then get mad when other teams don't want the players/contracts they, themselves, don't want. So I think if you're expecting a monster shakeup...it's not coming. This season is likely over and we're dead in the water. Hopefully next year is better. But I don't really believe in Fletcher (never have) to be anything more than mediocre, and I don't really believe in Vinguealt (never have) to be anything more than mediocre. And I'm not sure what our players are anymore. I think there's good players. But who knows any more?

who are over 50% ExGF this season:

Giroux, Hayes, JvR, Laughton, Konecny, Patrick, Couturier, Lindblom, Farabee

Sanheim, Gostisbehere

9 regular Fwds... but only 2 Dmen.

In addition...

SIX fwds who've scored at 1st line level. (2 P/60+)

Farabee, JvR, Voracek, Couturier, TK, Giroux

TWO fwds who've scored at 2nd line level. (1.6 P/60+)

Hayes, Laughton

THREE fwds who've scored at 3rd line level. (1.2 P/60+)

Lindblom, NAK, Raffl

Credit these numbers to alexander appleyard on twitter.

Quote Originally Posted by jc27 View Post
    Zamula is a poor man's Myers. He's another D man that won't be clearing the porch.
    ya like braun and hagg do that well tho lol. completely agree with what steagles said. We need to change this lineup and it just feels like we are going into next year with the same guys

I hope vegas takes braun or hagg. Wouldn't mind them taking laughton but they might not want him cus of the term. I don't know the direction Fletcher is going with this team. We cannot have this exact same roster + just one top 4 d coming in. We can't win with this roster and it has shown already.

We need one top 4 d, new backup goalie, room for laczynski/allison/york, braun and hagg gone (or just one of them staying on the 3rd pair), and maybe a trade in the middle 6.

The only one I'm really surprised didn't get traded was JVR...His contract could be tradeable since he was performing this year. I think a team like Colorado or even Tampa could have used him. Carolina would have loved him.

Quote Originally Posted by LLMunchie619 View Post
    The only one I'm really surprised didn't get traded was JVR...His contract could be tradeable since he was performing this year. I think a team like Colorado or even Tampa could have used him. Carolina would have loved him.
    In another year maybe. But there's a reason multi-year contracts were not being moved and it's because of the expansion draft.

It shouldn't be surprising teams were unwilling to **** with expansion and not trade for JVR. Maybe post-expansion draft you can do something, but I also doubt any tram is super jazzed about his contract even with a good half of a year. He's days away from 32, has a few more years on his contract and has seen his point production fall off recently. You have to expect his age 33 and 34 probably will see some decline. Teams won't be paying a ton for him. But if we can move him post expansion...let's get out from the end years if possible.

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

I’m ready for something new and fresh. We know this team won’t win a cup, it is time to change the names on the back of the jerseys. G and Couturier are the only ones who I care stay to build a bridge to the next group.

We are in big trouble over the next 3 years. We might see day light again in 2026.

This team is embarassing. I can't even blame coaching anymore....we're getting the same results with different coaches who coach different styles...

It's time to change the roster.

Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    This was anything but a sellers market. Teams are all panicked by who they can and cannot protect for the draft, some players have NMCs (like Giroux). No one is looking to take on big time salaries. We should in no way be surprised the Flyers didn't or couldn't trade many of these players. What big contract moved at the deadline? What multi-year contract moved at the deadline? Now ask yourself if you take a step back if you're in any way surprised the Flyers didn't move anyone, too.

The Flyers aren't running it back so much as in a corner. They can't move them right now (maybe after expansion there's some potential movement on someone, but it's unlikely for most. JVR and Voracek, for example, are probably not movable right now. Teams are going to be hesitant to give up anything for guys with multiple years left on contracts who are over 30 without the Flyers picking up most of their salary. The Flyers have no readably available replacements. Sure, they could move them to create "change" or whatever, but simply getting worse isn't anything but change for change's sake, especially considering the Flyers will likely be eating salary, or signing the next JVR in FA.

I simply don't see the Flyers capable of a major shakeup. Not today. Not this offseason. I think if you want one, you're going to be disappointed. They're going to have to make due with this roster, and these players. This is why I was hesitant on the JVR and the Hayes deals when they got them, and I'm not super jazzed about the Laughton one, either. The Flyers have signed players to long term deals; and when you sign players to term, there comes a time when you inevitably go "yeah I don't want that guy any more" but you get stuck in a corner. Welcome to the corner.

This year has been awful, no good, and unfun. They're miserable to watch. They're frustrating. I cannot explain what has happened. Every single player seems to just be the worst version of themselves right now. The best hope is likely going to be that this was a funky year, and a funky month, and things snowballed on them. They'll probably miss the playoffs. I think some coaching shakeup (on the PP and the PK) will need to be made. I expect they can move one or two players this offseason (though I won't speculate who) for some changes, but overall, the base frame of the 2021-2022 season is going to be generally the same. Fans love to shot "well if we just trade this guy I don't want..." and then get mad when other teams don't want the players/contracts they, themselves, don't want. So I think if you're expecting a monster shakeup...it's not coming. This season is likely over and we're dead in the water. Hopefully next year is better. But I don't really believe in Fletcher (never have) to be anything more than mediocre, and I don't really believe in Vinguealt (never have) to be anything more than mediocre. And I'm not sure what our players are anymore. I think there's good players. But who knows any more?
    our biggest hope is Seattle. While i think they will take one of hagg/braun/laughton, if they go rogue and take JVR that would help us massively. We can't go into next year with the same roster and expect to win. This year was supposed to be the year we built off last years run to become legit contenders, supposedly. Now we have taken a massive step back and if we go into next year with the same outlook its going to be mediocre flyers hockey again (make the playoffs and lose).

I totally agree we need a coaching change and if AV isn't gone, then get rid of thierrien, yeo, and lappy immediately. It has taken thierrien two full years to get the only pp setup that has worked (ghost being on it FYI).

Trade braun, trade hagg, and hopefully seattle takes jvr. Seattle is not going to get top 6 players like vegas was gifted. They might be forced to take a contract like jvr to get that top 6 winger/center. Reilly smith, marchassault, tuch, Theodore, and karlsson were absolute gifts that Seattle will not get this time (maybe one or two but that 5).

g-couts-voracek
    farabee-hayes-tk
    lindblom-frost-patrick
    X-lazcynski-nak

provorov-X
    sanheim-myers
    york-X
    morin

hart
    X

-get a top 4 d
    -sign bernier as a reliable backup
    -sign a bottom pairing d: Martinez, oleksiak, montour, cole, zadorov
    -let york play
    -if you can get hamilton, sign him and maybe trade one of the top 9 fwds+myers for a better top 6 fwd.

Quote Originally Posted by 3iverson3 View Post
    ya like braun and hagg do that well tho lol. completely agree with what steagles said. We need to change this lineup and it just feels like we are going into next year with the same guys

I hope vegas takes braun or hagg. Wouldn't mind them taking laughton but they might not want him cus of the term. I don't know the direction Fletcher is going with this team. We cannot have this exact same roster + just one top 4 d coming in. We can't win with this roster and it has shown already.

We need one top 4 d, new backup goalie, room for laczynski/allison/york, braun and hagg gone (or just one of them staying on the 3rd pair), and maybe a trade in the middle 6.
    Zamula is not an upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by jc27 View Post
    Zamula is not an upgrade.
    york is. I don't think i said zamula is an upgrade on that d but we need to get rid of one of hagg/braun to make room for him:

prorovov-top 4 d
    sanheim-myers
    york-braun
    morin

Seattle is not going to get top 6 players like vegas was gifted. They might be forced to take a contract like jvr to get that top 6 winger/center. Reilly smith, marchassault, tuch, Theodore, and karlsson were absolute gifts that Seattle will not get this time (maybe one or two but that 5).
    tuch had played 6 games in the NHL.
    haula and kalrsson were 3rd liners coming off a year where they combined for 21 goals and 50 points in 153 games.
    marchessault was a career AHLer, who had 1 good year (where he was -21) on a bad team.

what VGK was able to do was masterful, full stop. it wasn't other team's faults (mostly); VGK just knocked everything (besides MAF) out of the damn park. here's a contemporary account of VGK coming out of the draft:

The first line—likely Perron and Neal centered by KHL signee Vadim Shipachyov—is fine. After that you get two lines of guys who would be third- or fourth-liners on better teams. The blueline pairings, currently led by Methot and Emelin, are a little better, but this is still a bunch of fourth defensemen, and they’re going to get torn up by the league’s better forwards.
    This team’s not built to win. GM George McPhee isn’t an idiot. He could have maybe assembled a borderline playoff team if he had taken the best available players, but expensive mediocrity is not a sustainable strategy. Much better to do what McPhee did, and accept picks in exchange for agreeing not to take actual useful players.
    This team is going to be bad, potentially historically so. They’ll be bad for a few years. They won’t even be enjoyable to watch once the novelty of new uniforms wears off, not unless you consider 4-1 losses enjoyable.
    link
    Last edited by steagles; 04-15-2021 at 02:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 3iverson3 View Post
    york is. I don't think i said zamula is an upgrade on that d but we need to get rid of one of hagg/braun to make room for him:

prorovov-top 4 d
    sanheim-myers
    york-braun
    morin
    Sanheim and Myers aren't a good pair. They are too soft in front of the net. most of the Flyers D men do a poor job of picking up the open man and tend to get caught watching the puck.

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast