Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011
    someone check the books; NAK might be on the rangers' payroll.

and that is scott laughton's 3rd point in the last 25 games.

At least Laughton plays hard every second he's on the ice, unlike some other players that watch the play and glide around the ice. Hopefully 1 of Jake or JVR are gone next year. Maybe Seattle will 1 or the other and we buy out the other 1, but odds are they will take Ghost and we will be stuck with 1 or both again next year. Wish we would have went after Chara to play with Provy. Should be an interesting D next year, to many players and only 7 positions.

Provy
    Braun
    Sanheim
    Myers
    Hagg
    Ghost
    Morin
    York
    Zamula

Quote Originally Posted by lbz88 View Post
    At least Laughton plays hard every second he's on the ice, unlike some other players that watch the play and glide around the ice. Hopefully 1 of Jake or JVR are gone next year. Maybe Seattle will 1 or the other and we buy out the other 1, but odds are they will take Ghost and we will be stuck with 1 or both again next year. Wish we would have went after Chara to play with Provy. Should be an interesting D next year, to many players and only 7 positions.

Provy
    Braun
    Sanheim
    Myers
    Hagg
    Ghost
    Morin
    York
    Zamula
    Voracek is one of the hardest working players in the offensive zone. he seems to lose interest once the play leaves that zone. It's no wonder he is a minus 12. He reserves his energy for the O zone only. It's a shame because he has a ton of talent but playing the way he plays is not a winning strategy. He doesn't have Ovechkin talent. So in the long run he hurts the team's efforts. JVR has shown more hustle this year in all zones than ever before. Still that is not enough to justify his contract. Ghost has nice offensive abilities but he is just not strong in his own end. They could get away with him on D if both Sanheim and Myers weren't so soft. I hope that York turns out to be a good player but he again is a smallish D man that will have trouble in front of his own goal.
    I am liking what I am seeing with Morin. he knocks people down in his own zone and protects the puck well along the boards. I hope that they resign him. Braun can be no more than a 6th or 7th D man if at all. He's a smart player that lacks quickness.

With the Coyotes not bring Tochett back, what are the odds the Flyers bring him in as an assistant?

Quote Originally Posted by lbz88 View Post
    With the Coyotes not bring Tochett back, what are the odds the Flyers bring him in as an assistant?
    Only if they hire Torts as the coach.

sounds like things in BUF are blowing up because of the way they mishandled eichel's neck injury.

it's a good thing all of the flyers' promising young players shat the bed this year, otherwise we might have had a chance to get in on that.

Also, is Nolan Patrick still on this team? Because he is invisible on the ice.
    4 points in his last 44 games. he's -29 over that span.

it is impressively godawful.
    Also, FWIW I think this would be a good year to trade down in the draft and try to gain additional top picks for next year. You are more likely to hit on a later pick this year since there isn't as large of a recent sample size for a lot of these prospects. Maybe you grab a teams second this year and their next 1st or so to help them rebuild quicker or something, I dont know, but to me, this is the year for those kinds of moves.
    i have spent literally 0 effort looking at this year's draft, so i'm not going to comment on anything specific, but i'm generally in favor of trading down whenever possible.

stockpile those future picks, then cash them in for veteran upgrades when something comes up.

and we're done here.

Quote Originally Posted by steagles View Post
    4 points in his last 44 games. he's -29 over that span.

it is impressively godawful.
    i have spent literally 0 effort looking at this year's draft, so i'm not going to comment on anything specific, but i'm generally in favor of trading down whenever possible.

stockpile those future picks, then cash them in for veteran upgrades when something comes up.
    Yeah, unless you are in on a surefire top talent, I agree with that approach. I'm not going to lie, after my cousin passed away recently, I kind of stopped watching for a bit. Hockey/Flyers were a big part of our relationship. He was my linemate in most leagues and we spent much of our time talking Flyers or hockey in general. It was just too painful to watch some of these games after losing him. I will say that the preacher was a Penguins fan...I did the eulogy...and made sure I had everyone at the funeral yell "Crosby Sucks"...It was honestly the best and worst part of this year as far as hockey goes.

Quote Originally Posted by LLMunchie619 View Post
    Yeah, unless you are in on a surefire top talent, I agree with that approach. I'm not going to lie, after my cousin passed away recently, I kind of stopped watching for a bit. Hockey/Flyers were a big part of our relationship. He was my linemate in most leagues and we spent much of our time talking Flyers or hockey in general. It was just too painful to watch some of these games after losing him. I will say that the preacher was a Penguins fan...I did the eulogy...and made sure I had everyone at the funeral yell "Crosby Sucks"...It was honestly the best and worst part of this year as far as hockey goes.
    I'm sorry for you loss my dude.

CROSBY SUCKS
    <Meaning and Content>

...And did you see that Giroux goal?

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011