Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 160
  1. #61
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    3,474
    michael raffl played more games in a flyers uniform than eric lindros.

  2. #62
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    1,793
    Raffl to the Caps

  3. #63
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    California
    Posts
    9,934
    vrana traded for mantha! cool move

  4. #64
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    3,474
    like so much else about this organization this year, i find it hard to get worked up over that laughton contract, given everything else that's gone wrong.


    the reason you develop guys like bunnaman, laczynski and twarynski is so you don't have to overpay someone like laughton. and yet, here we are.

  5. #65
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    4,767
    Quote Originally Posted by steagles View Post
    like so much else about this organization this year, i find it hard to get worked up over that laughton contract, given everything else that's gone wrong.


    the reason you develop guys like bunnaman, laczynski and twarynski is so you don't have to overpay someone like laughton. and yet, here we are.
    The counterpoint to this is that laughton is these guys ceilings. Why gamble when you have it already here?

  6. #66
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    3,474
    The counterpoint to this is that laughton is these guys ceilings. Why gamble when you have it already here?
    gambling implies both risk and reward.

    the risk if you let laughton go is that none of your prospects are good enough to competently fill a bottom 6 role. but if that's the case, we're just kind of ****ed anyway, don't you think? which means the risk in not resigning laughton is pretty negligible.

    on the other hand, the reward is...what, exactly? that we lose him in the expansion draft? (or maybe this contract is a poison pill to ensure that he doesn't get taken in the expansion draft...) that we can trade him for an even better deal in the future than we could have gotten for him today? that he's still improving and might be a top 6 forward in the near future?



    i should say this isn't a clear cut situation. if laughton wasn't already on this team, if he was a free agent that we signed off another team, i'd be okay with this, because it would add something fresh to the roster. but doing this, resigning him, maintaining this roster, it just doesn't feel right, even though that's not laughton's fault.
    Last edited by steagles; 04-12-2021 at 04:37 PM.

  7. #67
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    4,767
    Quote Originally Posted by steagles View Post
    gambling implies both risk and reward.

    the risk if you let laughton go is that none of your prospects are good enough to competently fill a bottom 6 role. but if that's the case, we're just kind of ****ed anyway, don't you think? which means the risk in not resigning laughton is pretty negligible.

    on the other hand, the reward is...what, exactly? that we lose him in the expansion draft? (or maybe this contract is a poison pill to ensure that he doesn't get taken in the expansion draft...) that we can trade him for an even better deal in the future than we could have gotten for him today? that he's still improving and might be a top 6 forward in the near future?



    i should say this isn't a clear cut situation. if laughton wasn't already on this team, if he was a free agent that we signed off another team, i'd be okay with this, because it would add something fresh to the roster. but doing this, resigning him, maintaining this roster, it just doesn't feel right, even though that's not laughton's fault.
    I'm not in love with contract. Feel like an AAV discount should have been given if the commitment was for 5 years. I also don't hate it.

    When I think about what type of guys I want the flyers to go out and acquire this off-season, alot of those attributes are found in laughton.

    I agree I want some turnover in this lineup, just not sure it has to be laughton.

  8. #68
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    4,767
    Quote Originally Posted by steagles View Post
    gambling implies both risk and reward.

    the risk if you let laughton go is that none of your prospects are good enough to competently fill a bottom 6 role. but if that's the case, we're just kind of ****ed anyway, don't you think? which means the risk in not resigning laughton is pretty negligible.

    on the other hand, the reward is...what, exactly? that we lose him in the expansion draft? (or maybe this contract is a poison pill to ensure that he doesn't get taken in the expansion draft...) that we can trade him for an even better deal in the future than we could have gotten for him today? that he's still improving and might be a top 6 forward in the near future?



    i should say this isn't a clear cut situation. if laughton wasn't already on this team, if he was a free agent that we signed off another team, i'd be okay with this, because it would add something fresh to the roster. but doing this, resigning him, maintaining this roster, it just doesn't feel right, even though that's not laughton's fault.
    As far as the reward for resigning laughton, I believe it's a bottom nine forward capable of playing all three positions and brings an edge to his game.

    my 7 forwards I'm protecting this off-season:
    G
    Couts
    Kevin
    TK
    Patrick
    Lindblom
    Laughton

    Think I'm content with letting seattle choose from the big contracts in JVR or Jake along with Ghost.

  9. #69
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    2,167
    Raffl traded to the Caps.

  10. #70
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Alexandria, VA
    Posts
    4,704
    Quote Originally Posted by steagles View Post
    like so much else about this organization this year, i find it hard to get worked up over that laughton contract, given everything else that's gone wrong.


    the reason you develop guys like bunnaman, laczynski and twarynski is so you don't have to overpay someone like laughton. and yet, here we are.
    I completely agree with steagles here. I don't hate resigning Scott Laughton. I don't really care about him either way. I don't like or dislike him. The problem with this contract as I see it, is that it means that it's one less /new/ voice in the locker room, and I think this team desperately needs some fresh voices in the locker room. I loved Raffl, but I don't mind seeing him traded for the same reason....someone different will be taking his slot. Laughton's just more of the same culture that needs to be changed.
    <Meaning and Content>

    ...And did you see that Giroux goal?

  11. #71
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    8,476
    This team has dropped from our yearly playoff team to the city’s worst managed team who won’t sniff the playoffs for years overnight.

    Awful deadline.

  12. #72
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    4,175
    Quote Originally Posted by castan_b View Post
    This team has dropped from our yearly playoff team to the city’s worst managed team who won’t sniff the playoffs for years overnight.

    Awful deadline.
    Arguable that the eagles could take the reigns on this shortly...

  13. #73
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    1,793
    The Phillies & Sixers seem to be turning the corner. Eagles and Flyers are going backwards.

  14. #74
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    117,567
    even i am in shock... we have no space and are running it back lmfao... fml

    this was a sellers market and we did not sell because god forbid we trade our vets in G/Vora/JVR etc

    fml the flyers are ****ed being owned by comcast.

  15. #75
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    2,167
    Quote Originally Posted by 3iverson3 View Post
    they are blocking zamula and york. Laughton is a decent player that is easily replaceable for much cheaper and less term. We are paying 10 million for hayes+laughton for 5 years and 15 for jvr+voracek now
    Zamula is a poor man's Myers. He's another D man that won't be clearing the porch.

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •