Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

IGT: April "We suck" and the trade deadline

Sell sell sell

This is where signing braun and hagg to a 2 year deal was a mistake. There are a ton of bottom pairing defenders in the upcoming FA.

ian cole, alex martinez, montour, oleksiak, vatanen, oesterle, forbort, goligoski, savard...so many options and we are stuck with hagg, braun, and morin. I easily would've taken montour, Martinez, and oleksiak over all of them. They panicked when niskanen retired and resigned braun for 2 ****ing years.

provorov-top 4 d
    sanheim-myers
    oleksiak/martinez/york/zamula-montour

but we have to have this defense next year:

provorov-top 4 d
    sanheim-myers
    hagg-braun
    morin

garbage yet again

At this point they might as well put the worse team possible on the ice for a higher draft pick.

Letís be honest ... we havenít hit in the draft since Couturier, truly hit.

Iíll give half credit for Provorov, Konecny, and Farabee ... but my god, no more than half ... that is 2.5 players since what, 2011? Eagles have the same problem. The management of this team has been in the toilet for years, and now that we donít have 1 young all star from the group Hexy drafted, all of those years are a total waste. Accumulation of 3rd line talent gets you no where.

Quote Originally Posted by castan_b View Post
    Letís be honest ... we havenít hit in the draft since Couturier, truly hit.

Iíll give half credit for Provorov, Konecny, and Farabee ... but my god, no more than half ... that is 2.5 players since what, 2011? Eagles have the same problem. The management of this team has been in the toilet for years, and now that we donít have 1 young all star from the group Hexy drafted, all of those years are a total waste. Accumulation of 3rd line talent gets you no where.
    I'd throw Lindblom and Sanheim in there too. I think it's a little too early to pass a verdict on some of these guys though. Defenseman usually take longer to pan out and honestly Sanheim was trending upward until this season. Lindblom had cancer. Patrick lost a season to Migraines. TK was an all star just last year but apparently has some issues. Farabee is in his first real season and is the best shooter on the team by far.

I'm also excited to see what guys like York, Brink, and Wisdom can bring in the future.

the best thing is if snyder was alive this **** would not have happened or been alright. Man do i miss him... I really ****ing hate that comcast owns our team now

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    the best thing is if snyder was alive this **** would not have happened or been alright. Man do i miss him... I really ****ing hate that comcast owns our team now
    I refuse to allow them to provide my internet. I /wish/ I could refuse to allow them to provide my hockey.
    <Meaning and Content>

...And did you see that Giroux goal?

I feel like our coaching staff has put our players in more positions to fail than to be successful. Hart will start against the Isles who just put up 15 goals over 3 games...after we allowed 6 goals to Buffalo....

Goal 1 = Bad coverage by Lindblom and a dumb penalty by Morin

So in the first period, we blew three coverages that led to Grade A scoring chances and Hart was able to bail us out on two of them. No one was saving that goal because Lindblom got caught puck watching and his guy slipped in behind him. Morin continues to show heart and grit, but took a bonehead penalty being a little too aggressive there. Our offense is predictable and slow right now. We are telegraphing plays and relying on individuals to do something on the powerplay rather than quickly working it around and keeping it moving to get the box moving and get the PK out of position.

Overall an improvement, but not good enough.

Picking Morin over Pulock; Patrick over Pettersson or Makar, and Brink over Hoglander

Those are all duds selected over studs ... drafting high end scoring talent haunts this team.

Does anyone remember Jay OíBrien? Lol

Should have traded that pick for anything

Quote Originally Posted by castan_b View Post
    Picking Morin over Pulock; Patrick over Pettersson or Makar, and Brink over Hoglander

Those are all duds selected over studs ... drafting high end scoring talent haunts this team.
    I agree with the point on Morin over Pulock, but you had to pick Patrick where we did. For what it's worth, this entire team is a ghost of what it should be so we really still don't know what we have in NP. Jay O'Brien is a trash pick. Foerester probably will be worse. lol

It's looking a lot like we are going to be sellers at the deadline. I could see some really big names being moved this time....

Does anyone remember Jay OíBrien? Lol

Should have traded that pick for anything
    the trade that people here really wanted was 14+19 for 6 ... which would be farabee and obrien for zadina.
    It's looking a lot like we are going to be sellers at the deadline. I could see some really big names being moved this time....
    nothing i've seen from fletcher in the last two years makes me think he's going to make significant changes to this roster anytime soon.

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast