Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    we have to make some serious change to our defense. Trade braun and laughton at the deadline and get some 2nd rounders for them. They have played well this year and can provide some nice depth for a team.

We can't roll into next year with our bottom pairing having braun, ghost, morin, hagg, and expect york to make the team. Fletcher talked about york like he expects him to make it too but our coaches wont just play a prospect over these useless vets. Get rid of all of those guys expect maybe hagg (although I think he should go too cus he sucks) and find the other guys via FA

provorov-top 4d
    sanheim-myers
    york-oleksiak/martinez/montour
    hagg

I believe that laughton is the guy seattle will take. If we trade him, then they will be forced to take one of nak, hagg, braun (if he isn't traded), or voracek (we are probably protecting jvr over him). This will free up another spot. I think hagg could be their next guy after laughon as both are cheap and serviceable.

any way we can move jvr/voracek to get some cap space to sign hamilton???

Quote Originally Posted by 3iverson3 View Post
    any way we can move jvr/voracek to get some cap space to sign hamilton???
    I'd never say never, but I think it's highly unlikely. Nobody wants to take on salary right now.
    <Meaning and Content>

...And did you see that Giroux goal?

Quote Originally Posted by crzyhawk View Post
    I'd never say never, but I think it's highly unlikely. Nobody wants to take on salary right now.
    maybe seattle can help out. If we resign laughton, which I think is a high possibility cus fletch/av like him, then we are going to protect him. No reason to resign and not protect.

giroux, hayes, couts, tk, Patrick. Thats 5 players. The other two are between lindblom, jvr, voracek, and laughton.

They should probably protect lindblom and jvr which would mean seattle takes laughton. If we resign/protect laughton, then we could potentially expose both jvr/voracek. Seattle is not going to get the high end forwards that vegas got lucky with: reilly smith, marchassault, tuch, karlsson. They might have to take a guy like JVR if they want some skill up top and given the season he is having, if JVR is unprotected, then they for sure will. Never know with fletcher

I think this year's trade deadline is going to be weird. I feel unless your willing to take a loss there won't be many players moved. We need to move players so that we expose JVR and Voracek and force Seattle to take one of the contracts. I could see teams calling about Braun, Hagg, Laughton, NAK, JVR, and Elliot. That's about all we have to offer that the team doesn't want to keep and you can probably take Laughton off that list.

Quote Originally Posted by 3iverson3 View Post
    maybe seattle can help out. If we resign laughton, which I think is a high possibility cus fletch/av like him, then we are going to protect him. No reason to resign and not protect.

giroux, hayes, couts, tk, Patrick. Thats 5 players. The other two are between lindblom, jvr, voracek, and laughton.

They should probably protect lindblom and jvr which would mean seattle takes laughton. If we resign/protect laughton, then we could potentially expose both jvr/voracek. Seattle is not going to get the high end forwards that vegas got lucky with: reilly smith, marchassault, tuch, karlsson. They might have to take a guy like JVR if they want some skill up top and given the season he is having, if JVR is unprotected, then they for sure will. Never know with fletcher
    Laughton will be a free agent.

it may be time to shut provorov down.

lol those 2 goals were so bad by the defense its actually hilarious at this point

Quote Originally Posted by steagles View Post
    it may be time to shut provorov down.
    Might be time for provorov to get a stick that isn’t made for someone 6’8” ...

so, are we calling that one a NAKle-puck?

So that should do it, right? We should now be sellers for sure...right?

sellers def. The only guys who should be untouchable are couts/prov/farabee/hart and maybe frost. I really want frost to get a legit shot before we sell him low

Only Couturier is untouchable

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    sellers def. The only guys who should be untouchable are couts/prov/farabee/hart and maybe frost. I really want frost to get a legit shot before we sell him low
    This is a smarter point of view than saying only Couts is untouchable. The reason teams get stuck in mediocrity is that they try to trade their young assets before they have time to develop. Castan's "Only Couturier is untouchable" is the exact reason we watched guys like Sharp, Williams, Bob, etc. have gone to other teams and excelled. Relax on the young guys. Hart is already showing signs of coming out of it. Farabee is going to be streaky because he's young. Provy is your top Dman and the cornerstone of the defense for the future and still has untapped potential (stop pairing him with morons). Frost is going to be amazing...he just needs a legitimate chance.

The only guy I would add as an untouchable is Cam York. I think he's going to be the future #1/#2 guy. I would like to see Myers and Sanheim get a chance to reset and play again next season also because at the least you have a better Coburn in each. lol

Quote Originally Posted by LLMunchie619 View Post
    This is a smarter point of view than saying only Couts is untouchable. The reason teams get stuck in mediocrity is that they try to trade their young assets before they have time to develop. Castan's "Only Couturier is untouchable" is the exact reason we watched guys like Sharp, Williams, Bob, etc. have gone to other teams and excelled. Relax on the young guys. Hart is already showing signs of coming out of it. Farabee is going to be streaky because he's young. Provy is your top Dman and the cornerstone of the defense for the future and still has untapped potential (stop pairing him with morons). Frost is going to be amazing...he just needs a legitimate chance.

The only guy I would add as an untouchable is Cam York. I think he's going to be the future #1/#2 guy. I would like to see Myers and Sanheim get a chance to reset and play again next season also because at the least you have a better Coburn in each. lol
    yea i wouldnt trade york either. I was going by mostly our NHL players outside of frost

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast