Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by kyubi256 View Post
    Prob insurance money

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
    Bingo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If Trump can become president with no political background then I don't understand why I need a resumť

Quote Originally Posted by JoeGamer81 View Post
    What the **** is it with the Wilpons not wanting players to get their injuries fixed??
    They think these guys are robots and because they pay them that injured or not they should play. We heard numerous cases of this now. Beltran, Pedro now Lowrie.

Bernie Madoff just passed away.

Sandy really needs to be less of an ******* when responding to these reports.

Itís hard to defend Sandy when he was at the helm during these alleged incidents and he takes a ďgo to hellĒ response to people asking him to respond to the stories.

The dude messed up and clearly allowed a toxic culture to develop under his tenure. Take some personal responsibility and own up to your faults rather than creating awful, defensive sound bites. Very disappointed in his behavior.

Don't worry. He's got this.

I agree in theory with Sandy when he says not every complaint requires termination. But I don't know how much credibility he has right now, given the ****-show this organization has been, particularly in this respect.

It could be that when people say complaints haven't been "acted on," what they mean is that the offender hasn't been fired. And that's not fair. But considering the behavior of the guy we had hired to be our GM, and that it wasn't exactly a secret, I can't exactly trust that Sandy and Co simply don't get it, and will excuse abuses of power if the abuser is competent at his job.

Honestly, I didn't love the Alderson hire, and I like it less today. A full teardown might be in order.

Quote Originally Posted by Halfmiler2 View Post
    Bernie Madoff just passed away.
    Hopefully with an acid-soaked dildo up his ***.

Alderson is a ****ing idiot if he things the way he answers these questions are a good response.

He has been part of the problem when all these **** was going on, yet he rehired a guy that was accused many times?

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    Alderson is a ****ing idiot if he things the way he answers these questions are a good response.

He has been part of the problem when all these **** was going on, yet he rehired a guy that was accused many times?
    This is what happens when you hire someone who is indoctrinated in the old school male dominated baseball culture. Sandy's tenure as a Marine in the 1960s doesn't help those matters either. Its not surprising it would be something he would be completely out of touch with.

Its pretty obvious (now) why Cohen hired a law firm to deal with his workplace environment. Its time to get with the 21st century, although I do think this happens in more organizations than just the Mets. There's a reason why the first female GM in MLB history wasn't hired until 2021. Sexism, racism, are pretty prevalent across the sporting spectrum.

Yup. He is too arrogant to recognize it too.

This exactly. I LOVE ALDERSON as a baseball guy but regardless of how you feel as the face of a company or a franchise you have to respond way differently than he did. You're personal feelings can't come into it at all. What's the best response for my corporation or team, that's it.

Heís always been glib in dealing with the media. I remember his response to questions about why he couldnít sign Reyes.

But this is different than a baseball decision. Itís about what sounds like a toxic workplace culture. I donít want Sandy gone. But he needs to not make the situation worse with his responses.

How about actually listening to what these women have to say? And how about not hiring back a guy with what sounds like a well known record of work place abuse? And most importantly, get a grip with your responses.

I think the dude simply doesnít get it, and thatís a shame because heís a good executive and baseball man.

Don't worry. He's got this.

I'm at the point where I don't even care anymore.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Alderson is an old fart. He's a product of historically male dominated professions. It shouldn't be all that surprising that the Mets wouldn't handle these matters particularly well. I don't think its the bombshell these podcasts and Met's related sites wanted it to be but it is clearly something they have to address.

Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    I'm at the point where I don't even care anymore.
    Same. The Athletic is just doing this for clicks and to create controversy. I donít really care about these women. They held these stories for years just waiting for the right moment to get the most attention.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast