April 5 - 7: @ Oakland
    April 9 - 11: VS Washington
    April 13-15: VS Colorado
    April 16 - 18: @ San Diego
    April 19 - 20: @ Seattle
    April 22 - 25: VS San Diego
    April 26-28: VS Cincinnati
    April 29-30: @ Milwaukee

Considering that the Rockies are in our division, it's strange that this is only the first time that we've ever opened a season in Coors Field.

Future Hall of Shamers:
    (1) B.A.L.C.O. Barroids (2) Mark McJuicer (3) Jose Chem-seco (4) Rafael Palmeiroids (5) Ken Chem-initi (6) Jason Gi-andro (7) Ryan Fraud (8) Muscle Melk (9) Woman-Ram (10) Shammy Sosa (11) Roger Clear-mens (12) A-Roid (13) Ryan HGHoward

Hope Clayton doesn't lay an egg today. You guys think we get 8 homeruns in the first game again? It's at Coors.

I take it Kershaw looked like **** today? [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by KobeOwnSU View Post

The whole team stunk on all cylinders: pitching, hitting, baserunning, and defense contributed to this loss.

Future Hall of Shamers:
    (1) B.A.L.C.O. Barroids (2) Mark McJuicer (3) Jose Chem-seco (4) Rafael Palmeiroids (5) Ken Chem-initi (6) Jason Gi-andro (7) Ryan Fraud (8) Muscle Melk (9) Woman-Ram (10) Shammy Sosa (11) Roger Clear-mens (12) A-Roid (13) Ryan HGHoward

Quote Originally Posted by KobeOwnSU View Post

He didn't look horrible, but not great. I thought his change up actually looked good, which I was happy to see (at least I thought it was a change up lol).

Quote Originally Posted by dodgerdave View Post
    The whole team stunk on all cylinders: pitching, hitting, baserunning, and defense contributed to this loss.
    Yeah, definitely felt a lot more like a spring training game.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Moves03 View Post
    Yeah, definitely felt a lot more like a spring training game.

I kind of miss the days where managers treated the final week of spring training as if it were the regular season. Players need to be sharp by Game 1.

Future Hall of Shamers:

He didn't look horrible, but not great. I thought his change up actually looked good, which I was happy to see (at least I thought it was a change up lol).
    No that was his new fastball.

Wonder if it was overconfidence. You know these guys are reading all the hype about how good the team is and they came out flat thinking that the Rockies are just going to hand them a win. Lets see how they respond today.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteShadow42 View Post
    He is out there looking like Jamie Moyer and his blazing fast 86mph fastball. lol. I wonder if it's the back that is giving Kershaw trouble with his fastball. Maybe he should blow his elbow and get tommy john and he will come back throwing 99+. But either way, right now Kershaw is our 3rd and possibly 4th best starter. I wouldn't offer him more than 20 million to resign with us. My ideal scenario is we win the WS again and Kershaw retires. Don't really want to see him wear another color.

Quote Originally Posted by lamar2006 View Post
    He is out there looking like Jamie Moyer and his blazing fast 86mph fastball. lol. I wonder if it's the back that is giving Kershaw trouble with his fastball. Maybe he should blow his elbow and get tommy john and he will come back throwing 99+. But either way, right now Kershaw is our 3rd and possibly 4th best starter. I wouldn't offer him more than 20 million to resign with us. My ideal scenario is we win the WS again and Kershaw retires. Don't really want to see him wear another color.
    His fastball was a problem in ST, but it was fine in the opener. He was sitting 90-93 according to ESPNís pitch tracking, he just wasnít sharp and the team was flat too

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteShadow42 View Post

Urias looked awesome today. I think this is the season he takes the next step and turns into a true #1...or at least I'm hoping this happens, but his stuff looked great tonight and his change up was pretty amazing.

Urias looked awesome today. I think this is the season he takes the next step and turns into a true #1...or at least I'm hoping this happens, but his stuff looked great tonight and his change up was pretty amazing.
    Despite all the obvious temptation to move him to a high leverage relief role, Iím so glad heís getting his shot in a starting role for a whole season. Heís cementing himself as a frontline starter.

Also, how about McKinstry? Lux is no surprise, but McKinstry looks like a significant upgrade over Kikť.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast