Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by lamar2006 View Post
    He is out there looking like Jamie Moyer and his blazing fast 86mph fastball. lol. I wonder if it's the back that is giving Kershaw trouble with his fastball. Maybe he should blow his elbow and get tommy john and he will come back throwing 99+. But either way, right now Kershaw is our 3rd and possibly 4th best starter. I wouldn't offer him more than 20 million to resign with us. My ideal scenario is we win the WS again and Kershaw retires. Don't really want to see him wear another color.
    Maybe he was taking it too easy out there. I’ll worry after a couple of more crappy starts. Lol you wonder about some of these Tommy John guys. They come back stronger which is crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Moves03 View Post
    Urias looked awesome today. I think this is the season he takes the next step and turns into a true #1...or at least I'm hoping this happens, but his stuff looked great tonight and his change up was pretty amazing.
    The combo of Urias and Bauer is insane. Our last years top two starters might not even be the top two this year which is crazy. Bauer looks like he is legit.

Lol only one real home run at Coors by us. Did not see that coming.

Quote Originally Posted by GibbyIsMyHero View Post
    Despite all the obvious temptation to move him to a high leverage relief role, I’m so glad he’s getting his shot in a starting role for a whole season. He’s cementing himself as a frontline starter.

Also, how about McKinstry? Lux is no surprise, but McKinstry looks like a significant upgrade over Kiké.
    Yeah, I've been waiting to see a healthy Urias get a shot as a full time starter and it looks like he's picking up right where he left off in the playoffs, which is wonderful to see!

Yep, McKinstry looks awesome out there. I'm consistently amazed at how much talent this team has and how well run this organization is. I think a case can be made that we are the best run organization in sports over the past 6 years or so. We just seem to continually find great talent year in and year out.
    Last edited by Big Moves03; 04-05-2021 at 10:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteShadow42 View Post
    The combo of Urias and Bauer is insane. Our last years top two starters might not even be the top two this year which is crazy. Bauer looks like he is legit.

Lol only one real home run at Coors by us. Did not see that coming.
    Yea for sure. I do think Bauer and Buehler are 1 and 2, but I think Urias might be ahead of Kersahw this year as the #3 though, especially if yesterday was any indication. Our starting pitching come playoff time looks so scary, it's crazy. We keep saying this every year it seems, but this might be the best incarnation of this dodger team, which is absurd given how dominant we've been since for almost a decade now.

have I mention that Beaty is pure trash? Don't know why he made the team. Ruiz or Peters need to take his spot. He can probably start for a team like the Pirates, Giants but he isn't good enough to be on the Dodgers. He will probably get DFA sooner rather than later.

Boys, we may not lose another game all year

161-1

Let’s do this lol

Clayton worked that slider tonight and it was a killer.

Talk about an accomplishment...

https://twitter.com/mlbrandomstats/s...909277184?s=21

He’s also the current all-time leader among starters in Adjusted ERA+ which essentially identifies him as the pitcher who most dominated his era. Look at the 3rd name on the list. The difference is that CK has 14 years under his belt, DeGrom has 8, and they’re both 33. Time will have it’s impact on DeGrom too, but he’s fun to watch right now. The only other active pitcher in the top 20 is Chris Sale at 140.

Kershaw - 157
    Pedro Martinez - 154
    DeGrom - 151

How about this ****ing lineup? Even when they weren’t blasting moonshots, they were raking. There’s not an easy out in the lineup... although I wish Barnes would get a little less of the split with Smith.

Playing at the Oakland Coliseum had been such a hellhole for us dating back to 1997, when Interleague Play first started. The A's would always knock us around like a rag doll there. But the last couple of times that we've visited Oakland, we've definitely turned the tide.
    Last edited by dodgerdave; 04-07-2021 at 04:34 AM.

Future Hall of Shamers:
    (1) B.A.L.C.O. Barroids (2) Mark McJuicer (3) Jose Chem-seco (4) Rafael Palmeiroids (5) Ken Chem-initi (6) Jason Gi-andro (7) Ryan Fraud (8) Muscle Melk (9) Woman-Ram (10) Shammy Sosa (11) Roger Clear-mens (12) A-Roid (13) Ryan HGHoward

At some point we’ll stop letting Kenley “close games” out right?
    The Tweeter Handle: @DanSchneider05

Kenleys ***** *** cost me 80 bucks! I don’t ever want to see him pitch again with a lead of less than 10.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by GibbyIsMyHero View Post
    At some point we’ll stop letting Kenley “close games” out right?
    I just wish Jansen was held to the same standards as Jonathan Broxton. There seems to be a favoritism issue involved.

Future Hall of Shamers:
    (1) B.A.L.C.O. Barroids (2) Mark McJuicer (3) Jose Chem-seco (4) Rafael Palmeiroids (5) Ken Chem-initi (6) Jason Gi-andro (7) Ryan Fraud (8) Muscle Melk (9) Woman-Ram (10) Shammy Sosa (11) Roger Clear-mens (12) A-Roid (13) Ryan HGHoward

Knebel looks like he’s ready to take that role. 97-98 heater, to 79-81 knucklecurve

Seniority shouldn't apply to any ballplayer. If you can't get the job done, then you should be removed from that role.

Future Hall of Shamers:

Seniority is exactly what it is and while I appreciate what Doc is doing in that regard, I also think he’d be justified in shortening that leash at this point. Jansen has long thoroughly proven himself incapable of being that guy anymore.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast