Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 99 of 130 FirstFirst ... 4989979899100101109 ... LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,485 of 1936
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    If berrios was a rental then I’d be burning the sky dome to the ground. I think the move was justified considering how close this team is now (close to a contending roster). The fact he is controlled next season has given me more optimism that this will work out.

Honestly - in hindsight my prediction of 2023 from internal growth was even far too optimistic. This team isn’t even close without springer, berrios, ryu, Ray etc. SWR/Martin etc won’t be all stars ready to carry a team by 2023.
    It’s still beyond me how ppl thought that was a pessimistic take lol.
    I was trying to tell you this two years ago. The hardest part of a rebuild is establishing a rotation and unfortunately pitching is too volatile to predict. All you guys were saying that Pearson would be a top of the rotation stud by 2021 and where is he now ? He can still end up getting there but you have to let him progress at his own pace. Its kind of like trying to force Vlad to play third, all the want to in the world, won't necessarily make it so. All you can do is collect talent and hope it develops into what you saw when you drafted them.

Low point of the season - we look done

Quote Originally Posted by hanton View Post
    Low point of the season - we look done
    keep up the faith 40 games ago the Yankees were hugging .500 all it takes is one good week to turn it around. i keep telling myself that all my mets need to do is tread water till SYndergaard and DeGrom get back too

so youre not alone

Quote Originally Posted by mikepelfrey View Post
    I was trying to tell you this two years ago. The hardest part of a rebuild is establishing a rotation and unfortunately pitching is too volatile to predict. All you guys were saying that Pearson would be a top of the rotation stud by 2021 and where is he now ? He can still end up getting there but you have to let him progress at his own pace. Its kind of like trying to force Vlad to play third, all the want to in the world, won't necessarily make it so. All you can do is collect talent and hope it develops into what you saw when you drafted them.
    I was personally never that high on Pearson. Hopeful, because I want to get an MLB player from a rebuild year draft with 2 first round picks. But he was always just an electric arm. You dream on those but you don’t bet on those.

Quote Originally Posted by statquo View Post
    Two against the Nats and 3 against the Tigers... anything less than 4 wins would be a disgrace.
    Ughhh. Probably the most painful two weeks of ball I've watched in a while.

Everyone knows the bullpen is terrible but what happened to our bats? It looks like that AS MVP went to Vlad's head because he's been bad ever since.

The Lost Boys of PSD

I was personally never that high on Pearson. Hopeful, because I want to get an MLB player from a rebuild year draft with 2 first round picks. But he was always just an electric arm. You dream on those but you don’t bet on those.
    Of course you bet on them that's the point of drafting high upside players.

The Lost Boys of PSD

Pearson was high risk high reward when he was drafted given he had screws in his elbow and was always potentially going to the pen.

True but you never know, look at Manoah, how many fan thought he’d be this good this fast? And he looks like a legit ace and with Ryu and Berrios now, the jays look like they have the makings of a top 5 rotation in all of baseball. what really should be exciting is that none of them were even expected to be part of the rotation when Pearson was drafted, That’s the beauty of baseball…you just never know.

True but you never know, look at Manoah, how many fan thought he’d be this good this fast? And he looks like a legit ace and with Ryu and Berrios now, the jays look like they have the makings of a top 5 rotation in all of baseball. what really should be exciting is that none of them were even expected to be part of the rotation when Pearson was drafted, That’s the beauty of baseball…you just never know.
    Manoah was always seen as more than an electric arm iirc. He was never a 1 pitch pitcher with us.

That’s one thing I love about baseball. Matz is another example. You just never really know.

Need to get the bags going but that’s a great win. Beat the leading Cy Young candidate.

Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    Need to get the bags going but that’s a great win. Beat the leading Cy Young candidate.
    We really need Springer back, the offense went cold as soon as he left.

Either way this has been a good learning experience for the younger guys. There's some glaring holes still. Re-signing Semien and flipping him with Bichette defensively would be ideal. If Ray wants to much then take the pick and try to get another young controllable starter. I really don't want to trade Kirk but if you can package him for a legit #1 or #2 pitcher, do it. Cleaning up this mess of a BP shouldn't be as hard as we think. I don't think there's much need in breaking the bank for a RP, the Jays have been pretty good recently at cobbling together a BP. I would really like to try Pearson as the closer though. And finally, FIRE CHARLIE!

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Powders View Post
    We really need Springer back, the offense went cold as soon as he left.

Either way this has been a good learning experience for the younger guys. There's some glaring holes still. Re-signing Semien and flipping him with Bichette defensively would be ideal. If Ray wants to much then take the pick and try to get another young controllable starter. I really don't want to trade Kirk but if you can package him for a legit #1 or #2 pitcher, do it. Cleaning up this mess of a BP shouldn't be as hard as we think. I don't think there's much need in breaking the bank for a RP, the Jays have been pretty good recently at cobbling together a BP. I would really like to try Pearson as the closer though. And finally, FIRE CHARLIE!

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
    Agreed. Losing Springer hurt the team. He was great at leading off and he was on fire after the all star break. So bad timing for sure. But our bullpen has been mediocre all year. Even some of the bottom dwelling teams seem to have better bullpen than us. Some of our reliable bullpen guys are overworked and they are struggling now. It would be nice to have some solid pieces in the bullpen next season. Jays are 2-8 in the extra inning games. That's awful. I know we are a power hitting team, but why our lower order guys still have trouble with bunting? Hopefully they fix these issues.

I feel like we've struggled with bunting for decades lol.

Some of our guys at the bottom are Grich/LGJ though who are told to swing so that's probably why.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps18-19 Champ View Post
    I feel like we've struggled with bunting for decades lol.

Some of our guys at the bottom are Grich/LGJ though who are told to swing so that's probably why.
    Yeah I get that. But guys like Valaria, Espinal, Biggio should be able to bunt.