Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 93 of 116 FirstFirst ... 43839192939495103 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,395 of 1738
  1. #1381
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    3,228
    Quote Originally Posted by LechWalesa View Post
    Vlad looks like he's put some weight back on.
    seriously?

  2. #1382
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    238
    Quote Originally Posted by LechWalesa View Post
    Vlad looks like he's put some weight back on.
    Jays announcers said average MLB sprint speed is 27'/sec., elite is 30'. range is 23' - 30'. I checked the info this morning and the info is correct. Vlad beat out an infield hit on the weekend at 28.6'/sec or half way between average and elite speed. Guess its a bit of a myth that he can't run. I was shocked when I saw him beat out the infield hit, he got down the line pretty good.

    I also thought he looked a little heavier, but maybe it's just the camera adding a few pounds

  3. #1383
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    238
    Playoff -odds on fangraphs have us at 38% to make the playoffs. I'm sure I read we were at 26% about a week ago. They don't seem to think Seattle has any chance giving them only a 3.6% chance of making the playoffs, I though a little odd given they're a game ahead of us. Oakland only at 44.5%. They're giving bosox lotsa love at 84%, Rays at 77%, and Yanks at 53%.
    Last edited by Sasky05; 08-04-2021 at 01:55 PM.

  4. #1384
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    238
    From Sportsnet this morning: The team enjoys the benefit of a favourable schedule down the stretch, with 32 of its final 58 games set to take place at Rogers Centre. The Blue Jays also have a chance to make gains on the road, with 16 of their final 26 away dates coming against opponents currently sporting losing records.

    I think we have a good shot to make the play-offs.

  5. #1385
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    58,922
    We've set up a prime team right now so if things go our way, we could definitely make it. Came at a steep price and probably shortened the window a bit, but I think most would be fine with the cost if we got back in the playoffs.

  6. #1386
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    3,228
    Quote Originally Posted by Sasky05 View Post
    Jays announcers said average MLB sprint speed is 27'/sec., elite is 30'. range is 23' - 30'. I checked the info this morning and the info is correct. Vlad beat out an infield hit on the weekend at 28.6'/sec or half way between average and elite speed. Guess its a bit of a myth that he can't run. I was shocked when I saw him beat out the infield hit, he got down the line pretty good.

    I also thought he looked a little heavier, but maybe it's just the camera adding a few pounds
    The GOAT of going 1st to 3rd in the minors, he was never slow but obviously the more weight he carried around the harder it was for him to get up to speed. He's also a good baserunner

  7. #1387
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    14,936
    Quote Originally Posted by hanton View Post
    The GOAT of going 1st to 3rd in the minors, he was never slow but obviously the more weight he carried around the harder it was for him to get up to speed. He's also a good baserunner
    His baseball IQ is incredible too.

  8. #1388
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    58,922
    Springer a triple away from the cycle.

  9. #1389
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    58,922
    Great showing by Matz today.

  10. #1390
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    2,020
    Was at the game. Matz was great, but I'm starting to worry about the impact of the sticky stuff ban on Romano.

  11. #1391
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    North Shore
    Posts
    12,624
    Who'd take Kendall Willams over Ross the Boss now

    Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

  12. #1392
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    58,922
    Ross still too sus but we have 5 starters so hopefully he goes back to pen.

  13. #1393
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    238
    Quote Originally Posted by Raps18-19 Champ View Post
    Ross still too sus but we have 5 starters so hopefully he goes back to pen.
    From Sportsnet tonite: Since May 24, he has a 3.39 ERA in 66.1 innings over 13 outings and started the Blue Jays on their current surge with 5.1 innings of two-run ball in the 6-4 homecoming win over the Kansas City Royals on July 30.

    Since Pete helped him fix his delivery, I can only recall one bad start over the past 13. He looks pretty solid right now. But he still might be back to the bullpen if Matz stays on a roll.

  14. #1394
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    238
    From TSN tonite: The Blue Jays (57-49) have gone 24-14 in their last 38 outings for a .632 win percentage, tops in the American League since June 19.

    I was surprised by the results. Somehow it just didn't feel like we were doing this good. If we keep up this pace we will be in the playoffs with a 92 - 70 record.

  15. #1395
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    6,497
    Stripling was nasty today !
    I think Vlad should be hitting 3rd or 4th.
    Romano has been struggling last 7 games.

Page 93 of 116 FirstFirst ... 43839192939495103 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •