Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 89 of 119 FirstFirst ... 3979878889909199 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,335 of 1785
    Quote Originally Posted by Raps18-19 Champ View Post
    I wasn't a fan of Kay either. SWR was too low for me in the system but saw his potential with high upside. I think we should've gotten a top 100 in AA or AAA at the time so don't think it was the best use of assets. But at this point, whatever, especially since Stroman didn't even play last year.
    I find itís best to not treat top 100 rankings like holy books. Theyíre interesting to read but are basically meaningless. They arenít anything other than a couple of dudes arbitrary opinions. SWR being ranked right outside of the top 100 is basically the same as squeaking in to the back quarter imo.

Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    I find itís best to not treat top 100 rankings like holy books. Theyíre interesting to read but are basically meaningless. They arenít anything other than a couple of dudes arbitrary opinions. SWR being ranked right outside of the top 100 is basically the same as squeaking in to the back quarter imo.
    I normally just use "top 100" as a synonym for highly valued prospect (in terms of trade value or expected performance by majority of the respected rankings).

I'm aware not all top 100 prospects make it, but many impactful players/all stats are former top 100 players

SWR is in BA's top 100, and you're correct on the importance of the list. I used to take it way more seriously -now it's just a good read

15 Austin Martin
    16 Nate Pearson
    27 Jordan Groshans
    59 simeon-woods-richardson
    60 alejandro-kirk
    92 Alec Manoah
    100 Gabriel Moreno

Won't be long until Orelvis Martinez is on that list......and I wouldn't be surprised to see Kevin Smith sneak back on it again too after this season. He cracked BA's top 100 after dominating in 2018, so posting an OPS near 1.000 in AAA could get him back on it.

I think I was one of the few that didnít hate the return for stroman. Kay is who I was concerned he was, but we have every reason to dream on SWR. Iím about 75% sure SWR can be as good as stroman, and he aligns better with our core + wonít cost any money for a while.
    would the Mets trade Stroman for SWR + Kay? I know the answer to that question

Quote Originally Posted by hanton View Post
    would the Mets trade Stroman for SWR + Kay? I know the answer to that question
    Tbh I donít think I know the answer to that. Maybe not Kay now, but a prospect of similar stature to when Kay was traded? Maybe. SWRís stock has risen since then from what Iíve seen (anyone know if i am right about that?).

Quote Originally Posted by bartron_44 View Post
    Won't be long until Orelvis Martinez is on that list......and I wouldn't be surprised to see Kevin Smith sneak back on it again too after this season. He cracked BA's top 100 after dominating in 2018, so posting an OPS near 1.000 in AAA could get him back on it.
    My only hesitation with Kevin Smith is that he's 25 years old. I mean, he's getting to the point where he's old for AAA.

Quote Originally Posted by LechWalesa View Post
    My only hesitation with Kevin Smith is that he's 25 years old. I mean, he's getting to the point where he's old for AAA.
    Gotta trade him or give him 1 last shot at the ML. I donít see a spot for him so he should probably be traded.

Gotta trade him or give him 1 last shot at the ML. I donít see a spot for him so he should probably be traded.
    It would be a lot easier if Gurriel wasn't on the team. Then you could have Cavan play LF, Smith 3B, and the rest of the infield stay the same.

Quote Originally Posted by LechWalesa View Post
    It would be a lot easier if Gurriel wasn't on the team. Then you could have Cavan play LF, Smith 3B, and the rest of the infield stay the same.
    As much as I hate to say itÖ it does seem like biggio might be best suited for LF. Hope he discovers a power stroke in that case.

Too many holes on this team. I really hope they back down from making upgrades if we don't win this series.

Biggio gonna go back to 2B next year I think. Semien been good but whatever money he cost I rather spend on pitching.

Interesting. I would not have messed with Vlady

springer
    vlady
    semien
    bo
    teo
    lgj
    biggio
    mcguire

Hell of a catch by Springer.

Not sure about putting Jacob Barnes in with the game tied. It cost us bad.

Page 89 of 119 FirstFirst ... 3979878889909199 ... LastLast