Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 88 of 118 FirstFirst ... 3878868788899098 ... LastLast
Results 1,306 to 1,320 of 1764
    Good sweep. We need to win this upcoming series against the Sox.

Takin care of business! Gotta lay the beatdown on the weaker teams like Texas. Last 4 games Jays outscored opponents 28 - 3. Boston series will be big. Worst case we're 3.5 games back of the WC after today, possibly 2.5.

We're tied with Houston for #1 team ba at .265, we're #1 in OPS at .784 we have the easiest schedule in the ALE from here on. We have a good opportunity in front of us to get a WC spot.

Quote Originally Posted by Sasky05 View Post
    Takin care of business! Gotta lay the beatdown on the weaker teams like Texas. Last 4 games Jays outscored opponents 28 - 3. Boston series will be big. Worst case we're 3.5 games back of the WC after today, possibly 2.5.

We're tied with Houston for #1 team ba at .265, we're #1 in OPS at .784 we have the easiest schedule in the ALE from here on. We have a good opportunity in front of us to get a WC spot.
    2.5 back in the WC race!

They need to take care of business against Bos and TB.....and I just hope Toronto is as fruitful to these hitters as Buffalo has been. Make no mistake, they are one of the best hitting teams in baseball because they have slashed .279/.344/.496 as a team at home this season.

No one enjoys it more than Vladdy either. This year he has slashed a Barry Bonds like .372/.470/.833 in Buffalo vs a normal human all-star line of .296/.392/.533 on the road....lol Make no mistake though, he isn't the only one enjoying Coors field like splits. It will be interesting to see how they hit Toronto after a 2 year break..

So far so good! Keep it up Jays!
    This is a win it all year !

Quote Originally Posted by bartron_44 View Post
    They need to take care of business against Bos and TB.....and I just hope Toronto is as fruitful to these hitters as Buffalo has been. Make no mistake, they are one of the best hitting teams in baseball because they have slashed .279/.344/.496 as a team at home this season.

No one enjoys it more than Vladdy either. This year he has slashed a Barry Bonds like .372/.470/.833 in Buffalo vs a normal human all-star line of .296/.392/.533 on the road....lol Make no mistake though, he isn't the only one enjoying Coors field like splits. It will be interesting to see how they hit Toronto after a 2 year break..
    The good news is that Skydome is still a hitters park.

Stripling sure chose a great time to lay an egg.

I like that he got the early hook, 6 - 0 with a full game to go is nothing, and then Kay. I can safely say the Stroman deal was bad then and it's bad now if not worse.

Quote Originally Posted by hanton View Post
    I like that he got the early hook, 6 - 0 with a full game to go is nothing, and then Kay. I can safely say the Stroman deal was bad then and it's bad now if not worse.
    Well thereís still lots of potential in the deal. And you have to look at what other SPs got. Both Snell and Darvish returns werenít overwhelming. The market has changed. Prospects are more valuable than ever.

Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    Well thereís still lots of potential in the deal. And you have to look at what other SPs got. Both Snell and Darvish returns werenít overwhelming. The market has changed. Prospects are more valuable than ever.
    for Snell the Rays got one of the top pitching prospects in Luis Patino, Darvish was a pure salary dump

The Stroman deal I wasnt a fan of given we should have gotten a top 100 prospect. But hard to complain now given SWR became one 2 years after.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps18-19 Champ View Post
    The Stroman deal I wasnt a fan of given we should have gotten a top 100 prospect. But hard to complain now given SWR became one 2 years after.
    I think I was one of the few that didnít hate the return for stroman. Kay is who I was concerned he was, but we have every reason to dream on SWR. Iím about 75% sure SWR can be as good as stroman, and he aligns better with our core + wonít cost any money for a while.

I mean, Kay hasnít looked good. SWR is still really young. We wonít know how well we did for a while.

I also could never envision this front office and Stroman having mutual interest in extending the relationship. He may have turned down the QO. And he sat out last year. I donít think Atkins or Shapiro liked his attitude very much. The question of how well we did would be in contrast to what else was offered. Which is unknown.

Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    I think I was one of the few that didnít hate the return for stroman. Kay is who I was concerned he was, but we have every reason to dream on SWR. Iím about 75% sure SWR can be as good as stroman, and he aligns better with our core + wonít cost any money for a while.
    I wasn't a fan of Kay either. SWR was too low for me in the system but saw his potential with high upside. I think we should've gotten a top 100 in AA or AAA at the time so don't think it was the best use of assets. But at this point, whatever, especially since Stroman didn't even play last year.

Quote Originally Posted by pebloemer View Post
    I mean, Kay hasnít looked good. SWR is still really young. We wonít know how well we did for a while.

I also could never envision this front office and Stroman having mutual interest in extending the relationship. He may have turned down the QO. And he sat out last year. I donít think Atkins or Shapiro liked his attitude very much. The question of how well we did would be in contrast to what else was offered. Which is unknown.
    Yea couldn't see Stro extending with this FO. That probably would have same effect this off-season when he's a FA too. Too bad given he'd be pretty good get.

Page 88 of 118 FirstFirst ... 3878868788899098 ... LastLast