Jose Iglesias
    Miguel Rojas
    Corey Seager
    Marcus Semien
    Andrelton Simmons
    Trevor Story
    Chris Taylor
    Jonathan Villar
    That just complicates it where you sign a SS but need to trade an IF for SP.

I suppose Im fine with that but its a lot easier to just sign SP outright.

Some are blaming Montoyo for the bullpen blow-ups - I don't get it, he's working with a bunch of no names.

Quote Originally Posted by statquo View Post
    Chatwood is a joke. Disgusting that Charlie didn't pull him after the back to back walks to start the inning.
    Chatwood Thornton and Dolis are pretty much the weakest. It's best to get another Vet in the pen

Quote Originally Posted by hanton View Post
    Some are blaming Montoyo for the bullpen blow-ups - I don't get it, he's working with a bunch of no names.
    He's misusing them. Ex. Romano is reading the 8th with runners on and 1 out, who does he go to? ****ing Saucedo to face the heart of their order. Then after Saucedo blows it, he brings in Romano after they tie it.

Come on, it was a no brainer there. Montoyo is too green, at this point we need a manager with experience.

You'd think coming from the TB system where closers are interchangeable and used when needed and not by the 9th inning Romano is in by the 8th.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaotic98 View Post
    He's misusing them. Ex. Romano is reading the 8th with runners on and 1 out, who does he go to? ****ing Saucedo to face the heart of their order. Then after Saucedo blows it, he brings in Romano after they tie it.

Come on, it was a no brainer there. Montoyo is too green, at this point we need a manager with experience.

You'd think coming from the TB system where closers are interchangeable and used when needed and not by the 9th inning Romano is in by the 8th.
    Some of it is the stupid 3 batter minimum rule too, but Montoyo left Chatwood out there with more than 3... It's pretty hard .

Quote Originally Posted by armchairgm View Post
    Well nobody thought Mike Piazza was anything at all let alone special. If his Dad isn't friends with Tommy Lasorda he doesn't even get drafted and turned out ok. You just never know let's pray Reese is another one of these stories
    - his story wreaks of PED. Pujols too
    Beeston: "we should be able to support a $140-$150 million payroll and that's the direction that we're headed."

Quote Originally Posted by Raps18-19 Champ View Post
    Where do you move him? We have a bunch of SS that dont belong at SS and have to be moved elsewhere. At some point you have to stick someone at SS.
    Second base. The guy is not a SS

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Powders View Post
    Second base. The guy is not a SS

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
    Think you'll have to pick someone from our dozen IF prospects sooner or later at SS so they are giving Bo a leash.

Still betting on Vlad/Biggio/Grosh/Bo as the infield in 2023. Martin in CF.

I hope they don't blow this lead. I was so mad last night.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps18-19 Champ View Post
    Think you'll have to pick someone from our dozen IF prospects sooner or later at SS so they are giving Bo a leash.

Still betting on Vlad/Biggio/Grosh/Bo as the infield in 2023. Martin in CF.
    I just don't see a scenario where Groshans doesn't get traded at the deadline. Trade the guy while he's still got value.

Last night hurt. Today they look to be good. Now is the time to use Chatwood lol.

I think it's a combination of him being too green for the position combined with all the injuries - I think we lead the majors in man days lost, no way he takes all the blame. sometimes we forget - players have to perform

Quote Originally Posted by hanton View Post
    I think it's a combination of him being too green for the position combined with all the injuries - I think we lead the majors in man days lost, no way he takes all the blame. sometimes we forget - players have to perform
    Yes players need to preform. Yes injuries have played a part in some of the late inning issues.

However, last night was all on Montero.

Chatwood struggled, pulled him late. Brings out Saucedo for a Lefty-lefty match up with 1 out runners on 1st and 3rd. Guess what Baltimore goes to the bench for a RHB and Santander gets a 2 run double. All while he's had Romano warming up at the same time as Saucedo in the 8th. Saucedo struggles with the 3 batters, score tied, gets one out and here comes Romano to get the last out of the 8th inning...

He go out coached on this one. Yes players have to preform, but he has to know how to manage his players and assess the situation properly. As soon as Chatwood faced 3 and walked the first 2, Romano needed to come in to stop the rally, not Saucedo. That was a rookie mistake, but he's no longer a rookie manager.

Heck he could have brought out Thornton and kept Chatwood on the bench or invent an IL spot for him to fix him.

Yes players need to preform. Yes injuries have played a part in some of the late inning issues.

However, last night was all on Montero.

Chatwood struggled, pulled him late. Brings out Saucedo for a Lefty-lefty match up with 1 out runners on 1st and 3rd. Guess what Baltimore goes to the bench for a RHB and Santander gets a 2 run double. All while he's had Romano warming up at the same time as Saucedo in the 8th. Saucedo struggles with the 3 batters, score tied, gets one out and here comes Romano to get the last out of the 8th inning...

He go out coached on this one. Yes players have to preform, but he has to know how to manage his players and assess the situation properly. As soon as Chatwood faced 3 and walked the first 2, Romano needed to come in to stop the rally, not Saucedo. That was a rookie mistake, but he's no longer a rookie manager.

Heck he could have brought out Thornton and kept Chatwood on the bench or invent an IL spot for him to fix him.
    Dude has a 1 armed BP. Obviously we all wish he used that arm, but I can see why he’s trying not to over-use him.

Page 80 of 118 FirstFirst ... 3070787980818290 ... LastLast