Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 51 of 92 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by statquo View Post
    I'd ease Dolis back into it and rely on Chatwood and Romano for the 8th and 9th.

That was painful to watch last night.
    Chatwood faced the top of the order so I was fine with him there in the 7th.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps18-19 Champ View Post
    Chatwood faced the top of the order so I was fine with him there in the 7th.
    I like Chatwood for high leverage situations but I havenít liked Dolis couple outings since coming back from injury so bump him up to set up/closer

The Lost Boys of PSD

My biggest issue with last night's BP management was that Charlie didn't pull Dolis. The guy takes so long to pitch and he just wasn't on last night.

Quote Originally Posted by LechWalesa View Post
    My biggest issue with last night's BP management was that Charlie didn't pull Dolis. The guy takes so long to pitch and he just wasn't on last night.
    No way I'm blaming Montoyo here. On top of all the injuries Romano can't be used back-to-back

Quote Originally Posted by hanton View Post
    No way I'm blaming Montoyo here. On top of all the injuries Romano can't be used back-to-back
    I guess Dolis dances with danger a lot, but I had zero confidence in him last night. I would have preferred just about anyone. Oh well, can't win them all.

Quote Originally Posted by hanton View Post
    I think the argument is when Dolis/Romano was used, not that Romano wasnt used back to back inning.

I think the argument is when Dolis/Romano was used, not that Romano wasnt used back to back inning.
    Maybe turn it around, how should Montoyo have used them?

Decent start by Kay but still throwing way too many pitches and he can't continue to pitch high in the zone and get away with it. His FB has been really good and he's throwing it low in the zone - used to throw it up. If he can just work on his control.

Using the better reliever in the higher leverage situation is the right call I think. Romano vs 4-5-6, Dolis vs 7-8-9

Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    Using the better reliever in the higher leverage situation is the right call I think. Romano vs 4-5-6, Dolis vs 7-8-9
    did Montoyo actually say this? or just your opinion.

IIRC he's been pretty traditional with how he uses the relievers - 7th inning/8/9 low to high leverage

Semien has been really good over the past few weeks...

Quote Originally Posted by pebloemer View Post
    He has. Can't replace experience as well - maybe he's getting a little more comfortable

Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    In the 8th inning when Romano pitched, we actually faced 5/6/7. The 8/9 hitters had a higher OPS than the 6/7 guys that game so that night specifically I think Romano shouldve gone in the 9th. We gotta worry about devers to start the 8th but its at least with nobody on.

Didnt watch but sucks about the grand slam.

Quote Originally Posted by pebloemer View Post
    Hopefully he's dealt for prospects at the TDL. I don't care what place the Jays are in.

Page 51 of 92 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast